Hope you have a Peacock subscription. NFL playoff game exclusively on Peacock, Jan 2024.

Draconator

7 hours ago, Draconator said:

I hope it is a Cowpokes vs Redsucks type of game where owners Bitchastard constantly.

7 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

They usually have free trials, and I'm pretty sure last year they had a Black Friday or a Holiday deal for 99 cents a month. Which was great because that's about all it's worth.

Anyways, it's dumb that you need access to 7 different streaming services to watch all the games you wanna see. But hey. What can you do.

Agree completely. There will be fans tired of this and lose viewers.

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

For me it’s not the $5, I paid hundreds for Sunday ticket for years. But stop making us have to sign up for 17 different things to watch the out of market team we like. 

It’s a Bad customer experience 

I’ve been paying full freight for Sunday Ticket forever. It’s not just the money to me. I get free Peacock now to watch Dan Patrick in the morning. They keep trying to get me to sign up and pay for more. It’s annoying.  Now they want me to do some friggin’ update which is not as simple as it sounds, and I’m just tired of keeping it all up to date. 

I had a good friend who never watched another NFL game after they went on strike. It’s not always about money and the other costs to watch. I’m not ready to turn away yet, but if there is a point where they annoy me by making it hard to watch one Bills game, or a playoff game, they might not just lose me for that game. They may lose me entirely. I can be a stubborn SOB. They need to tread a bit more lightly and gradually, IMO. “Kids” don’t mind this stuff as much as the older folks, and we tend to have more money, so there’s that to consider. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, chongli said:

Reminds me of a guy at my former gym. Pays over $600 a month to see a trainer 3 times a week at his main gym, and then joined a second gym for $50 a month (which he doesn't like) just to use the trainer's services (since he switched his service to a new location). He also just bought a $3,000 e-bike which he never uses. But he balked at paying $5 more a month (just $35) for a main gym which he admits is better since he pays only $25 now. WTF?

I’m trying to count the number of gyms we have joined and quit since moving to Atlanta, but the number escapes me. Now I’m breaking new ground. I’m considering rejoining a gym we’ve already quit once. They have good food. 😋

• Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Wait til you hear about the people that are about to pay thousands of bucks to fly to London for a week 5 game. Oddly enough, I'd bet some of the same people are complaining about paying for Peacock for about the same price as a Big Mac.

wait till people pay thousands of dollars just to be able to pay thousands more for tickets to Bills games

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, QCity said:

i6ueuKB.jpeg

Told you the NFL is fixed!  Tampa Bay (with a newly unretired Brady) is playing who? 😡

EDIT: Forgot that 'Brady talking to LV Raiders re: ownership' thread!  Brady unretires and becomes a Raider, LV wins SB! 😡😡🙄

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Told you the NFL is fixed!  Tampa Bay (with a newly unretired Brady) is playing who? 😡

EDIT: Forgot that 'Brady talking to LV Raiders re: ownership' thread!  Brady unretires and becomes a Raider, LV wins SB! 😡😡🙄

I have a different theory on how it’s rigged if it’s rigged and what buys favor. The good news is the bills just broke ground. 

8 hours ago, 97bills said:

Just wait until they make the Super Bowl paper view, 59$ 

I can do that all day, every day...but the Frito Lay Cheetos just got converted to Utz brand.

No reflection on the fine people and products at Utz.  Anything to get an ersatz Ertz Utz reference in...🤔🤨

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I’ve been paying full freight for Sunday Ticket forever. It’s not just the money to me. I get free Peacock now to watch Dan Patrick in the morning. They keep trying to get me to sign up and pay for more. It’s annoying.  Now they want me to do some friggin’ update which is not as simple as it sounds, and I’m just tired of keeping it all up to date. 

I had a good friend who never watched another NFL game after they went on strike. It’s not always about money and the other costs to watch. I’m not ready to turn away yet, but if there is a point where they annoy me by making it hard to watch one Bills game, or a playoff game, they might not just lose me for that game. They may lose me entirely. I can be a stubborn SOB. They need to tread a bit more lightly and gradually, IMO. “Kids” don’t mind this stuff as much as the older folks, and we tend to have more money, so there’s that to consider. 

the other bit is nfl red zone. It’s like a regular football game on 17 espressos. Since the bills are good and have popular players I’d bet they are on a lot. (I watch sometimes when bills are not on always bills when they are on) 

Assume that Peacock will only be necessary for out of market cities. I'd think that the 2 participant cities local networks will bid for the local broadcast as they do for preseason and other streaming games.

Free trial or worse case scenario, pay $5 an cancel - big deal.

My concern is not the current cost but rather how this escalates in coming years once they've gotten smart TVs or firesticks in every house and we become slaves to these viewing habits.

Will we start to get gauged for a single-month of service to incentivize us to get 3, 4, or 5 month bundles? I can see that happening.

Will the $72/month YoutubeTV fee inch it's way towards $140/month once they wrangle a few million subscribers more than they have now? Count on it.

At that point we're almost back to the pre-cut the cord days.

I'm keeping Directv. At least they have actual humans to talk and negotiate with.  $60/month for a fairly comprehensive package with HBO and Max. 

Luckily, at least 10-13 regular season games are just about guaranteed in this market.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.