Is Josh becoming too commercialized?

Tipster19

1 hour ago, Billy Claude said:

Getting away from Allen's fashion sense for a minute, I always felt that being locked down with Jordan Palmer for a month with nothing to do but eat, drink, and sleep football played a larger role in Allen's unprecedented third year jump than usually credited.

It was also a somewhat concerning that Allen said he was going to focus on YAC last summer but didn't really improve on it last season.  All previous years, he identified an issue with his game post season and showed immediate improvement in that aspect the following season.  Obviously there is nothing wrong with going to the Kentucky Derby or otherwise having fun but is he doing too much other stuff?   It is a fair question, other QBs, for example, Baker Mayfield, has been criticized for it.

I may not be a football guru but doesn't generating more YAC also rely on the receiver breaking tackles, making guys miss tackles and outrunning tacklers?  Allen said he was working on ball placement and from what I can recall that aspect of his game looked fine to me.

14 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

mostly just one - the OP. While many may think such things, they keep it to themselves.

Good ol'Tippy however, just cant help himself

I thought that you promised that you would go away? What happened? It absolutely amazes me that the people who hate me and/or hate what I post just keep on coming back. Lol! Why would someone do that to themselves?? 

2 hours ago, teef said:

so...people really have a problem with this?

I'm reading a few do, the rest of the thread is  is pure snark fodder.

I agree with Beck. Josh Allen can dress up any time he wants. Dude is a hottie even if wearing sage green or peach sherbet floral suits. lol

Fashion crimes in the offseason don't count in NFL stats . Josh Allen is going to be just fine.

I'll slip him my daughters phone number. I'm sure she would do an amazing job styling him

😉

Edited by muppy

16 minutes ago, muppy said:

I'm reading a few do, the rest of the thread is  is pure snark fodder.

I agree with Beck. Josh Allen can dress up any time he wants. Dude is a hottie even if wearing sage green or peach sherbet floral suits. lol

Fashion crimes in the offseason don't count in NFL stats . Josh Allen is going to be just fine.

I'll slip him my daughters phone number. I'm sure she would do an amazing job styling him

😉

absolutely.  there's few people in his position, and he should reap the benefits.  there's not one aspect about josh's personality that makes me think he's not doing enough.  the guy has worked his ass of to get here, and i don't see how this off season would be any different.  he's now one of the faces of the nfl, and he's going to get more exposure.  

i just wonder if the people calling him out put the same, 100% of the time dedication to their jobs as they expect josh to.  my guess would be no.

45 minutes ago, teef said:

absolutely.  there's few people in his position, and he should reap the benefits.  there's not one aspect about josh's personality that makes me think he's not doing enough.  the guy has worked his ass of to get here, and i don't see how this off season would be any different.  he's now one of the faces of the nfl, and he's going to get more exposure.  

i just wonder if the people calling him out put the same, 100% of the time dedication to their jobs as they expect josh to.  my guess would be no.

this whole thread is just nuts. shocked your even playing into it lol. 

23 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

No. Josh is the toughest QB I have ever seen in my life. I just think he looks ridiculous posing like the way he does. 

the only thing that looks ridiculous is your thread. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I may not be a football guru but doesn't generating more YAC also rely on the receiver breaking tackles, making guys miss tackles and outrunning tacklers?  Allen said he was working on ball placement and from what I can recall that aspect of his game looked fine to me.

Josh identified ball placement and YAC as something he needed to work on so it would appear that Allen, himself was not satisfied with it, at least for the 2021 season.  

Was there any evidence of improved ball placement last season?   Even before the UCL injury?

Edited by Billy Claude

Dam @Tipster19!!!  You’ve outdone yourself with this thread!!  Well done!!

that said, I haven’t read anything since page 1.  From the looks of page 12, this thread sucks but is also awesome at the same time.

can I get a thread recap anyone?  

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dam @Tipster19!!!  You’ve outdone yourself with this thread!!  Well done!!

that said, I haven’t read anything since page 1.  From the looks of page 12, this thread sucks but is also awesome at the same time.

can I get a thread recap anyone?  

Hey, give me a little credit.   I jumped in on his side, and that helped keep things going.  

It is amazing that people could talk about this for so long.   

One time the guys on Car Talk gave ten minutes of advice about was wrong with air brakes on a tractor, even though they began their advice by admitting that neither had ever seen. let alone worked on, air brakes.  Someone wrote to them and said their discussion conclusively proved that two people who don't know what they're talking about know LESS than one person who doesn't know what they're talking about!     Everyone who posted here have two things in common:  They're Bills fans, and they have absolutely no information about what Josh Allen has been doing since the loss to Cincinnati, except for what they've seen on TV.  We know less than nothing, and we love talking about it!

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.