UEFA Championship Bills related

SoCal Deek

Turned on the semi-finals of the UEFA soccer tournament on CBS just now. The match features two famous clubs, Manchester City versus Real Madrid, and in making an analogy for Man City the announcer mentions the fact that likewise the Buffalo Bills have never won the Super Bowl. I mean, really? Ugh! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Being compared to Manchester City is a good thing. It’s the best soccer team in the world and the favourite to win the Champions League this season. If the Bills are the Man City of the NFL I’m more than fine with it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Freak-O said:

Being compared to Manchester City is a good thing. It’s the best soccer team in the world and the favourite to win the Champions League this season. If the Bills are the Man City of the NFL I’m more than fine with it. 

I don’t disagree…but can they leave the poor Bills out of it. 😂 (How about the Vikings for a change?)

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Turned on the semi-finals of the UEFA soccer tournament on CBS just now. The match features two famous clubs, Manchester City versus Real Madrid, and in making an analogy for Man City the announcer mentions the fact that likewise the Buffalo Bills have never won the Super Bowl. I mean, really? Ugh! 

The Bills have been fighting for the Super Bowl longer than Manchester City have been competing in the Champions League.

That's not really making things better, is it?

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

Fake. Fake. Fake.

Hala Madrid!

36 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I don’t disagree…but can they leave the poor Bills out of it. 😂 (How about the Vikings for a change?)

The Vikings aren't an elite team, though.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Peter said:

As a longtime Arsenal fan, I am not sure I want to be compared to Man City. Great team with a great coach, but they also have been accused of violating FFP.

If it’s of any consolation they were comparing Man City to the Bills, not the Bills to Man City. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Freak-O said:

Sadly, I worry that the Bills are destined to be Arsenal.  Fun to watch and right there in contention, but too much of a tendency to under-deliver in big moments.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

As a longtime Arsenal fan, I am not sure I want to be compared to Man City. Great team with a great coach, but they also have been accused of violating FFP.

I'm an Arsenal fan too.  What was your favorite moment in the past month or so?  The part where they blew a two goal lead against Liverpool?  Or the one where they blew a two goal lead against West Ham?  Or was it getting stomped by City?

Why do I root for underperforming football clubs?

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Sadly, I worry that the Bills are destined to be Arsenal.  Fun to watch and right there in contention, but too much of a tendency to under-deliver in big moments.

I'm an Arsenal fan too.  What was your favorite moment in the past month or so?  The part where they blew a two goal lead against Liverpool?  Or the one where they blew a two goal lead against West Ham?  Or was it getting stomped by City?

You think Arsenal UNDER performed this year? I mean it is our best season since 2008.... but sure.

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

Okay fair point.  But they did choke down the stretch. 

They stumbled, sure. But they can still equal the invincibles. They are facing a financially doped cheat. It is like coming second in the Tour de France to Lance Armstrong.

14 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

There is a lot of similarity supporting the Bills and Arsenal . . .  especially experiencing disappointment.

Nevertheless, I would not support any other professional "football" teams. I have been a Bills fan basically since I was in the womb and an Arsenal fan since I saw the Dennis Bergkamp goal in the link below and decided that I wanted to support his club team. I then fell in love with the team and Arsene Wenger. I also am a member of the supporters club (as are my two sons) and we also are on the season ticket waiting list.

Dennis Bergkamp World Cup Goal against Argentina

I love the Dutch commentary as well in the clip that I linked:

Dennis Bergkamp!

Dennis Bergkamp!

Dennis Bergkamp!

The skill that it took to receive the ball, immediately nutmeg the defender, and score the winning goal in the World Cup was just amazing. He also was a class act.

1 minute ago, Peter said:

There is a lot of similarity supporting the Bills and Arsenal . . .  especially experiencing disappointment.

Nevertheless, I would not support any other professional "football" teams. I have been a Bills fan basically since I was in the womb and an Arsenal fan since I saw the Dennis Bergkamp goal in the link below and decided that I wanted to support his club team. I then fell in love with the team and Arsene Wenger. I also am a member of the supporters club (as are my two sons) and we also are on the season ticket waiting list.

Dennis Bergkamp World Cup Goal against Argentina

I love the Dutch commentary as well in the clip that I linked:

Dennis Bergkamp!

Dennis Bergkamp!

Dennis Bergkamp!

The skill that it took to receive the ball, immediately nutmeg the defender, and score the winning goal in the World Cup was just amazing. He also was a class act.

It is the life of every sports fan. You lose more than you win. 

That is life.

9 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Okay fair point.  But they did choke down the stretch. 

I would not call it choke.

Clearly, we were all disappointed with how we let Liverpool, Southhampton, and West Ham come back to draw those games. Nevertheless, going to Anfield and getting a result is an accomplishment. Also, beating Newcastle away was very impressive . . . especially how Newcastle was doing their best impression of Stoke.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.