Go Woke. Go Broke.

26 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You hoping some people lose their jobs at target? Acceptable collateral damage of your political primal scream? 

how many stores around the country in those democrat cities are closing due to constant theft?  i would love to hear your opinion on that. what about those jobs? now you have this. perhaps it's time you look inward and realize what you're doing is not working. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You hoping some people lose their jobs at target? Acceptable collateral damage of your political primal scream? 

One would have hoped that corporate leadership had more concern for their employees and stockholders before alienating their customers. Free market I guess. You support free enterprise, right?

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

You might suggest it, but you'd be wrong.  I toss around the commie label at those proven to be either an actual commie or one who supports them. It's a pejorative that they fully deserve via their stated positions on this forum.

Again I understand your wish to try to have reasonable discussions with unreasonable people. I think it's absolutely pointless, but you have to do you.

Might I suggest at minimum that you please not quote those who you know many here do not wish to engage with on any level?  Simply tag them in your responses if it's not clear that you're addressing them. If more people did that then I promise you the commie references would dwindle as I'd be seeing far less posts from commies. 

What is your definition of the word "commie"?

13 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Actual avowed communists who have been at work for decades right here in the US to undermine our government, media and institutions from the inside.

Also the useful idiots who assist them, blissfully unaware, which at this point is nearly the entire democratic party and half the GOP. 

If you haven't seen this interview of  KGB defector Yuri Bezmenov who describes ideological subversion, in the 80s, I encourage you to do so. There's no denying that we are well down this road already, for those who aren't already brainwashed at least.

This also speaks to the conversation @SoCal Deek and I were having yesterday.

Bezmenov described this process as “a great brainwashing” that has four basic stages. The first stage is called “demoralization” which takes from 15 to 20 years to achieve. According to the  “A person who was demoralized is unable to assess true information. The facts tell nothing to him. Even if I shower him with information, with authentic proof, with documents, with pictures; even if I take him by force to the Soviet Union and show him [a] concentration camp, he will refuse to believe it, until he [receives] a kick in his fan-bottom. When a military boot crashes his balls then he will understand. But not before that. That’s the [tragedy] of the situation of demoralization.”

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Supports

Abolition of private property

Heavy progressive income tax

Abolition of rights of inheritance

Confiscation of property rights

Central bank

Government ownership of communication and transportation

Government ownership of factories and agriculture

Government control of labor

Corporate farms and regional planning

Government control of education

The Left is attacking us with its most bizarre culture war yet, the “trans” fad that threatens the mental and physical health of our children and young people.

So we have no choice but to fight back.

To start with, let’s fight back against Target. Target’s sins go far beyond its “Pride” collection. Most attention has focused on the clothing line that included expanded-crotch “women’s” swimsuits and partnership with a Satanist designer. But even worse, in my opinion, is that Target stocks books aimed at children as young as two that promote homosexuality.

Nor is that all: Target funds an organization, GLSEN, that urges schools to encourage sex changes in children without notifying their parents:

{snip}

If a child thinks that he or she has changed, or is changing, his or gender, there are two possibilities:

1) the child is suffering from a severe mental or emotional disorder, or

2) the child is being groomed. In either case, the child’s parents obviously need to be informed and involved.

Target has donated more than $2 million to GLSEN. You might think that the company would re-examine its commitment to what is effectively a groomer organization, but no:

“GLSEN leads the movement in creating affirming… and anti-racist spaces for LGBTQIA+ students. We are proud of 10+ years of collaboration with GLSEN and continue to support their mission,” Target said. The retail giant provides annual donations to GLSEN.

So: don’t shop at Target.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/05/boycott-target.php

• Agree 1

These people think everyone is so dumb..

”Oh, are you mad about us honoring some drag queens that use the cross as a stripper pole for Pride?…. Here’s a faith and family night!!.. Please don’t boycott us.”

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Wherefore woke corporations?

The right has a saying: “Get woke, go broke.” It’s not always true, but it does seem as though it is sometimes the case that taking a woke leftist stance hurts the bottom line. Just ask Budweiser or Disney. And yet it’s seemingly done all the time.

It certainly didn’t used to be that way – that is, companies were far more rigorous in enforcing a “no-politics or alignment with causes” stance (see this). What changed? On the surface, it would seem to make no sense, but there are a host of reasons for it that probably would take a book to explain (and there may be a book someone has already written, and that someone isn’t me).

In 2015, Ashe Schow, then with the Washington Examiner wrote, “With all the attention being paid to college-aged social justice warriors and microagressions, one has to ask: What happens when all these delicate snowflakes enter the workforce?”

Target, Bud, Disney, and the L.A. Dodgers are finding out good and hard — just as the New York Times’ newsroom did in 2020.

https://www.thenewneo.com/2023/05/26/wherefore-woke-corporations/

https://web.archive.org/web/20201108102258/https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/the-survivor-class-coming-to-a-job-near-you

• Like (+1) 1