A man named Allen

Chandler#81

5 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

This will be a hot take to most, but Allen is already the greatest QB in Bills history.

Disagree...... At some point he may become that but too early to crown him at this point. I love what he's shown thus far. The game has changed since the 90's as it's now a passing league. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Radar said:

No Kelly? Lofton? Simpson? Over the years we've had superstars depending on your valuing system. Maybe Cornelius Bennett and Thomas? Hall of Famers must be superstars one thinks.

I think he means “Superstars that we hang on every aspect of their lives” … to my knowledge, nobody cared about Joe Delamilleure’s wardrobe choices, HOF or not 😂

• Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, mrags said:

People arguing that Kelly and Thomas were better are just comical. They weren’t even the best at their positions at the time. Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith were both better than Thomas. And that’s not even considering Eric Dickerson, Bo Jackson, Marcus Allen.

Kelly wasn’t as good as Marino, Elway, Moon, Young, Cunningham,  Montana. 

Kelly was 11-7 against Marino in the regular season and 3-0 against him in the playoffs! And I think he was definitely better than Moon and Cunningham.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

imagine if we had better weapons like this year (at RB, and presumably at receiver)—and an OC who is not a rookie.  He should have a really good year this year. 

Also, not to be negative, but to some extent this shows how good Allen is, but the lack of a team effort around him.  He was the offense.  Hopefully some more balance upcoming and a SB win!

He needs the defense to show up and contribute on their side in the playoffs,

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, mrags said:

People arguing that Kelly and Thomas were better are just comical. They weren’t even the best at their positions at the time. Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith were both better than Thomas. And that’s not even considering Eric Dickerson, Bo Jackson, Marcus Allen.

Kelly wasn’t as good as Marino, Elway, Moon, Young, Cunningham,  Montana. 

Take it back good sir!! Kelly was undefeated in the playoffs against every cat (minus Cunningham, they only met in reg season which Kelly also won—the ‘90 meeting was K-Gun gold) you’ve listed as better than him…and before I get the usual “Kelly’s teammates were so much better” washed retort, I’m sorry, but we’ve all seen how little a good roster with a bad to passable QB can get you (see any of the drought years)…Kelly was usually darn great against those guys. And you’ve said already that Thomas overrated too, so…🤷🏼‍♂️

6 hours ago, Taro Nimbus said:

This will be a hot take to most, but Allen is already the greatest QB in Bills history.

He’s definitely on his way, but he needs to still show sustained greatness over time—a few more years to go! 

30 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Take it back good sir!! Kelly was undefeated in the playoffs against every cat (minus Cunningham, they only met in reg season which Kelly also won—the ‘90 meeting was K-Gun gold) you’ve listed as better than him…and before I get the usual “Kelly’s teammates were so much better” washed retort, I’m sorry, but we’ve all seen how little a good roster with a bad to passable QB can get you (see any of the drought years)…Kelly was usually darn great against those guys. And you’ve said already that Thomas overrated too, so…🤷🏼‍♂️

He’s definitely on his way, but he needs to still show sustained greatness over time—a few more years to go! 

Your screen name says it all. There’s no changing your mind in the subject. But you are wrong. Kelly was good, maybe even great. But Allen is a superstar. Not just one of the best at his position for his time. Possibly the best at his position and possibly the best player in the league. 

Allen 100% better than Kelly. 

and you commented about the talent in those teams then talk about the talent on the team during the drought years? The talent in the team during the drought years is about the same as the talent was at QB at those times. Pretty much non existent. The Bills had about 5 decent players in their 17 year drought. 

• Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, Gregg said:

From a talent POV Bruce and OJ are above the rest. Bruce is the greatest defensive player in Bills history He is also one of the greatest in league history. Same goes for OJ for the Bills offense as well as the league. Kelly, Thomas, Reed, Lofton are all great players, but they are not considered some of the greatest at their positions. Bruce and OJ are.

The NFL Hall Of FAME is on the phone. They’d like a word with you.. 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Your screen name says it all. There’s no changing your mind in the subject. But you are wrong. Kelly was good, maybe even great. But Allen is a superstar. Not just one of the best at his position for his time. Possibly the best at his position and possibly the best player in the league. 

Allen 100% better than Kelly. 

and you commented about the talent in those teams then talk about the talent on the team during the drought years? The talent in the team during the drought years is about the same as the talent was at QB at those times. Pretty much non existent. The Bills had about 5 decent players in their 17 year drought. 

I can't comment on Kelly - he was before my time watching and I have only seen highlights and the Raiders AFCCG in full. But Josh isn't yet the best at his position in his era either. Mahomes remains the best Quarterback in football. Josh is close and at his best I think he is better, but he still has too many fluctuations in comparison to Mahomes. I take the arguments about coaching and supporting talent, but I can't put Josh #1 until he matches Pat's consistency. 

They should come up with a commercial for Josh like the Bad Things commercial made for Bruce years ago . It would ave been cool to have Hopper himself do say a Good Things commercial for Josh but he has passed that commercial is such a classic !! 

Like Bruce Josh will go down as 1 of the all time greats & i believe surpass Kelly as the Bills best ever QB ! And go down with Kemp as the Bills QB that brings a championship to Buffalo once again .

Edited by T master

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I can't comment on Kelly - he was before my time watching and I have only seen highlights and the Raiders AFCCG in full. But Josh isn't yet the best at his position in his era either. Mahomes remains the best Quarterback in football. Josh is close and at his best I think he is better, but he still has too many fluctuations in comparison to Mahomes. I take the arguments about coaching and supporting talent, but I can't put Josh #1 until he matches Pat's consistency. 

Damn getting old... JK before your time???... whered the time go?  OJ imo GOAT running back... pos post NFL... Jimbo great but not GOAT... Thurman one of the great all purpose backs... Bruuuuce... nuff said Reed up there... Allen still making a case but has a ways to go...

Edited by North Buffalo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.