Bills at jets monday opener ESPN/ABC on week 1

djp14150

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I never gave a crap about primetime games.

I feel like you're probably in the minority but perhaps not.  Even as a kid, I dreamed of the days the Bills would be good enough to be on Monday Night Football.

Regardless, everyone has their routine and I understand that.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

Couldn’t be better to have this tough away game as game 1 before rodgers has game reps with his new receivers.  

Bills could put Arthur Moats on PS, activate him for game and have him knock Aaron Rodgers out of game like he did Brett Farve,

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

My Dude, the hype level for Jets fans with Rodgers is going to be thru the roof...as will the ticket prices be.

Yep, that and the Jets home-opener, on 9/11, and MNF in the NYC metro area.  

Oh well.  LOL  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Limeaid said:

Bills could put Arthur Moats on PS, activate him for game and have him knock Aaron Rodgers out of game like he did Brett Farve,

Where's Mo Lewis when you really need him.  

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I think this is good.  Rodgers has had a great career, but even he will be nervous in his first game in Jets green.  Add that to a raucous atmosphere and high expectations...I like catching him in his first NYJ game.  Also, the Bills are an excellent road team under this regime.  It will be a tough game but the Bills will show up here.

Should be interesting, the Jets' pass D is right up there with the best and they held us to 20 and 17 points last season.  If Rodgers' offense there is anything we could be in trouble.  

It'll be a good gauge game for us.  

The more I think about it the more I really really like it.
The Bills literally will have had 9 months to stew over that Bengals loss. 
Every single pundit on the planet will pick the Jets giving the Bills tons of bulletin board material. 
All the pressure is on the Jets to live up to expectations.

Bills are really playing with house money and can play loose knowing everyone is expecting them to get a beat down and are considered has-beens. 
In other words the Bills are going to depants them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The more I think about it the more I really really like it.
The Bills literally will have had 9 months to stew over that Bengals loss. 
Every single pundit on the planet will pick the Jets giving the Bills tons of bulletin board material. 
All the pressure is on the Jets to live up to expectations.

Bills are really playing with house money and can play loose knowing everyone is expecting them to get a beat down and are considered has-beens. 
In other words the Bills are going to depants them.

We need the MCD D to be the opposite of the Frazier freeze D and  lay the wood on the Jets for 60 minutes

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, eball said:

I feel like you're probably in the minority but perhaps not.  Even as a kid, I dreamed of the days the Bills would be good enough to be on Monday Night Football.

We may be of the same era. I was there when MNF first came to town for the Bills vs KC. It was a rainy pregame, but all of WNY felt they had finally made the big time! (BTW....we all wore our rain gear, sat outside, and nobody complained. It was a glorious night!)

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We may be of the same era. I was there when MNF first came to town for the Bills vs KC. It was a rainy pregame, but all of WNY felt they had finally made the big time! (BTW....we all wore our rain gear, sat outside, and nobody complained. It was a glorious night!)

I remember but because I was near the bottom in seniority in the family...Dad and 2 oldest went. had to listen on radio

11 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah, I think it has to do with the morning routine.  I wake up Sunday mornings on the west coast around 4-5am and it’s ON!  Only have to wait a few hours.  Go for run.  Drink my coffee. My drive to the backers bar is quite refreshing.  Windows and sunroof open, refreshing cool air, music getting me fired up. Joining the boys 2-3 hours before kickoff. 

I want my Bills football asap.  It’s 2023, people want thing now.  Waiting is for the birds 😂 mnf, especially opening weekend is for the birds. The only benefit of playing on Monday night is that you get an extra

days rest….. but after an entire offseason, that’s the last thing we need.  And then we get to play a team with an extra day off in week.  I don’t see anything redeeming about playing on the road mnf week 1.  It’s the worst slot of the season imo 

I can’t even get into this game, worrying about what “Big Star Josh” will be wearing walking into the stadium.  Probably pink farmer bib overalls with his hair rainbow colored. 

Edited by WotAGuy

Monday night opener is not my first choice for sure but come on guys..

There is a lot more worthy things to complain about... 

Like..

Not getting D'Hop..

Sorry I had to :D 

and no... I do not want D'Hop now lol

lighten up folks... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.