Jags @ Bills in London: Week 5 - 10/8 @ 9:30am ET

Was the likely matchup from the get go...Jags have 2 games in London then...one as their normal home game and now against the Bills.

IMO, they definitely have the advantage as they have it down to a science in terms of how to prepare, pack, get ready and play in that time zone as they have done this many many years in a row now. And on top of this they look like could make a move into the very good up and coming teams in the AFC this year.

Probably the worst possible opponent we could have been given. Would much rather play a team that is a newbie like we are at this to even the playing field.

Edited by Big Turk

14 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Was the likely matchup from the get go...Jags have 2 games in London then...one as their normal home game and now against the Bills.

IMO, they definitely have the advantage as they have it down to a science in terms of how to prepare, pack, get ready and play in that time zone as they have done this many many years in a row now. And on top of this they look like could make a move into the very good up and coming teams in the AFC this year.

Probably the worst possible opponent we could have been given. Would much rather play a team that is a newbie like we are at this to even the playing field.

you guys are making too much of this. You don't think anyone in the Bills organization will know how to prepare for this game? What do you mean pack....clothing , uniforms? They're going to London, not Australia

I'm in the Pacific Time Zone. So this will be what, a 4 am start for me? LOL.

But seriously. I'm in the "Not a fan of London games" camp. Jet lag, games usually aren't that good, everybodys tired, and the next week return to the states, the teams usually play like crap. Hey they are pros, I get it, but just not a fan of this.

GO BILLS!

Edited by Marv Levy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

Is this the official pre-game thread? Might be a bit early to be discussing game strategies and matchups. When the game is played, we'll all be like: 

dance party GIF

'Buffalo Bills AI Art' is a few threads down the page. ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

The league says the Bills are technically the home team in this game, but the Jags are the NFL team with the most experience in the league at playing in London.  By keeping the Jags in London two straight weeks, the Jags will be over their Jet lag.  Essentially, the league has flipped the game and given the Jags home field advantage despite the fact they are supposed to be visitors.  Buffalo should be good enough to overcome this, but it sure looks like the league is trying to screw Buffalo.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

My kids are off of school that week for "fall break."  When I was a kid, we had "spring break," but "fall break" did not exist.  The good news is that my wife likes to take an international family trip during fall break and was planning a trip to Ireland that week.  Hearing about the Bills schedule, she decided to route our trip through London.  Airline tickets have been purchased and I will be at the game!  I registered this morning for notice of the public ticket sale.  If anyone has any more information about tickets, I'd appreciate it.  I look forward to seeing some of you there!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I predicted the NFL would finally schedule the Jags for back to back games in London.  That’s sort of the next step of testing out the waters of having a team over there full time or maybe at least half the year. 

I could see the Jags possibly splitting time evenly between Jacksonville and London eventually. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, nucci said:

you guys are making too much of this. You don't think anyone in the Bills organization will know how to prepare for this game? What do you mean pack....clothing , uniforms? They're going to London, not Australia

Agreed. This is turning into the Sun Game last year where the excuses are rolling to a stupid level except the game hasn't even been played. The NFL has done London for so long teams have perfected it and it really is no different then going West Coast these days. Saying the Jags have "two home games" is dumb too. It's in London not Jacksonville, its basically just two neutral site games at this point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

not a fan of these international games for my team.   i get the reasons why they exist.   it puts players and teams who are very structured outside their comfort zones and is shows on the field.   the following weeks game usually suffers as well.    this isnt a "home" game for our Bills.  its an unneeded distraction for a team that will have to play at their very best every friggen week to keep up with the murderers row of teams in the AFC,  especially for any chance at homefield in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nucci said:

It's a lot of work especially since they are going to be gone much longer than a typical road game. I don't think we are making too much of it considering the huge challenges teams themselves who have done it for the first time said they had and how they had no idea there would be so many of them.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It's a lot of work especially since they are going to be gone much longer than a typical road game. I don't think we are making too much of it considering the huge challenges teams themselves who have done it for the first time said they had and how they had no idea there would be so many of them.

then pack an extra pair of underwear. This is getting ridiculous. Players will get plenty of rest and enough to eat. I don't see the huge challenges you talk about. 

Maybe next year the league in all its wisdom can have us play overseas for two of our home games.

This wouldn't irritate me if we played an away game there, but to give up a home game in Buffalo to play the team that plays there yearly and is the "home team" in London isn't competitively fair, and that does irritate me.

When the Bills had the Toronto series, it was always a Bills home game. If the Jaguars are looking to move to London, the games there should be their home games.

8 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Maybe next year the league in all its wisdom can have us play overseas for two of our home games.

This wouldn't irritate me if we played an away game there, but to give up a home game in Buffalo to play the team that plays there yearly and is the "home team" in London isn't competitively fair, and that does irritate me.

When the Bills had the Toronto series, it was always a Bills home game. If the Jaguars are looking to move to London, the games there should be their home games.

Up until just a couple of years ago the Bills had eight home games. This year they’ll have…yep…eight home games. 

My gosh what a bunch of whiners! Not sure why people want be such Debbie Downers. I literally guarantee you that the players and the entire organization are going to have fun with this. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.