Dalvin Cook to be cut?

BeastMode54

Dalvin Cook is on a big contract that the Bills likely couldn't afford cap-wise and call me crazy but I actually like what the team has at RB. James Cook is coming of a solid rookie season, Stevenson is a bruising power back who makes for a quality RB2 and Hines is a really solid gadget player. The team also has some vet depth/insurance with Murray on the roster. 

If the Bills are going to make an "All in" type move to add one more piece to the roster I would rather go after a RT/WR to solidify the offense or a defensive piece like a MLB or pass rusher to reinforce the defense. 

What's the quote about too many Cooks in the running back room?

We have speed and hands, and we have bruisers. We have both youth and experience.

And none of them are commanding big bucks. No way will Dalvin be a Bill.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BeastMode54 said:

and the Vikings will part ways. Thinks they would have traded him before the draft. If he's cut, would Beane look to add him? Or go with what we have?

I don't understand why he would pay the kind of money Cook would want especially with all the talent he has already brought in wouldn't make a lot of sense i don't think . 

12 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Dalvin Cook is on a big contract that the Bills likely couldn't afford cap-wise and call me crazy but I actually like what the team has at RB. James Cook is coming of a solid rookie season, Stevenson Harris is a bruising power back who makes for a quality RB2 and Hines is a really solid gadget player. The team also has some vet depth/insurance with Murray on the roster. 

If the Bills are going to make an "All in" type move to add one more piece to the roster I would rather go after a RT/WR to solidify the offense or a defensive piece like a MLB or pass rusher to reinforce the defense. 

Fixed it for you. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm not a huge fan of the guy personally. I know he had that big run against us, but I see him as overrated

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Maybe before we renegotiated Nyheim Hines deal and gave him millions up front to keep him. Maybe before we signed Damien Harris. Maybe before we signed Latavius Murray.

Now? No way. We're set at RB and Cook is going to command money we don't have.

Yes. Would much rather get creative with the $ for OT and DE 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I don't always post incomplete thread titles, but when I do.....

You got at least one click out of me.  Well done you

My favorite post of the week...hahah kudos sir, well played I literally LOL'd

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BeastMode54 said:

and the Vikings will part ways. Thinks they would have traded him before the draft. If he's cut, would Beane look to add him? Or go with what we have?

Nah I think they have an over abundance of backs already so I don’t see them being in on DC. It would be cool to have both Cooks though.

I don’t see why Miami would be out on Dalvin Cook if he’s cut.  They have always hurt Mostert making 3M, always hurt fumble monster Wilson making 3M, achane + gaskin making 0 guaranteed money.  He can be cut at no charge. 

both Wilson and Mostert can be cut after this year. 

They may not be RB hungry, but if he wants to play in his home town and will take a 1 year cheap deal to play for a contender, I doubt they say no.  He MUCH better than all of those guys.  Doesn’t matter if some want to say he’s washed.  He’s still a dam good RB when healthy.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Let miami have all the RBs

ALLLL the RBs

the more touches that go to RBs, the fewer go to those WRs

Tend to agree but Dalvin Cook is a legit weapon, caught a ton of checkdowns from the white Dak Prescott in Minny too

He arguably won that game for them vs us last year, I don't want him in the division at all

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.