How Dalton Kincaid did at Bills rookie mini camp

BillsFan619

“‘I thought he did a good job,’ Beane said when asked for a general impression. ‘It’s been a while for him because he had the back deal which eliminated a lot of his spring work, but I thought he did a good job, caught the ball, moved well…He’ll be a sponge and it’ll look easier and easier for him once he gets in with the vets starting next week.’”

Here’s the full article:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bills-rookie-minicamp-heres-dalton-090916108.html

Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Could you imagine I'd Beane said "Well, honestly, he looked horrible. We are questioning why we took him so early"

I mean what do people expect him to say lol

It's Rookie Minicamp, what do you expect him to say.

From this article:

In his debut on a Bills practice field, the team’s first-round pick Dalton Kincaid already showed them some of the skills they thought they were getting when they selected him. Even during individual drills working with tight ends coach Rob Boras, the movement skills were obvious with Kincaid. He showed a smooth transition to change directions when the situation called for it, and his easy speed cuts without wasted steps helped open him up throughout team drills.

But after going through a lot of his college performances, one thing popped up on Friday that we hadn’t seen much of from Kincaid at Utah — a dropped pass. Kincaid was on an in-breaking route during team drills, but a slightly lower throw with moderate defender traffic around him led to a drop. A player will never be perfect, but when the team’s GM describes their top pick as having “elite hands,” it was at least a slight surprise to see on the first day. But to Kincaid’s credit, he cast it aside quickly, and in one of his next reps, he rose up and high-pointed a pass with fully extended arms. That was more reminiscent of the ball skills Kincaid consistently displayed at Utah.

But Friday marked the first bit of organized football Kincaid has participated in since suffering a back injury late in the college football season, so some of his afternoon was an acclimation process.

“First time out, like anything, there’s some things that are rusty and it’s the first time he’s applying things he’s been taught,” Bills GM Brandon Beane said. “So you know, overall good job. He’ll be a sponge and it’ll look easier and easier for him once he gets in with the vets starting next week.”

Once OTAs begin in about a week-and-a-half, tracking Kincaid against better defensive competition than he saw against mostly tryout players on Friday will be intriguing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

My point is that Beane isn't going to say anything meaningful at rookie minicamp.  Why would anyone (not necessarily you) think differently.

Right, then you watch the clips coming out of the practice and you realize he's being genuine.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Just once I'd like to hear a GM answer a reporter's question with something candid like:

"man, I really f****d up drafting that guy!"

"He's way fatter in person"

"Honestly, I just drafted him because he had a cool name"

"We flipped a coin"

"The player we were targeting was gone, so we took *insert player name*"

"We had knowledge of off field issues, we just chose to ignore it and hoped for the best" 

Edited by ddaryl

12 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

"We flipped a coin"

"The player we were targeting was gone, so we took him"

"We had knowledge of off field issues, we just chose to ignore it and hoped for the best" 

“Nobody would trade picks with us so we had to take someone, right?”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Beane; concerning drafties, it really doesn’t matter being that most of them will be out of the league in four years, it’s a total crap shoot, ya just hope three of them can actually play at the pro level…, then Beane picks up his cocktail 🍸 and cigarette 🚬, and walks away from the podium…, 

Now that would be refreshing,

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

then Beane picks up his cocktail 🍸 and cigarette 🚬, and walks away from the podium…, 

Now that would be refreshing,

Dean Martin Drinking GIF

Channeling his inner Dean Martin

Edited by ddaryl
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.