Bills at jets monday opener ESPN/ABC on week 1

djp14150

Hmm..  Might have to take a flyer on this.  Early September night game means decent temperatures too.   I guess I would have preferred it to be @Dolphins to reduce the heat element of that game.  But the Swamplands are an easy 3 hour drive for me.

27 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

That’s good for the Bills get them early before Rogers has rhythm with the receivers.. 

You miss the days of schedules are 1 PM each week for they were irrelevant except as spoilers?

Even with 6-10 to 9-7 records we had then Bills would still have games not at 1 PM under new "Who cares if attending fans inconvenienced model".

24 minutes ago, Process said:

Yea, having to wait an extra day first game of the season sucks. 

Love the matchup though. 

Agreed. Matchup is great, on road vs tough divisional opponent - schedule is hard overall, so why not start this way.

Don't like MNF, it's 2.30 AM for me and you get to play after everybody else.

But whatever I guess.

28 minutes ago, teef said:

whether the bills win or the jets win, it's far too early to know how the east would shake out.  i like it as the first match up as well, but it won't tell me much one way or the other.

I agree but I hope the Bills are firing the first salvo at what will be the demise of Aaron Rodgers. The first time he doesn't deliver, the NYC media will eat him alive. I don't think he has the personality or thick enough skin to handle that environment and if things go south fast and he and the Jest don't live up to the hyperbole, it will be fun to watch. GO BILLS!!!

Stephen Colbert Popcorn GIF

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I like it.

Bills should have a good idea of what the Jets defense looks like given they haven't changed much (aside from adding a couple pieces).

First Rodgers game with his new team. 

No one will have any idea what to really expect from a McDermott led defense. 

And just like Rodgers is going to want to make a statement.... you know McD, first game as HC/DC, will be looking to make a statement also.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

B. is the largest negative. Jets tickets are usually cheap by late October when the team is dead last.

That’s the pats going forward…

I love that we are opening up against the Jets - tough divisional test against a pre-season media hyped opponent. Don't like it being on Monday night, though. I just hate having to wait that extra day to see the Bills opener. 

Can't wait to hear what Jimmy Spagnola has to say about this ... lol ..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.