L’il Dirty Dishes

Coach Tuesday

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I just hope he is right that Dorsey will improve.  

You know what coach I felt struggled last year and it wasn’t Dorsey? Aaron Kromer.

Dorsey was fine. I like to think I understand offense and schemes and I just didn’t see anything to complain about other than the routes Davis and McKenzie were running. I mentioned this many times throughout the season. I tend to believe these 2 players can’t run a full route tree. But that’s what I’ve seen out of them since being Buffalo Bills. 

Davis says he can do it all, well let’s see it. McKenzie should be running crossers all day long, that’s what he’s good at. Teams took that away. Not much else he can do. 

I would’ve liked to see Diggs in the slot more last year. Hopefully Kincaid is a quick learner.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Meh. It wasn't Isaiah who made himself a starter. Beane was the guy who decided to rely on what they had in the slot last year. 

You can't trust him on specials and he can't play outside and he's not a great fill-in in the slot if you have an injury and we had Shakir and there's no gadget role in this offense. The team should have been better-stocked at perimeter wideout and McKenzie shoulda been cutso.

I like McKenzie, just never trusted him to be consistent. When he was back receiving on ST, I was nervous. When a ball was in the air going his way, I was nervous. Even though he definitely had moments where he shined, I more vividly remember inexplicable drops.

I do agree with him that Dorsey probably never gave him the opportunity to be the next Beasley 

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I like McKenzie, just never trusted him to be consistent. When he was back receiving on ST, I was nervous. When a ball was in the air going his way, I was nervous. Even though he definitely had moments where he shined, I more vividly remember inexplicable drops.

I do agree with him that Dorsey probably never gave him the opportunity to be the next Beasley 

With your raving review I’m surprised Dorsey didn’t design more of the offense around him. 😄

• Haha (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

You can't trust him on specials and he can't play outside and he's not a great fill-in in the slot if you have an injury and we had Shakir and there's no gadget role in this offense. The team should have been better-stocked at perimeter wideout and McKenzie shoulda been cutso.

Shakir was not ready the play. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They did find him funny but at the same time they knew he was a liability on the field.     Everybody with any clue knew that.   Just too many mistakes.   When you are torn between wanting a teammate around personally and knowing he is costing you on the scoreboard........and unapologetically at that..........those are unnecessary loose threads to have when you want your team to be focused on being great on the field.    

It's why the Belichick/Parcells were so adamant against having players like that around.   There is a negative synergy created by accepting that in your locker room.   It's OK to be goofy off the field........JA17 is great and he's like that............but that guy can't both suck and not even be accountable about it either.  

and you start point fingers at teammates, or adverse conditions that everyone’s working through and as a teammate I might still chuckle at any individual joke but still think you are an immature clown that needs to handle his business better. 

id bet it’s real mixed bag on guys real opinions of him 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

With your raving review I’m surprised Dorsey didn’t design more of the offense around him. 😄

True! 🤣 

Tbf, as I've gotten older, I'm getting more & more nervous during every game. Probably because unlike in the past, I know the Bills have a legit chance to contend for a SB.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Meh. It wasn't Isaiah who made himself a starter. Beane was the guy who decided to rely on what they had in the slot last year. 

Yes McBeane are obviously to blame for keeping a guy like that on the roster.   That's the way it works,  we criticize the player for not being good but what we are really doing is criticizing management for having them on the team.  It's not personal.   I think you understand that but seem to be conflicted because you think you like him personally for some reason.      

He landed where he belongs in Indy........with a team that's not serious about winning right now with a young Josh Allen type QB who could use his gadgetry.   That's why he ended up in Buffalo when he did.  Buffalo, at the time,  could afford to absorb an all-time-worst kinda' special teams mistake maker because they had zero juice in their WR corps at all.   They were terrible.   

At some point when you get serious about winning though, you gotta' move on from guys like that.   You went out of your way to note that keeping a team laughing all season is important but that can also be a guy who is accountable to his organization.   Humor is not hard to find in a locker room full of 20 something dude's.......what's really important is getting players to suspend disbelief for 6 months and buy into the process.   No-account persons like McKenzie are an enemy of that mindset.   It's not like he's a QB/team leader and being the teams Jay Cutler with that weirdness but the loose ends he creates still matter when the goal is to be great.  

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes McBeane are obviously to blame for keeping a guy like that on the roster.   That's the way it works,  we criticize the player for not being good but what we are really doing is criticizing management for having them on the team.  It's not personal.   I think you understand that but seem to be conflicted because you think you like him personally for some reason.      

He landed where he belongs in Indy........with a team that's not serious about winning right now with a young Josh Allen type QB who could use his gadgetry.   That's why he ended up in Buffalo when he did.  Buffalo, at the time,  could afford to absorb an all-time-worst kinda' special teams mistake maker because they had zero juice in their WR corps at all.   They were terrible.   

At some point when you get serious about winning though, you gotta' move on from guys like that.   You went out of your way to note that keeping a team laughing all season is important but that can also be a guy who is accountable to his organization.   Humor is not hard to find in a locker room full of 20 something dude's.......what's really important is getting players to suspend disbelief for 6 months and buy into the process.   No-account persons like McKenzie are an enemy of that mindset.   It's not like he's a QB/team leader and being the teams Jay Cutler with that weirdness but the loose ends he creates still matter when the goal is to be great.  

I do like Isaiah, but I also just know from my own experience in sport that you need funny, energy dudes around. He is what he is as a player, but you still need guys like him around the locker room. I am not lamenting the decision to move on. Far from it. But I don't think keeping Isaiah last year was a mistake so much as only having Crowder (who let's not forget he had actually beat out even before he predictably got hurt) and a 5th round rookie as legit alternatives in the slot was the mistake.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Shakir was not ready the play. 

Exactly. He had some good moments in the preseason which I think elevated everyone's expectations of him and that was unfair. He was a 5th round pick.

However, just for fun, Gunner...had Shakir been a part of this last draft class where would you have had him ranked in the WR class?

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Exactly. He had some good moments in the preseason which I think elevated everyone's expectations of him and that was unfair. He was a 5th round pick.

However, just for fun, Gunner...had Shakir been a part of this last draft class where would you have had him ranked in the WR class?

He was WR17 for me in 2022. He'd have been WR12 for me in 2023.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Dorsey never gave him the opportunity?   Say what? :lol: McKenzie got a ton of action early..........he just made a ton of mistakes with the opportunity.    Starting with bobbling a perfectly thrown pass into an interception in the opener.    I don't know if people just have poor memories or what but they fed him like there was no tomorrow early in the season and he rewarded them with drops and boneheadery.    Dumb fuk ran out the clock in Miami and almost gave poor Dorsey a coronary.:lol:

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Dorsey never gave him the opportunity?   Say what? :lol: McKenzie got a ton of action early..........he just made a ton of mistakes with the opportunity.    Starting with bobbling a perfectly thrown pass into an interception in the opener.    I don't know if people just have poor memories or what but they fed him like there was no tomorrow early in the season and he rewarded them with drops and boneheadery.    Dumb fuk ran out the clock in Miami and almost gave poor Dorsey a coronary.:lol:

this

McKenzie is not the type of player a team w Super Bowl aspirations can afford to have playing meaningful snaps

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.