Jags @ Bills in London: Week 5 - 10/8 @ 9:30am ET

For the Jaguars, this will be the second of two-straight games played in London. The League wanted them rested to provide them with an advantage over the Bills.  I am disappointed this is an AFC clash that could have playoff-seeding implications; I was hoping for an NFC opponent; but at least it looks like all the international games will be AFC tilts.

38 minutes ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

For the Jaguars, this will be the second of two-straight games played in London. The League wanted them rested to provide them with an advantage over the Bills.  I am disappointed this is an AFC clash that could have playoff-seeding implications; I was hoping for an NFC opponent; but at least it looks like all the international games will be AFC tilts.

A charter flight should take about 7.5 hours from Buffalo to London. There is the 5 hour time change, but I can't see that this is much different than the Seahawks coming to Buffalo for a Sunday game.

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

Oh geez…more conspiracy theories.  Ridiculous.  Besides, staying longer in London doesn’t mean the Jags are “more rested” — they’re still staying in a hotel away from home.  It’s a non-issue.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Oh geez…more conspiracy theories.  Ridiculous.  Besides, staying longer in London doesn’t mean the Jags are “more rested” — they’re still staying in a hotel away from home.  It’s a non-issue.

Disagree completely with this.  

Bills have to travel and deal with the time change, for a "home game". 

Instead of playing a team also dealing with that.. for the first time... that's now not the case. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, gordong said:

whatever,  if the bills can't beat the jags we have bigger issues.

12 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Jags aren't a pushover anymore. This will be a tough game.

Respectfully, we couldn't beat them when they were hideous.  Now they are good and getting better, winning as many playoffs games last year as we did, and they are getting a road game essentially turned into a home game in their "home away from home" all the while as they've had a week to settle in.

If the Bills can't beat the Jags it might be because the Jags are a pretty good team, combined with the schedule working out well for them.  

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

some of you just look for things to complain about. The Bills won't be tired. They will be ready to play. Football is emotion and adrenaline. You really think close to kickoff a couple guys will be yawning and needing a nap?

• Haha (+1) 2

Everything about this sucks.

Bills football at what? 9am?  It's like a week without football...and against Jacksonville, no less.

Let the Brits come watch football in the States.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

some of you just look for things to complain about. The Bills won't be tired. They will be ready to play. Football is emotion and adrenaline. You really think close to kickoff a couple guys will be yawning and needing a nap?

I mean, it is a disadvantage.  We can talk about that. 

Does it mean we have an excuse, due to that, to go out and lose to a good (not great) team in Jax?  No.. We should still win that game.  

That said, I just don't like being part of the experiment with Jax.  First team playing two games overseas, staying overseas the entire time.  How does that drive their mentality?  The league will clearly be looking to see how good, bad or indifferent they play on the second game of two in a row over there.  Ehh.. just not a fan of the scheduling hand we were dealt here. 

Still should be a W, but we know of exactly one game, and it's about as meh as it could possibly be for us. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I mean, it is a disadvantage.  We can talk about that. 

Does it mean we have an excuse, due to that, to go out and lose to a good (not great) team in Jax?  No.. We should still win that game.  

That said, I just don't like being part of the experiment with Jax.  First team playing two games overseas, staying overseas the entire time.  How does that drive their mentality?  The league will clearly be looking to see how good, bad or indifferent they play on the second game of two in a row over there.  Ehh.. just not a fan of the scheduling hand we dealt here. 

Still should be a W. 

It's just a football game. You're making it bigger than that. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

It's just a football game. You're making it bigger than that. 

Ok.. Why even care at all about the schedule, or who/when we play anyone?

Give us a 1 pm season opener in Miami on Week One.   Give us the earliest bye week possible.  Schedule KC, CIN, PHI, LAC, NYJ & MIA all in a row.  What does it matter?

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Ok.. Why even care at all about the schedule, or who/when we play anyone?

Give us a 1 pm season opener in Miami on Week One.   Give us a Week 5 bye.  Schedule KC, CIN, PHI, SF, NYJ & MIA all in a row.  What does it matter?

I don't care about the schedule. I'll watch when the games are played. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, nucci said:

I don't care about the schedule. I'll watch when the games are played. 

Cool.  So will all of us. 

The discussion we're having isn't about us.  

We aren't playing the games.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.