Hope you have a Peacock subscription. NFL playoff game exclusively on Peacock, Jan 2024.

Draconator

44 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Eventually I'm sure. This year they might let that go.

They just mentioned on One Bills Live that you will need a Peacock premium subscription to watch the game.  It will not be on the free tier.

They also had a bar owner call in that said they don't have access to the Peacock games to show to their customers.  There is no mechanism for them commercially.  

Edited by jkeerie

18 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

So you're planning on living to 200?

Good genes.  😜🏈🦬

Im not doing the YouTube ticket as I go to this one wing joint where there is a bunch of guys and gals that are fans of different teams.  It’s fun and 1/4 mile away.  Having a couple of pops isn’t a big deal in moderation.

I do eat rice almost every day.  

We only have a few games that I could see that won't be on national TV with either a prime time game, 4:00 pm game or just potentially game of the week. 

I am not ordering the ticket.

40 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

They just mentioned on One Bills Live that you will need a Peacock premium subscription to watch the game.  It will not be on the free tier.

They also had a bar owner call in that said they don't have access to the Peacock games to show to their customers.  There is no mechanism for them commercially.  

If it isn't the Bills I don't think I'll watch. I already subscribe to too many services as it is. Even if it is the Bills I'll have to think about it.

So, this NFL season, I'm adding YouTube TV (aired games), Sunday Tix (Sunday non-aired games), Prime (for some but not all Thurs games) and Peacock (playoffs). I'm probably missing a streaming channel somewhere. 

I remember when nearly everyone was happy to "cut the cord". 

Boy were we wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If it isn't the Bills I don't think I'll watch. I already subscribe to too many services as it is. Even if it is the Bills I'll have to think about it.

This was the topic of discussion today.  A lot of callers expressed their frustration about the NFL dispersing their product over all of these paid subscription services.  Younger callers didn't mind so much as they stream and watch on their phones.  Older callers were the most frustrated.  I am older, having lived through the TV antenna days of my youth, then moving onto cable, doing Dish at one point, back to cable,  and now streaming.  I use the Spectrum App on my Apple TV and Roku and have found this quite easy to do.  I added Apple + after having a free 12 month subscription that came with the Apple receiver.  I like their original programming, particularly when network TV is in rerun stage.  I got a free 12 month subscription to Peacock for one year through my Spectrum subscription, but dropped it afterward.  I added Amazon Prime video when Thursday Night football migrated.  I like a lot of their programming as well, so have stuck with it year round.    At some point you have to draw the line.  There is so much available on so many platforms (Netflix, Britbox, Paramount, etc) yet you can't watch it all.   If I have to pay $4.99 to watch a couple of football games, I may or may not.  

It used to be that we called the cable companies greedy.  Now all the streaming companies are getting that way, because they want subscribers.  The NFL is a draw, as Amazon learned and now Peacock wants to follow.  I learned from a Spectrum rep, that after this last contract, the YES network will no longer be available on cable or through the Spectrum App.  Now that YES is it's own platform, for $24.99 per month, they want Yankee fans to subscribe directly from them.  My brother is a huge Yankee fan and he is strictly cable, subscribing to the sports package at Spectrum.  I'm wondering how he's going to react to this news.  He just this year got a cell phone as his kids made him get it after the latest blizzard knocked out his power etc.   I don't know that he'd ever go to streaming tv.  He's a couple years older than me and is very old school.  He probably would have had trouble with the wheel.  

If y'all already blew your free Peacock trial on something else, that's on y'all.  

Anyway, I'm not going to worry too much about it.  I guarantee I'll find some way to watch.  I always do.  But I do think professional sports may be making a mistake putting so much on subscription streaming services.  

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

the other bit is nfl red zone. It’s like a regular football game on 17 espressos. Since the bills are good and have popular players I’d bet they are on a lot. (I watch sometimes when bills are not on always bills when they are on) 

I wouldn’t know. As extravagant as I am on all this crap, I drew the line on Red Zone for some reason. I’m telling you, this serious and long (VERY long) time fan is getting tired of it. I’m sure every fan base has people like me.  

• Like (+1) 2

There are some inconveniences associated with the changing times regarding streaming, new provider for Sunday Ticket, etc. 

But, just for perspective, I couldn’t be happier be able to enjoy my Bills, at home, high def big screen, and all the comforts and conveniences that go with it. 
There was a time when us out-of-town Bills loyalists couldn’t see most games and were relegated to waiting for halftime highlights on ESPN.  Ughh!

So, even though it may not be ideal with multiple streaming services needed to see all the games, I really can’t complain. We’re so fortunate to be able to see every minute of every game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

I wouldn’t know. As extravagant as I am on all this crap, I drew the line on Red Zone for some reason. I’m telling you, this serious and long (VERY long) time fan is getting tired of it. I’m sure every fan base has people like me.  

you’re not alone, family keeps me so busy I’m missing many of the games or trying to catch a quarter here and there on the phone. 

in a weird way, it was fun to watch when they weren’t good but might be. Now they are sooo good when they lose there is no moral victory… losing is more frustrating than winning is joyous. 

I once thought of dropping all of it and getting the rewind and just watching it at night or next morning in 28 minutes while on a treadmill. 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

you’re not alone, family keeps me so busy I’m missing many of the games or trying to catch a quarter here and there on the phone. 

in a weird way, it was fun to watch when they weren’t good but might be. Now they are sooo good when they lose there is no moral victory… losing is more frustrating than winning is joyous. 

I once thought of dropping all of it and getting the rewind and just watching it at night or next morning in 28 minutes while on a treadmill. 

I wanted to like or agree here, but 28 minutes on a treadmill was too unappealing. Did I mention the great food at the gym I might rejoin? My wife is for it, but she doesn’t know all my reasoning. I like exercise, love it even, but it should be disguised as tennis, or something else. 

• Haha (+1) 2

As much as I've complained about not being able to get NFL streaming things in Canada, the silver lining is I generally don't have to worry about exclusives since the broadcasting agreements end at the border.  I've always been able to watch the "exclusive" games on regular cable channels here (at my friend's house).

1 hour ago, wppete said:

The NFL is broken in so many ways. 

Big time!  I am sure the league will be folding any day now.

Did you predict doom and gloom when ESPN won their first bid for prime time games?  You know…the same ESPN that without a PAID cable subscription, you don’t see the games?

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.