Bills at jets monday opener ESPN/ABC on week 1

djp14150

The Bills wandered in the NFL desert for almost twenty years. Oh how the faithful have forgotten. Nobody cared and nobody around the country wanted to watch them…except maybe for a good chuckle. During those two decades Bills fans routinely complained about the lack of prime time exposure. Enjoy it while it’s here! It will NOT last forever. 
Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, eball said:

We waited for two decades to have a relevant franchise, and now that they are "must see TV" and play in prime time those same fans cry about the games not being on Sunday at 1 pm.

This **** place never ceases to amaze me.

Are the games past your bedtime?  You don't like being the only show in town?

This is a friggin' GREAT opener and I can't wait.

Maybe some of us just prefer Sunday football at 1? Lol.

Love that the Bills are a great relevant franchise and I understand the more relevant we are, the more prime time we get.

But I do prefer watching football at 1 in my personal opinion.

Is that ok with you sir? Haha

• Awesome! (+1) 1

What kind of blows is that there are 8 NFL weeks between September and October. That’s the window for prime weather for fans attending games in Orchard Park. But, it’s likely or known that 3 of those weeks will be in NJ, London, and a bye. 
I’m betting that there won’t be more than 3 home games in OP before the cold winds of November hit WNY.

just like last years. It would be nice if the Bills could get 5 games at home during that stretch. 

I don’t buy the belief of cold weather advantage too much. We barely scraped by the Dolphins at home. Same with the Shady McCoy game in 2 feet of snow a few years ago against a dome team. Nearly lost that one. The Patriots beat us at home in cold and wind conditions. 
My one wish is that the Miami game is a late start or night game or at least late in the season.  
That disadvantage created with direct sun in tropical conditions is dangerous. Sadly, it’ll take another Hamlin-like situation before the NFL addresses the health risks.  

1 minute ago, SoMAn said:

What kind of blows is that there are 8 NFL weeks between September and October. That’s the window for prime weather for fans attending games in Orchard Park. But, it’s likely or known that 3 of those weeks will be in NJ, London, and a bye. 
I’m betting that there won’t be more than 3 home games in OP before the cold winds of November hit WNY.

just like last years. It would be nice if the Bills could get 5 games at home during that stretch. 

I don’t buy the belief of cold weather advantage too much. We barely scraped by the Dolphins at home. Same with the Shady McCoy game in 2 feet of snow a few years ago against a dome team. Nearly lost that one. The Patriots beat us at home in cold and wind conditions. 
My one wish is that the Miami game is a late start or night game or at least late in the season.  
That disadvantage created with direct sun in tropical conditions is dangerous. Sadly, it’ll take another Hamlin-like situation before the NFL addresses the health risks.  

I thought Mike North made some comments hinting at more home games early for the Bills 

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Maybe some of us just prefer Sunday football at 1? Lol.

Love that the Bills are a great relevant franchise and I understand the more relevant we are, the more prime time we get.

But I do prefer watching football at 1 in my personal opinion.

Is that ok with you sir? Haha

LOL of course it's ok.  When the Bills aren't playing Sundays at 1 pm it actually frees me up, though.  If I want to watch football I can (Red Zone, flipping around to different games) but while the weather is nice I can also go golfing without worrying about missing our game.

To each his own.  I love prime time games.

1 hour ago, OZBILLS said:

How the hell can I swing this trip :(

Not sure from what angle you mean, but so much for my thinking that tix might not be too unreasonable for this game.  LOL  

It was one of the road games I was hoping to attend.  

2 minutes ago, eball said:

LOL of course it's ok.  When the Bills aren't playing Sundays at 1 pm it actually frees me up, though.  If I want to watch football I can (Red Zone, flipping around to different games) but while the weather is nice I can also go golfing without worrying about missing our game.

To each his own.  I love prime time games.

Those are fair points buddy 

I'm not a fan of this.  How they will run the offense in NY is a complete mystery.  I would have liked to not play the jets until a month or so into the season so buffalo would have something to study and have an idea of what the Jets are doing on offense. 

I guess the flip side is that they will have limited time together at this point and may have some quirks to work out.  Also its nice to get a difficult road game out of the way early in the year.

20 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

LMAO...actually, it IS past my bedtime, as I have to wake up at 5:30a every morning, but I'll take a late afternoon nap and load up on the caffeine to stay awake til 11:30 p, same thing I did last year about 4-5 times!

I also agree that it *should* be a great opener. This nonsense about Rogers and his receivers not being in sync is just that...nonsense. I have no doubt that the Jets receivers will have no problem catching balls that are "right on the money."  Bills D needs to be TOTALLY different than they showed at the end of last year, or else AR will put up 35+ points on them.

5:30? Amateur

On one hand, as an out-of-towner, more Prime Time games means I dont have to buy any packages or even pirate games. And I do appreciate the Bills getting all the love and respect.

On the other hand, Sunday 1pm is truly prime football time. Dont have to stay up late, not interrupting the week's routine, easier to get to games in-person. And my kid gets to see the games since it isnt past her bedtime like SNF/MNF/TNF.

I prefer them all Sunday 1pm, but I wont complain about being one of the top teams people want to see on the national stage.

Looking forward to crushing the Jets and ending all this offseason hype right away.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

11 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Not sure from what angle you mean, but so much for my thinking that tix might not be too unreasonable for this game.  LOL  

It was one of the road games I was hoping to attend.  

My Dude, the hype level for Jets fans with Rodgers is going to be thru the roof...as will the ticket prices be.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, eball said:

We waited for two decades to have a relevant franchise, and now that they are "must see TV" and play in prime time those same fans cry about the games not being on Sunday at 1 pm.

This **** place never ceases to amaze me.

Are the games past your bedtime?  You don't like being the only show in town?

This is a friggin' GREAT opener and I can't wait.

I never gave a crap about primetime games.  I’ve always preferred the sunday 1pm games more than any other time slot. 

I liked the thought of home primetime games so the home crowd can experience it but i don’t go to but one home game a year.  

I love my Sunday morning routine.  Waiting an extra day and then having a short week the following game is 💩 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I like in that rather see the Jets before Rogers gets settled in the offense etc. 

Tasker was saying this the other day on One Bills Live, that getting them early before they have time to gel could be a good thing.  I just hope we come out like we did last year against the Rams and the Titans...before all the injuries.

1 hour ago, BBMB Poster said:

I love it.  We find out right off the bat, if the balance of power has shifted in the AFC East. 

Actually, we will find out no such thing in game 1 of a 17 game season, but it should be fun.  

I think this is good.  Rodgers has had a great career, but even he will be nervous in his first game in Jets green.  Add that to a raucous atmosphere and high expectations...I like catching him in his first NYJ game.  Also, the Bills are an excellent road team under this regime.  It will be a tough game but the Bills will show up here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.