Game Tickets ????????

NakedSquid

Does anyone have some good insight to get discounted tickets?  Wait till game and get whatever's left?  Military discount? Teacher discount?  Friend with season tickets?  anything?  

We're taking our son, 6yo, to Buffalo for his first NFL game against Miami on Oct 1st.  Can't find anything less than $200 and nothing in the lower bowl sideline under $350.  

• Simon changed the title to Game Tickets ????????

Unfortunately that’s probably going to be the ballpark you’ll have to pay this year. 

You may be able to find a season ticket holder that will allow you to purchase single game tickets under their account. 

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Agree 1

Tickets are expensive this year.  But I guess that's the price you pay (literally) when your team is doing so well.  I'm coming in from Arizona for the Raiders game and paid $270 for 300 level seats.  I unfortunately don't have the luxury to wait too long for prices to drop, so I sucked it up and paid the price.  

31 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’ve always wondered if you could get cheap tickets on StubHub or SeatGeek the morning of the game at a good discount.  Anyone ever do this?  There must be tickets still available and sellers wanting to get something for their tickets.

I have done it on the road before.

Supply and demand with sports tickets has never been more prevalent than now. With the ease of StubHub and others, there is a market that determines the value of tickets. If you want to see the Bills in OP in September or October, it’ll cost you. If you wait until December, you’ll get in cheaper. Bills tickets were always so cheap compared to other teams in the league. Those days are gone. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I’ve got some for sale for Bills @ Chargers if anyone needs! Face value sec 401 row 2. 5 tickets. Bought extra for family being Christmas weekend but turns out no one wants to go 😆 

Edited by astb41

20 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’ve always wondered if you could get cheap tickets on StubHub or SeatGeek the morning of the game at a good discount.  Anyone ever do this?  There must be tickets still available and sellers wanting to get something for their tickets.

Best chance for that

Is literally going to Orchard Park on game day… Waiting till 45 minutes before kick off

And scalping seats off dudes on on Abbott Road… I assume they are still doing it digitally 

You will actually do pretty well… Besides the nerve racking fact of waiting 45 minutes before kick off without a ticket

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

Demand for NFL it very strong...as an alternative...the pre-season game will have the best seats and lowest prices, its a great way to take the kids to an afternoon game until they are old enough to pitch-in and pay for regular season games...road games are not cheap either...I paid just under 200 for each ticket in Miami, upper deck...add fees, travel, etc...but its a special event, vacation, as well so that helps justify it....

12 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I've done it for a few games. Sometimes they drop, sometimes they stay the same, sometimes they go up. Couple games I had to stay home and watch on tv. Some resale sites stop ticket sales about an hour before the game starts. 

The Bengals playoff game and Miami regular season game were the only two that I got cheaper closer to game time. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have 4 aisle seats in upper row of S111 and can only make a couple games this year. Happy to sell the others and save you the crazy 22% fees. 
Visitors side, 40 yardline. 

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Best chance for that

Is literally going to Orchard Park on game day… Waiting till 45 minutes before kick off

And scalping seats off dudes on on Abbott Road

You will actually do pretty well… Besides the nerve racking fact of waiting 45 minutes before kick off without a ticket

Have you been to a game in the last few years?

Patience.  Ticket prices usually peak right after the schedule release as out-of-towners lock in their plans, and season ticket holders evaluate which games they want to go to.

Just check in every day or so for a month and you'll see someone looking to dump tickets at close to face.

TickPick is an app that doesn't charge fees to the buyers, which can typically cut $20 or so off your purchase. 

As others have said, wait awhile. Purchase in July, not right now when excitement is high from schedule release. 

You also may need to adjust your expectations slightly, you picked a pretty premium game during the good weather portion of the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, NakedSquid said:

Does anyone have some good insight to get discounted tickets?  Wait till game and get whatever's left?  Military discount? Teacher discount?  Friend with season tickets?  anything?  

We're taking our son, 6yo, to Buffalo for his first NFL game against Miami on Oct 1st.  Can't find anything less than $200 and nothing in the lower bowl sideline under $350.  

That's the going rate unfortunately. No such thing as discount tickets when you are a contender.

2 minutes ago, CBD said:

You also may need to adjust your expectations slightly, you picked a pretty premium game during the good weather portion of the season. 

Great point. December games will be a lot cheaper.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

What is the face value? 

$238/ticket. Also, it’s sec 401 row 2 not row 8 like I accidentally put in my original post!

Edited by astb41

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.