Quinnen Williams scrubs Jets from his Twitter page

wppete

18 minutes ago, julian said:

That’s a horrible spot to be in, paying elite money for elite players and no  QB, brutal

that is definitely a horrible spot to be in…..if they didn’t win a Lombardi and can’t get a decent QB when AR steps away.  But right now, they have something to get excited about.  That’s all you can ask for as a fan and a team.  To have a chance to win a Super Bowl.  The Jets definitely have that imo.  1, maybe 2 or 3 shots. Nfl is not for long-  you can’t just plan long term.  Especially if you don’t have a QB.  They didn’t have a QB and they didn’t have a chance to win a Super Bowl.  Now they have both.  At the expense of salary cap and/or draft picks.  Per usual.  

they have some elite type players on rookie deals-  they made a smart play imo.  He was the only QB that changed teams that would’ve made them a SB contender imo.  Carr, nah. Slimmy G, hell nah.  Mariota, stidham, Dalton?  No.  

2 hours ago, Malazan said:

Are the players the ones who do it or does it come from their agent?

Seems like a cheap way to get a news story written and generate a bunch of buzz to put pressure on the team to get the deal done. 

It’s a childish thing to do, and has zero effect on negotiations, it’s an example of first world one percenters having a tantrum, absolutely pathetic on its best day. 

I could be in the minority but I am not expecting Rodgers to be that great this year for the Jets. I think the honeymoon wears off quickly, starting with getting badly beaten in their season opening primetime home game vs the Bills. 

Their reconstructed oline will need to gel quickly. They were terrible last year and I dont expect them to be very good starting the season.

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Being honest, I totally read this as some crazy political thing! 😞 9/11 is also my birthday.

and social media might be the dumbest thing ever. Players do this because they are mad, then they get paid, and talk about how they never wanted to leave. He will be out there. Such much desperate attention seeking. 

Are you trade Ed Oliver guy in every thread?

That's a rough B-day.  Were you already an adult in 2001?  Or did you deal with that b-day as a kid?

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

that is definitely a horrible spot to be in…..if they didn’t win a Lombardi and can’t get a decent QB when AR steps away.  But right now, they have something to get excited about.  That’s all you can ask for as a fan and a team.  To have a chance to win a Super Bowl.  The Jets definitely have that imo.  1, maybe 2 or 3 shots. Nfl is not for long-  you can’t just plan long term.  Especially if you don’t have a QB.  They didn’t have a QB and they didn’t have a chance to win a Super Bowl.  Now they have both.  At the expense of salary cap and/or draft picks.  Per usual.  

they have some elite type players on rookie deals-  they made a smart play imo.  He was the only QB that changed teams that would’ve made them a SB contender imo.  Carr, nah. Slimmy G, hell nah.  Mariota, stidham, Dalton?  No.  

Rodgers was on some good GB teams in recent years and couldn't get it done in the NFCCG.  I doubt he'll find the AFC much easier.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Rodgers was on some good GB teams in recent years and couldn't get it done in the NFCCG.  I doubt he'll find the AFC much easier.

He was on some decent teams.  Comparing talent, I this this Jets team is just as talented. 

The guy has won a Super Bowl.  He’s arguably one of the greatest QBs of all time.  He beat out allen for MVP 2 of the last 3 years. Sure, he’s declining, but who else were they going to get?  They needed a QB and they got the best one available. 

Not sure why anyone would frown on what they did. 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

It’s a childish thing to do, and has zero effect on negotiations, it’s an example of first world one percenters having a tantrum, absolutely pathetic on its best day. 

unlike this forum, the paragon of grown men not having meltdowns online on a daily basis. 

Edited by Malazan
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

He was on some decent teams.  Comparing talent, I this this Jets team is just as talented. 

The guy has won a Super Bowl.  He’s arguably one of the greatest QBs of all time.  He beat out allen for MVP 2 of the last 3 years. Sure, he’s declining, but who else were they going to get?  They needed a QB and they got the best one available. 

Not sure why anyone would frown on what they did. 

I agree they got the best one available.  But it's only a success if they won the SB.  Time will tell on this one regardless of how it looks right now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

I mean I’d argue that our politicians are even more pathetic with this crap. 

22 minutes ago, Malazan said:

unlike this forum, the paragon of grown men not having meltdowns online on a daily basis. 

We live in a world where 24 year old athletes are held to higher standards than 40 year old men 😂 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

I agree they got the best one available.  But it's only a success if they won the SB.  Time will tell on this one regardless of how it looks right now.

Obviously.  Same goes for every team in the league.  

Being an afc team with a very good roster is useless when you don’t have a qb.  They were one qb away from being a SB contender and got the only one that would accomplish that.  The way I see it, drafting and developing a rookie qb, considering how poor this qb class was, likely would’ve ended up in drafting a QB not SB worthy for at least 2-3 years….and likely never worthy imo.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Obviously.  Same goes for every team in the league.  

Being an afc team with a very good roster is useless when you don’t have a qb.  They were one qb away from being a SB contender and got the only one that would accomplish that.  The way I see it, drafting and developing a rookie qb, considering how poor this qb class was, likely would’ve ended up in drafting a QB not SB worthy for at least 2-3 years….and likely never worthy imo.  

This was ostensibly their best option since the draft was poor at QB and they weren't in position to get any of the top prospects anyway.  But Rodgers is coming off his worst season statistically in 10 years.  Sign of decline or one-off?  We'll see.

7 hours ago, wppete said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/15/quinnen-williams-scrubs-jets-from-his-twitter-page/

Social media has become a tool for sending messages. And Jets defensive tackle Quinnen Williams has sent a pointed one to his current team.

Williams has removed any reference to the Jets from his Twitter page. After the title “Defensive Tackle for,” there is now a stream of periods.

The move comes at a time when Williams is boycotting voluntary offseason workouts as he tries to get a new deal. Recent reports have suggested that a major gap remains between the parties’ positions.

The defensive tackle market currently has Aaron Donald of the Rams far and away above the others, at $31.667 million annually. More than $8 million per year below Donald is Titans defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons, at $23.5 million. Commanders defensive tackle Daron Payne and Giants defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence are next, at $22.5 million.

So where does Williams want to land in the gap between Simmons and Donald? That’s likely the issue between the Jets and Williams. And, currently, Williams is making it clear he’s not happy with where things stand.

Pete:

Not towards you, but him…

As of a team gives a rat’s ars wherher a player follows c, y, z on social media.

mgmt could care less.  He’s an idiot.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

Let him play out this year, let Oliver walk and replace him with Q, who should have been the pick in the first place.  

Huh?  QW was the 3rd overall pick that year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Doc said:

This was ostensibly their best option since the draft was poor at QB and they weren't in position to get any of the top prospects anyway.  But Rodgers is coming off his worst season statistically in 10 years.  Sign of decline or one-off?  We'll see.

Just a year removed from back to back mvps-  even a declining Rodgers can be enough.  I think he’ll be rejuvenated but there’s definitely a chance we see another regression. 

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’m not saying it wasn’t the right move, I’m just saying if it doesn’t result into a deep run and then Rodgers is out the door after this year or next and all those elite rookies are looking for their bag and now you have no QB.

thats a tough spot.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean I’d argue that our politicians are even more pathetic with this crap. 

We live in a world where 24 year old athletes are held to higher standards than 40 year old men 😂 

There is a lot of pathetic to go around, 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.