Is Josh becoming too commercialized?

Tipster19

4 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I’m big on Josh Allen, love his competitive nature, amazed by his abilities but it seems like since the Britney split he’s going pretty deep on posing and modeling. I’ll admit that he looked great at the Kentucky Derby but his poses are a little too much for my liking and now I just a post on IG for caps and it was like this guy thinks he’s a model now. Sorry, don’t like it, flame me all you want but I just want him to concrete on being a rough and tough QB who plows through defenders, not a guy sitting in a armchair posing waiting on GQ to give him a call. The clothes and such are nice but truth be told the only thing that I want to see him modeling is a Super Bowl ring. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr_5dFcgWod/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Do you ever get tired of your thoughts and threads being roundly thrashed? Or do you take some type of enjoyment from that. I’m just trying to understand the motivation. To this point, you have 25 negative reactions, and 7 people who just laughed. Nothing positive. 

I don’t care what he does (within reason, of course) during his free time. I care about how he prepares for football and how he performs. If he wants to wear a bunny suit in Times Square, we can make that a tradition as long as he is winning. 

4 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

I'd much rather have a QB that flies under the radar and doesn't get endorsements... 

Upstanding young fellows like JP Losman, Trent Edwards, EJ Manuel, etc that will help us to win 7 games and be solidly "In the Hunt" through Week 16

Then we can all go back to sleep for 17 years and set our alarm clocks for Sunday 1 PM games every week

SMFH

Ej sold shares in his future earnings.  Probabily worked out ok for him.  robert Griffin 3 did that also.

Let me clarify myself a little more. As my “friend” Jauronimo kindly pointed out the title of this thread was misrepresented, kudos to him. I’m all for Josh having a great exciting life, charity softball, Kentucky Derby’s, prestigious golf tournaments, etc etc. I’m all FOR it! Josh has earned every bit of it and I’m EXTREMELY happy for him, he deserves and earned every bit of it. What I’m referring to is the stark change to his perceived image, right, wrong or indifferent. All of a sudden he’s in a break up with his childhood beau, rumored that he plowed a Buffalo barmaid and got her pregnant and the sudden modeling in popsicle suits. Sorry, I don’t like the direction that he appears to be heading, it just seems out of character for him. Furthermore I don’t doubt that when the football flies he’ll still be physical but I want his image to stay intact. Call me whatever you want because I think that I more than proven that I don’t care what any of you think and your opinion of me. I’ve been on this message board a long time and what I have witnessed is that they’re far too many of you that think that they can say and do anything they want towards others. I guarantee that you won’t find too many times where I have totally came out and insulted others. In the few times that I have acted negative towards others was in response, I NEVER initiated it. Do you know why? It’s because I’m a staunch believer in that if I’m not man enough to say it to your face then I’m not going to be a weasel enough to hide behind a keyboard. My only wish is that I would like to see more people follow this philosophy but then again I’ve always been accused of being a dreamer…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Thank you for the courage to say this. 

These sort of opinions are not allowed on this message board. 

But right or wrong, volunteering a "negative" thought. 

These sort of opinions aren't allowed here?

Courage??

Good grief.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I’m big on Josh Allen, love his competitive nature, amazed by his abilities but it seems like since the Britney split he’s going pretty deep on posing and modeling. I’ll admit that he looked great at the Kentucky Derby but his poses are a little too much for my liking and now I just a post on IG for caps and it was like this guy thinks he’s a model now. Sorry, don’t like it, flame me all you want but I just want him to concrete on being a rough and tough QB who plows through defenders, not a guy sitting in a armchair posing waiting on GQ to give him a call. The clothes and such are nice but truth be told the only thing that I want to see him modeling is a Super Bowl ring. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr_5dFcgWod/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

For years, we have been waiting to have a QB who was good enough to receive national attention, and respect from the national sports media.  Now that we have it, we can’t complain about what comes with it. Time to sit back and enjoy the ride…

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

Do you ever get tired of your thoughts and threads being roundly thrashed? Or do you take some type of enjoyment from that. I’m just trying to understand the motivation. To this point, you have 25 negative reactions, and 7 people who just laughed. Nothing positive. 

