Tom Brady in "deep discussions" to become limited partner with LV Raiders

Big Turk

23 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I read something last year that after firing gruden and having to pay him along with some other details that Davis actually couldn’t fire McDaniels if he wanted to cause the franchise didn’t have enough actual free money on hand to pay both coaches.  I never verified but when Vegas was at their worst last year and fans wanted the coach fired that article popped up. Of course it was just on social media so it could be total bologna 

They were #7 in total revenue last year.  After 1 year (2022) in their new stadium, they were #1 in ticket revenue.  2023 data not available yet.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Tom the walking character flaw Brady  an absolute sphincter. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Maybe he can pledge his FTX stock to Mark Davis in exchange for a stake in the franchise.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/06/technology/tom-brady-crypto-ftx.html

As part of an endorsement agreement Mr. Brady signed in 2021, FTX had paid him $30 million, a deal that consisted almost entirely of FTX stock, three people with knowledge of the contract said. Mr. Brady’s wife at the time, the supermodel Gisele Bündchen, was paid $18 million in FTX stock, one of the people said.

Now FTX is bankrupt, and Mr. Bankman-Fried is facing criminal fraud charges. Mr. Brady, 45, and Ms. Bündchen, 42, have been sued by a group of FTX customers seeking compensation from the celebrities who endorsed the exchange. On top of it all, the terms of the deal would have required the former couple, who divorced last year, to pay taxes on at least some of their now worthless FTX stock, two people familiar with the endorsement deal said.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, without a drought said:

Connect the dots, it's right in front of you.

I have no doubt the reports are true. I was referencing a guy on this board who inspired much mirth by talking about the "high level meetings" he had to attend. It was a thing here for a while.

I have no idea what they are planning here, but if Tom is going to end up as a suit in a luxury box at all the Raiders games helping to work with the team behind closed doors, and if that keeps him off our TV screens discussing football, that's PERFECT.

Edited by Nextmanup

3 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

I have no doubt the reports are true. I was referencing a guy on this board who inspired much mirth by talking about the "high level meetings" he had to attend. It was a thing here for a while.

So was the "connect the dots" reference.

You got to wonder who is Dunkirk Don these days?  Or he may just not have time for us.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, without a drought said:

So was the "connect the dots" reference.

You got to wonder who is Dunkirk Don these days?  Or he may just not have time for us.

I don't think he hayd time for us these days. You know... with all those meeting and all 🙄

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.