L’il Dirty Dishes

Coach Tuesday

Long but interesting interview I haven’t seen posted.  Highlights:

- Felt the Bills could’ve been more open with him about moving on, but also speaks very highly about the organization and Beane

- Loves Dorsey and thinks he’ll get better but shares the sentiment of some of us fans that the offense became too reliant on big play passes - and interestingly, blames the Bengals game on the weather that day being a bad fit for the Bills’ big play passing offense

- Says Diggs will be fine and not to read into his cryptic tweets

- Gave himself a c-plus for his performance last year but then blames everyone else for his low output; says he was asked to run clearout routes for Diggs and never really got a chance to become Beasley

-  Reinforces my view that he’s generally a good guy who loves Buffalo (he specifically leaves the door open to returning) but not exactly an intellectual student of the game 

• Like (+1) 18
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 14

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Big addition by subtraction........dumb players kill you.   

Beane just really screwed it last offseason in how they addressed their WR situation.

Diggs was the only guy on the field you could count on to catch the football. Davis, McKenzie, Knox surrounding arguably the best QB on the planet. There were series where back to back plays were good balls, dropped, and punt. Monumental failure from the office.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 4

So, over the last few years the Bills have:

-Let his contract expire and brought him back on small dollar short term deals

-Benched him and made him inactive multiple times

-Drafted Shakir, brought back Beasley and signed Crowder. 

I feel like that's all pretty open. They have been looking to move on from him for a few seasons now IMO. I'm actually shocked he made it this long. Good guy and is a fringe NFL talent, but not a pressure player. Wish him the best in Indy and with his BBQ joint. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

50 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Crowder getting hurt blew up the plan 

Yeah and that was a dumb plan.    Crowder had struggled with injuries in 3 of the prior 4 years and had a huge drop-off  in performance in 2021.    They turned a key position over to a $2M flyer and Lil' Dummy was the insurance plan.   The presumption that Gabe Davis was ready to assume the WR2 position without a backup plan was even more shortsighted.     At least if they had some depth outside they could have played Diggs in the slot more. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

I mean, no ***** about the weather. Everybody knows bad weather affects the passing game. You would have to be an idiot to not know that bad weather affects the passing game. Ken Dorsey doesn't know that bad weather affects the passing game. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah and that was a dumb plan.    Crowder had struggled with injuries in 3 of the prior 4 years and had a huge drop-off  in performance in 2021.    They turned a key position over to a $2M flyer and Lil' Dummy was the insurance plan.   The presumption that Gabe Davis was ready to assume the WR2 position without a backup plan was even more shortsighted.     At least if they had some depth outside they could have played Diggs in the slot more. 

I really hope we aren’t saying the same exact thing next year this time. 

9 hours ago, mrags said:

I really hope we aren’t saying the same exact thing next year this time. 

Certainly possible but at least they invested a first round pick in their passing game this time.  

Edited by BADOLBILZ

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.