Emmanuel Acho’s Top 5 AFC Teams

Kirby Jackson

I am not sure he is wrong.  The Bills had a hard time beating the Dolphins with Skylar Thompson and the Jets with Zach Wilson.   The division is going to be a dog fight this year.

The Bills desperately needed to get better at WR 2 this off-season and they didn't.  They didn't keep up with the AFC arms race at offense and their defense couldn't do enough last year to make a difference.   

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

19 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am not sure he is wrong.  The Bills had a hard time beating the Dolphins with Skylar Thompson and the Jets with Zach Wilson.   The division is going to be a dog fight this year.

The Bills desperately needed to get better at WR 2 this off-season and they didn't.  They didn't keep up with the AFC arms race at offense and their defense couldn't do enough last year to make a difference.   

They finished 6.5 games ahead of the Jets, 4.5 games ahead of Miami and 3.5 games ahead of Baltimore. It is unreasonable to think that the Bills regressed enough for ALL of those teams to have closed that chasm. It’s not like a game separated them!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 6

31 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The Bills didn’t sign Sherfield, Harty, Harris, McGovern or draft Kincaid or Torrence this past off-season? Funny, I must have been dreaming that because I was all but sure the Bills improved on offense compared to what they had last season.

Thanks for setting the record straight.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

People couldn’t wait to move off Buffalo. Max Kellerman, on his show, did a top 5 in the afc and buffalo didn’t make it in either. 

It’s honestly super odd how fast mainstream media wanted to move off of a 13-3 squad that lost basically one starter. 

It’s the same for Josh Allen. The slander there has only picked up steam as the offseason progresses. You’d never know the man finished 3rd in the MVP voting(AHEAD OF BURROW) when he’s being discussed at this point. 

Never seen so many people try and over correct on a team. People are treating them like the first preseason favorite to not win it all. Super odd IMO 

43 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Lol. Nothing like using a one or 2 game sample size as opposed to the 14-4 overall record….. CLASSIC

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Bills didn’t sign Sherfield, Harty, Harris, McGovern or draft Kincaid or Torrence this past off-season? Funny, I must have been dreaming that because I was all but sure the Bills improved on offense compared to what they had last season.

Thanks for setting the record straight.

Not to mention getting Hyde and Miller back this year. Only a couple of all pro’s. No biggie ….  🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

We were the media darling last year. Someone else’s turn this year. 

Dropping out of the top 5 is more than that. It's an over-correction with a touch of contempt for small market Buffalo, but who cares, really? It will only fuel Allen and Co.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Exactly. I cannot believe how many people care about stuff like this - and get so worked up over it. 

Bingo.  And the sad thing is that we're staring at months and months and months of nothing in terms of actual news regarding the Bills.  So buckle up for more of it.

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They finished 6.5 games ahead of the Jets, 4.5 games ahead of Miami and 3.5 games ahead of Baltimore. It is unreasonable to think that the Bills regressed enough for ALL of those teams to have closed that chasm. It’s not like a game separated them!!

the wild card is all 3 of those teams had qb woes last season. If Rodgers, Lamar and tua are healthy, that’s good for a couple games each and suddenly it gets real close. 

im not sure you can count on any of them carrying their teams the whole way, but last year was basically worst case scenarios for all 3 teams at the most important position. 

we also have a big question mark with millers injury. 

even if healthy, hard to say they flip the rank but it gets real close on a few. I think it’s safe to say we are in the second tier with questions to be answered at important positions, but still a contender. Whether that puts us 4 or 6 on a power ranking isn’t too stressful though. 

13 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Dropping out of the top 5 is more than that. It's an over-correction with a touch of contempt for small market Buffalo, but who cares, really? It will only fuel Allen and Co.

Or it creates a spicy hot take that gets clicks from all the markets instead of a predictable list that no one wants to deep dive and argue 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.