Josh Allen (Designated Hitter)

Buffalo716

43 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

We obviously send him there to promote the Bills and the NFL to Southern Ontario.  

In no way is he a Blue Jay fan.  Which is all fine.

If you ask him I think he’d tell you he’s a Giants fan - probably likes the Yankees because he’s a Judge fan.   

I would agree with you besides that the bills probably did not send him there

Josh is there cause he wanted to be there

and it’s promotion

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I think about 15% of home game attendance/ST holders are from across the border.  They love the tailgate scene as much as we do and they pretty much rejected the Bills in Toronto series because they would rather spend their money to attend games here.  Overpriced tickets without a decent party involved was a hard sell.  That's why a big part of the rooting interest was in whomever the Bills played there.  At least that is how I remember Canadian fans explaining it in a thread here at TBD from years ago.

If they put a d0me in Buffalo they would have the same thing.  Now they get only overpriced.

47 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Pretty sure his work ethic didn’t drop off a cliff lol 

it’s called enjoying life 

Sanders was playing professional baseball for the Yankees and NFL football lol

probably didn’t catch Bruce’s sarcasm there did ya?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BadboyBills said:

I don't get it either. My next door neighbour (Burlington, ON) is a Dolphins fan, 2 years on and we don't speak. Tried to say hi shortly after he moved in (August 2021) and the guy straight ghosted me. Ok cool. He found out last season Im a Bills fan and now he trolls me by cheering loudly against us in any game where Dolphins aren't playing. Grown azz man, acts like a 12 year old with an obnoxious annoying laugh to boot. Would've been fun to have a rival next door, talk ball and trash but the dude would probably breakdown if I dissed Tua. Oh well, Im gonna have fun with him this season.

My Wife and I are both first responders. In our interactions with the general public we have come to conclusion that the pandemic has tuned a lot of people into perpetual children. Your neighbour sounds like one of these children. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

I wish Josh would hit more singles  

Didn't have the personnel for it last year.    He started off looking like a stronger armed Tom Brady getting the ball out rapidly against the Rams and in subsequent weeks he tried to feed his only slot option Lil' Dummy relentlessly.........but that lead to the defeat in Miami and nearly losing in KC despite being dominant other than Lil' Dummie's bumbling mistakes.   Beane just dropped the ball wrt receiving weapons.   Hopefully we see a big change there.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Didn't have the personnel for it last year.    He started off looking like a stronger armed Tom Brady getting the ball out rapidly against the Rams and in subsequent weeks he tried to feed his only slot option Lil' Dummy relentlessly.........but that lead to the defeat in Miami and nearly losing in KC despite being dominant other than Lil' Dummie's bumbling mistakes.   Beane just dropped the ball wrt receiving weapons.   Hopefully we see a big change there.

Don’t think that fully explains it.   We spent all offseason acquiring multiple pass catching backs only to never throw to them.   Also paid a TE and underutilized him.

Saw this, pretty awesome...although good to keep some perspective.  While he did hit 4 homers, it wasn't exactly a hitting clinic...but still the kid hadn't swung the baseball bat in 8 years, so impressive none the less.  He did however bomb one of those homers 489 feet, longer than Judge's homer later in that game ha.  

Dude is just a stud.  

Back in the "wrong Josh" era from draft through his rookie season...this is one of things I kept hammering home to that hysterical crowd...Josh did NOT focus on football in high school, he was a multi-sport athlete in tiny town in the middle of nowhwere.  It is why he didn't have recruitment options and wound up a JUCO before going to Wyoming.  And because of this, Josh had never really been exposed to high level coaching, he was succeeding on the core of just his raw talent and ability.  Then I would point out to the substantial amount of improvement between his last game at Wyoming and the combine just from the short time working with Palmer.  That would be further seen through out his rookie year where he took major strides back side of the season after coming back from injury.  

The kid is just a pure athlete and competitor.  Wouldn't trade him for anyone, he will be HOF player by the time his career is done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Draconator said:

He would bat in the 3 spot on the A's. 

Until people start throwing curve balls and sliders instead of 80 mph down the middle "fastballs"

Edited by Big Turk

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Saw this, pretty awesome...although good to keep some perspective.  While he did hit 4 homers, it wasn't exactly a hitting clinic...but still the kid hadn't swung the baseball bat in 8 years, so impressive none the less.  He did however bomb one of those homers 489 feet, longer than Judge's homer later in that game ha.  

Dude is just a stud.  

Back in the "wrong Josh" era from draft through his rookie season...this is one of things I kept hammering home to that hysterical crowd...Josh did NOT focus on football in high school, he was a multi-sport athlete in tiny town in the middle of nowhwere.  It is why he didn't have recruitment options and wound up a JUCO before going to Wyoming.  And because of this, Josh had never really been exposed to high level coaching, he was succeeding on the core of just his raw talent and ability.  Then I would point out to the substantial amount of improvement between his last game at Wyoming and the combine just from the short time working with Palmer.  That would be further seen through out his rookie year where he took major strides back side of the season after coming back from injury.  

The kid is just a pure athlete and competitor.  Wouldn't trade him for anyone, he will be HOF player by the time his career is done.

He’s one of the most talented players I’ve ever seen 

and I’ve seen a lot of greats in HS and college and the pros 

his growth and maturation as an athlete is documentary worthy 

And On your point about multi sports and all that stuff

Him being quarterback Mecca California…. It shouldn’t have hurt him because of how much exposure there is now 

But because he didn’t grow up going to all the California quarterback camps … and elite 11 … They literally didn’t want to look at him 

But if he was at Canisius high school in Buffalo he would’ve been a high major 3* guy … because They would’ve had his tape out to every school from the University of Buffalo to Pittsburgh and Penn State Syracuse and Temple 

But because there’s 20 division one quarterbacks in California he gets over looked

He would’ve been a hot commodity if he played in Buffalo… even at the HS level … Because The coaches here do everything to move the kid on

California is a cutthroat circuit

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.