Emmanuel Acho’s Top 5 AFC Teams

Kirby Jackson

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What do you mean by “brothers”? 🤔

And it’s crazy that a guy who has a 41-16 career record might have a top 5 afc team with the best receiving core he has ever have and a defense that played really well at the end of the year. Crazy talk!

Brothers like Achoo.  It brings to mind the crazy talk (Keyshawn Johnson in this case) about former MVP Cam Newton can still play in this league in 2021.  

"Best receiving corps".  OBJ is a league WR2 at this point in his career---and that's if he's in top/uninjured form.  Bateman and Duvernay are role players, Agholor is an end of career journeyman and then there's a rookie.  That's some sweet lineup.

Pair this with a QB who hasn't finished a season since 2020 and has thrown a career most 3100 yards 4 years ago.     That's not a top 5 team with the Bills right there.  So yeah, it's totally crazy talk. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

They beat the Bills with Zach Wilson and next time it was a good game until Milano wrecked their QB's ribcage. You don't think they will be better with the QB who won 2 out of the last 3 MVPs? You guys are dreaming

I think they will be better, but it’s going to take 12 wins at least to win the AFCE and I do not think they are 5 games better.  The Bills are better as well.  Rogers  has a great deal to prove.  He looked mediocre last year.  Everyone seems to be assuming he will be revived and back in MVP form with this change and that is no sure thing.  He may well have hit the wall.  Better than Zack Wilson?  Sure. Better than Allen?  No way. (or Mahomes, or Burrow, and quite possibly Lawrence, Jackson, Herbert).  The Jets are clearly the darlings of the national media now, and of self loathing Bills fans everywhere, but I will believe it when I see it.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Like I said, you guys can fool yourself into thinking the Bills will be better than last year, but you're counting on a lot of assumptions.

It takes MUCH more assuming to place the Jets above us. I don't have to assume anything to say the Bills are still the best team in the division - that's what we've been for 3 seasons now, and that's how it remains until a divisional rival actually dethrones us. Us being #1 is the assumed baseline until proven otherwise.

To place the Jets above us, you have to assume a 40 year old QB coming off the worst season of his career, after an offseason where he openly admitted he already had one foot out the door, behind a suspect offensive line, is going to work out. You have to assume Nate Hackett is suddenly going to be able to call a competent offense with an over the hill QB. You have to assume Breece Hall will be the same player. Etc. Etc.

I'm not confident the Bills are the best team in the conference, but until proven otherwise I am very comfortable saying they're the best team in the division.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well I want it to shift more!I bet the jets get more hype during preseason. 

In terms of pure talent, they have a top 5 roster in the nfl. Their GM has done a great job of stacking that roster. And I would kill for that nerd to be running our offense.

Josh Allen on the fins might be the SB favorites. But I agree it’s a huge ? On Tua. But they are a super talented team. It’s not that crazy 

I don't really see Miami as having that great of a roster. They certainly have a good roster, but their O-line is suspect and their depth isn't very good. I also don't like what they have as a coach. He calls good plays but his team despite the strength of the roster only finished 9-8 and most of their 9 wins came against bad opponents. 

To say that Miami with a questionable QB and O-line situation is better than Cincy and the Bills is outright absurd in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

For years it was believed around the league that Andy Reid, while he was a good head coach, didn't have what it took to lead a team to a Super Bowl win.  They don't say that any more.  I don't think the window has closed for Buffalo.  Still, I expected that there would be observers around the country who would pick teams to finish ahead of the Bills that the Bills have owned in recent years.  Thank you, Emmanuel Acho for proving me right.

6 hours ago, Airseven said:

That applies to every fan base. It’s not about clicks…their job is literally content and entertainment. Their value is in simply passing the time and they’re good at it.

How in the world do the Bills get the benefit of the doubt in possibly finishing ahead of the Bengals? There was no comparison between the two teams last season. Bengals were better in every way.

Lol, reading comprehension…

5 hours ago, JohnNord said:

You don’t seem to realize that Emmanuel has been a troll ever since he moved to FS1.  All of there talent is instructed to have ridiculous opinions for attention.  Just ask Shady

Lol, what make you assume that I didn’t know that?!? This is a message board. It was posted for discussion…

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Lol, what make you assume that I didn’t know that?!? This is a message board. It was posted for discussion…

Wait, are people expecting you to apologize for Emmanuel’s clickbait? I skipped ahead. 

It’s a long time until football, so let’s enjoy the summer. We want something to chew on, but the bones are pretty bare. This kind of thing leads to harmless banter for those of us hungry enough. 

I’ll keep this in mind if I catch the guy, but to me it’s a giant whatever….🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am not sure he is wrong.  The Bills had a hard time beating the Dolphins with Skylar Thompson and the Jets with Zach Wilson.   The division is going to be a dog fight this year.

The Bills desperately needed to get better at WR 2 this off-season and they didn't.  They didn't keep up with the AFC arms race at offense and their defense couldn't do enough last year to make a difference.   

Division games are always crazy and unpredictable. The Ravens & their backup Huntley were a dumb fumble away from beating the Bengals. The Dolphins & Jets have spent years building their rosters to defend against the Bills. The Dolphins faced us 3 times this year. I was not at all surprised by that game and knew it wouldn’t be a blowout like 90% of the posters here. They had a nearly perfect gameplan and threw the kitchen sink at us. Still lost ! 

13 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

I must be in the minority, but I find the Ravens to be WAY over rated.  Jackson has not played a full season the last 2 years…  and how the bleep are the Jets and Phins ahead of the Bills? I mean you could make an argument that the Jets are MAYBE a bit better because of their D and Allen and Rogers are pretty equal.  So weird ratings.. 

The OP made me unexpectedly, deliriously happy.  

NOW we have the league just where we want them. The hype last year made me so uncomfortable. I want this year's team to be like the '21 team - sneaking up on everyone, and peaking at the right time.

I hope to see more of these rankings/predictions where the Bills are an afterthought. Bring 'em on.

12 hours ago, NUT said:

He's right that the Bills have peaked. They will need a new HC to go any further.

Whether the board likes this take or not, you may be right.

Also, regarding the Jets - how much better is Aaron Rodgers than Zach Wilson and Mike White?  Exactly!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

Whether the board likes this take or not, you may be right.

Also, regarding the Jets - how much better is Aaron Rodgers than Zach Wilson and Mike White?  Exactly!

I kind of am more worried about Mike White than Aaron Rodgers.  I think Rodgers will have a hard time adapting to the Jets.

14 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

So from a totally unbiased perspective.  Of those 5 who actually got better from last year.  The Jets are the only ones and they weren't in the top 8 of the AFC last year.  I think based on improvement from the end of last year we added Hyde and Miller.  Yes they were on our team but no other team is even close to improving like those two will give us.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.