What cars did you ever own?

DrW

(in order, damn that's a lot of vehicles)

1987 Toyota MR2 Turbo

1992 Chevy Camaro RS

1989 Porsche 951 (944 Turbo) - Got this up to over 155 mph... I was a moron doing that too.

1999 Chevy Tahoe 

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2004 Chevy Tahoe

2007 Scion tC - (Went through a divorce, cut back BIG on what I bought and how I paid for it)

2001 Ford Explorer

2012 Chevy Blazer

2019 Cadillac CTS-V

2021 Jeep Cherokee (still own)

2013 Nissan Quest (still own, fiancé drives)

mr2.thumb.jpg.523896553d805e434f95354c56c4b3a7.jpg

951.thumb.jpg.21ef701c75e7fd53f432a1482bb253b6.jpg

RS2.thumb.JPG.a2c1dd5c2ac2444807f7be38bbea4dd2.JPG

On 5/13/2023 at 8:42 PM, f0neguy said:

I owned a bunch of junk as a kid but my first car was a beat up 1966 Triumph TR4a.  God I loved that car.

My late grandfather collected TR's. It's made me one to restore one someday. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/13/2023 at 10:14 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

1972 Dodge Tradesman...

...Down by the river!

1972-Dodge-20170310044518-BIG.jpg

Frankie: "Is this Seinfeld's van? Seinfeld's van? Seinfeld's van?!"
Rhisa: "Wait. What' she saying?"
George: "I think he's saying 'Son of Sam'! Oh, my God!"
Rhisa: "No, they caught him."
George: "I knew it wasn't Berkowitz!"

george.thumb.JPG.0a88f0c7786ef2b447bd3d217cb810dc.JPG

12 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I've rented minivans a number of times and have nothing but good things to say about them, they are effin great. And yet I have no interest in owning one. Probably a stupid stigma of how I'd be perceived if that was my ride,

I felt the same way... would never own one. That was until the transmission in my fiancé's RAV4 died. With 3 kids and both of us, we drove a Nissan Quest with under 50,000 miles and it's GREAT. Fast AF for a freaking minivan and a TON of room. 

• Like (+1) 1

1984 Chrysler LeBaron.   (1992 graduation present)   aka   The LuvBaron.   :) 

1982 Chevy S-10  (Drum hauler) 

1991 Mustang GT  (black/black)

1997 Dodge Dakota Sport (1st new car) 

2001 Mustang Bullitt Edition (summer car) 

2006 Nissan X-Terra  (and Bullitt)

2010 Ford Edge 

2012 Mazda 3  (sold Bullitt) 

2013 Ford Edge ( I like them lol) 

2018 Nissan Rouge  

2007 Mazda Speed3

1999 Chevy S-10 Longbed (RIP Gramps)

2015 Chevy Impala (Mazda got rear ended by a texter at a stoplight and subsequently totaled out 😡)

2022 Chevy Tahoe (family man)

5 minutes ago, LeviF said:

2007 Mazda Speed3

1999 Chevy S-10 Longbed (RIP Gramps)

2015 Chevy Impala (Mazda got rear ended by a texter at a stoplight and subsequently totaled out 😡)

2022 Chevy Tahoe (family man)

I wanted the Speed3 but the insurance was crazy expensive!!   Got the regular 3 with the 2.5L.  Still pretty quick.   

2 minutes ago, Toomstone.Part.Duex said:

I wanted the Speed3 but the insurance was crazy expensive!!   Got the regular 3 with the 2.5L.  Still pretty quick.   

Weird. I got quotes for a few cars and don't remember the Speed3 being high compared to the others. But I was a teenager so my dad was going to be on the insurance to control my cost and he'd been a customer for like 40 years lol.

5 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Weird. I got quotes for a few cars and don't remember the Speed3 being high compared to the others. But I was a teenager so my dad was going to be on the insurance to control my cost and he'd been a customer for like 40 years lol.

The STI was even cheaper than the Speed3.    But at the time they didn't have the hatch and I needed something to haul drums around.   

1 minute ago, Toomstone.Part.Duex said:

The STI was even cheaper than the Speed3.    But at the time they didn't have the hatch and I needed something to haul drums around.   

Should have seen the salesman's face when I asked if it could fit a drum set 😂

• Haha (+1) 3

1969 VW Beetle

1976 Firebird

1978  Ford Fairmont (hated by  Mrs. Lew)

1982  Buick Century

1986  Ford Aerostar  (2 kids )

1991  Toyota Camry  (stick shift)

????  Saturn L200

2009  Chevy Impala

2018  Subaru Outback

Is  Abc123  a strong password?