No. I don’t care what other people think or say, it’s their right to have their own opinion. I don’t allow others to influence my thinking for me. If I provide an outlet for others to berate me and flex their internet muscles then I’m ok with that because none of you matter in the grand scheme of things. What I find hysterical is how bent out of shape people get with what I say. People should really get a better life because being vile and mean spirited is a terrible way to live one’s life. To each their own I guess.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

No. I don’t care what other people think or say, it’s their right to have their own opinion. I don’t allow others to influence my thinking for me. If I provide an outlet for others to berate me and flex their internet muscles then I’m ok with that because none of you matter in the grand scheme of things. What I find hysterical is how bent out of shape people get with what I say. People should really get a better life because being vile and mean spirited is a terrible way to live one’s life. To each their own I guess.

OK, is Mahomes too commercialized? He’s everywhere, and he seems just fine. Maybe the difference is…….something else? Something(s) actually football related?   🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

No one on this or any other NFL team’s message board has the first damn clue about what other QBs are doing or not doing today, yesterday, or tomorrow when it comes to what they do in the off-season. Except that Mahomes was at the same horse race as Josh on Saturday.

This is true not only about attendance at a horse race but also about his play on the field, and yet we all seem to think we  undersrand that.  I find it amazing that tipster is buried in criticism because he thinks maybe Josh's focus could be off, but others are heaped with praise when they say he's the best qb on the planet.  They're all just opinions of outsiders who really don't know.  

Just now, Shaw66 said:

This is true not only about attendance at a horse race but also about his play on the field, and yet we all seem to think we  undersrand that.  I find it amazing that tipster is buried in criticism because he thinks maybe Josh's focus could be off, but others are heaped with praise when they say he's the best qb on the planet.  They're all just opinions of outsiders who really don't know.  

If there was any evidence of declining performance then maybe Tipster would have a point.  But there isn't.  So its just pure speculation of the baseless variety which was then backtracked into some statement of his discomfort with Josh's poses or outfit. That type of thing will draw criticism, as it should.

30 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Let me clarify myself a little more. As my “friend” Jauronimo kindly pointed out the title of this thread was misrepresented, kudos to him. I’m all for Josh having a great exciting life, charity softball, Kentucky Derby’s, prestigious golf tournaments, etc etc. I’m all FOR it! Josh has earned every bit of it and I’m EXTREMELY happy for him, he deserves and earned every bit of it. What I’m referring to is the stark change to his perceived image, right, wrong or indifferent. All of a sudden he’s in a break up with his childhood beau, rumored that he plowed a Buffalo barmaid and got her pregnant and the sudden modeling in popsicle suits. Sorry, I don’t like the direction that he appears to be heading, it just seems out of character for him. Furthermore I don’t doubt that when the football flies he’ll still be physical but I want his image to stay intact. Call me whatever you want because I think that I more than proven that I don’t care what any of you think and your opinion of me. I’ve been on this message board a long time and what I have witnessed is that they’re far too many of you that think that they can say and do anything they want towards others. I guarantee that you won’t find too many times where I have totally came out and insulted others. In the few times that I have acted negative towards others was in response, I NEVER initiated it. Do you know why? It’s because I’m a staunch believer in that if I’m not man enough to say it to your face then I’m not going to be a weasel enough to hide behind a keyboard. My only wish is that I would like to see more people follow this philosophy but then again I’ve always been accused of being a dreamer…

It appears to me that you just don’t like his style. Maybe it’s too flamboyant for your personal taste. You’d prefer he’d be a low key nose to the grindstone type that would represent the blue collar mentality of this area. That’s just a personal preference man. It has nothing to do with his ability on the field. As much as we like to think we know our star players personally we really don’t and sometimes their personality rubs us the wrong way. It doesn’t make those actions, whatever they may be, a detriment to their playing ability. Let’s chalk this thread up as one of those that should’ve been private thoughts. Cheers!

4 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

It’s not really the endorsements, it’s the posing/modeling. He looks ridiculous. At least flame me for the accurate accusation.

Bills fans wanted their version of Tom Brady, and we got Giselle!

The horror, the horror.

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

So your nit picks of Allen and the Bills are okay but these are not legit points to make in response - "the eruption of Beane knows what he's doing, what are your credentials, the team was 13-3 last year rain down"?

My comments are football focused thoughts.

But what you get in response is you need meds, you think you know more than everyone.

So please. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.