• Haha (+1) 1

I may be older than many of you -- I don't have the time (or sometimes the memory) to list all the cars that I have owned. However, my favorite car was my first - which was a 1966 Plymouth Valiant with a push button transmission. How I loved that car. Fun to drive & it had a roomy backseat area - which often came in handy in my teenage years. Those were the days .... 😊 

• Agree 1

Too many to list but here are the interesting ones:

78 Ford LTD 1st car owned, green 2 door, 351W Beat the hell out of it. Lasted a few years, a true boat. 

84 Dodge Daytona, non-turbo 😪 Would to get a hold of one now in good shape and a turbo.

90 Mustang LX 5.0 5 manual, top 5 car for me. So fun to drive. 3.08 gears from the factory

87 Buick Grand National, very quick but very moody. Should have kept this one as values are through the roof.

99 Corvette Silver Auto. Had this for about 14 years. Top 5 for me.

2015 Hemi Challenger Manual, heavy as crap but still a blast to drive

2021 Challenger ScatPack auto as no human can shift faster than the computer. Top 5.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

I may be older than many of you -- I don't have the time (or sometimes the memory) to list all the cars that I have owned. However, my favorite car was my first - which was a 1966 Plymouth Valiant with a push button transmission. How I loved that car. Fun to drive & it had a roomy backseat area - which often came in handy in my teenage years. Those were the days .... 😊 

Same... But this thread did get me to start a note file and build a chronological list of the vehicles I have owned, still own... BUT probably won't share them publicly... LoL... Too eclectic to be released into the wild. 😆 Right now up to 14 different vehicles over the last 40 years. That's about a vehicle every 3 years, right?  The "American Dream?"

"...The percentage you're paying is too high priced
While you're living beyond all your means
And the man in the suit has just bought a new car..."

30 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

Too many to list but here are the interesting ones:

78 Ford LTD 1st car owned, green 2 door, 351W Beat the hell out of it. Lasted a few years, a true boat. 

84 Dodge Daytona, non-turbo 😪 Would to get a hold of one now in good shape and a turbo.

90 Mustang LX 5.0 5 manual, top 5 car for me. So fun to drive. 3.08 gears from the factory

87 Buick Grand National, very quick but very moody. Should have kept this one as values are through the roof.

99 Corvette Silver Auto. Had this for about 14 years. Top 5 for me.

2015 Hemi Challenger Manual, heavy as crap but still a blast to drive

2021 Challenger ScatPack auto as no human can shift faster than the computer. Top 5.

Whoa!  Nice list!   Love Grand Nationals!  I see one out in the wild locally sometimes.   Loved my 91 GT also.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Turbos did not come out until the second generation (MK2).  Do you mean supercharger?  

They were supercharged. My friend had an 88 , fun little car.  His brother a had a Supra Turbo. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/14/2023 at 2:16 AM, WhoTom said:

1976 Cutlass Supreme

1984 Dodge Diplomat

1991 Plymouth Voyager

1994 Ford Ranger

1997 Plymouth Voyager

2001 Saturn SL2

2004 Saturn Vue

2009 Toyota Corolla

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan

I had a Cutlass Supreme maybe a year or two ahead of yours. That thing could FLY! Or maybe it was just because it could get up a hill and that seemed super cool after having a Chevette for my first car?    🤷‍♂️ 

I don’t know how you guys remember the year of the car. I’m lucky if I can remember the car and the color! Not really into cars as long as it’s comfortable and reliable. I’m still driving a 2014 Toyota Avalon with about 105k miles. Nice ride, and I hope I double that mileage at least despite the wife suggesting I get a replacement. 

On 5/14/2023 at 5:14 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

1972 Dodge Tradesman...

...Down by the river!

1972-Dodge-20170310044518-BIG.jpg

Does @HOUSE live with you? Have you seen his wallet? 

30 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Turbos did not come out until the second generation (MK2).  Do you mean supercharger?  

You may be correct, but please don’t be upset if I mention, and I think I can speak for most hear, that you sir, are no Marisa Tomei. But then, who is?  

• Haha (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Yes! Was thinking about the 944. It might have been the 1988 model? It was my first car, I bought it from my parents (had to save money for 3 years working).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.