Is Josh becoming too commercialized?

Tipster19

Just now, oldmanfan said:

You don’t have a freaking clue what they’re doing on a regular basis.  Not a single damn clue.  You just like to pretend you’re more knowledgeable than the next guy.  It’s like that guy who started this nonsense thread talking about how he doesn’t like Diggs personally, as if he has some personal interactions with the man.

Mahomes is at the same race and nobody says a freaking thing.  Josh is there and he gets criticized for modeling?  For not being all in?  That is pathetic.

First line of my response was “I have no issue with Allen attending events”

Secondly, I don’t think I know more than other people. I read/listen the available media and make a judgement.

If it’s all a black box and we don’t know, that’s fine, but at the end of the day it’s wins and losses and when you lose you dig around for what happened. 

For me it’s not enough to go oh-well, we’ll get them next year, that’s all. Nothing would progress in the world took that approach. 

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

First line of my response was “I have no issue with Allen attending events”

Secondly, I don’t think I know more than other people. I read/listen the available media and make a judgement.

If it’s all a black box and we don’t know, that’s fine, but at the end of the day it’s wins and losses and when you lose you dig around for what happened. 

For me it’s not enough to go oh-well, we’ll get them next year, that’s all. Nothing would progress in the world took that approach. 

If you don’t think he is working on his conditioning and such, making sure his elbow is ready to go, then you live in a fantasy world.

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

Well possibly because Mahomes has some Super Bowl rings in his dresser

And it means that attending a horse race does not destroy one’s ability to play great football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If you don’t think he is working on his conditioning and such, making sure his elbow is ready to go, then you live in a fantasy world.

And it means that attending a horse race does not destroy one’s ability to play great football.

How do you know, you’re not with him everyday taking notes on his recovery? 

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You don’t have a freaking clue what they’re doing on a regular basis.  Not a single damn clue.  You just like to pretend you’re more knowledgeable than the next guy.  It’s like that guy who started this nonsense thread talking about how he doesn’t like Diggs personally, as if he has some personal interactions with the man.

Mahomes is at the same race and nobody says a freaking thing.  Josh is there and he gets criticized for modeling?  For not being all in?  That is pathetic.

I think Burrow was also there. This is all really silly. Young rich athletes attending popular events. Omg the sky is falling!

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I do think he has lost his edge. And that explains why Diggs gets so pissed

What does losing his edge mean to you? There are definitely things that Allen can work on to improve his game.

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Who cares what you like.  It's his life, not yours.

It I'd indeed his life and he's has every right to enjoy his free time.  If his popularity gives him some extra exposure that in turn allows him to make a lil extra cash or free merchsndise modeling then that's less money he will demand when new contracts are due.  In fact it's a smart move always generating positive press for the NFL in offseason.  

18 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

How do you know, you’re not with him everyday taking notes on his recovery? 

Well, because he said he’s all in this year.  Oh but I get it now.  If you hear a Chris Simms video with a guy that we should take as Gospel but if Josh says he’s all in that we should question because he showed up at a horse race.

Am I there watching him every day?  No, but the difference is I don’t pretend that I am nor that other guys are more invested than he is as if I have some inside info.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Weren't we complaining when Josh had no commercials?

Or when we had QBs who no one wanted in commercials. Or no one bothered wasting film to take a picture of. 

Not only do we have a top 3 QB, but the dude is very handsome , a pleasant personality and goofy as heck. 

Oh what are we going to do? 

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I think Burrow was also there. This is all really silly. Young rich athletes attending popular events. Omg the sky is falling!

For real. 🤣

"Josh is too commercial" - he's literally one of the most popular and recognizable people in the most popular sports league in the country, sooooo, ya know... 🤣🤣

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Well possibly because Mahomes has some Super Bowl rings in his dresser so he gets the benefit of the doubt

Or more likely none of this has anything to do with a players off season work outs or in season performance.

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Thank you for the courage to say this. 

These sort of opinions are not allowed on this message board. 

But right or wrong, volunteering a "negative" thought. 

There was no courage in making the ridiculous charge that "Allen has lost his edge", whatever the hell "edge" is.  It's just another in a long line of cheap passive aggressive shots that the Bills QB takes on 2BD. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

And people like you feel entitled to police everyone. That's the key difference here.

From 2006-2017 there was a large segment of Bills fans who commented on the shoddy nature of the organization, and the same "realist" verses "true-fan" debates erupted. And ultimately, the "negative realist" fans were right. That iteration of the Bills was never going to win, Brandon, Nix, Whaley, Levy running the show. 

So while the organization is clearly NFL caliber now, the Super Bowl drought weighs on the fanbase. Fans are anxious to get to the final level and win.

If you say something like the Dorian Williams is too small to play MIKE, and the pick should have been spent on an upside RT Dewand Jones, for instance, the eruption of Beane knows what he's doing, what are your credentials, the team was 13-3 last year rain down. 

My statement still stands. Applaud the guy for saying Allen lost his edge, because you'll get the typical blowback here.  

Except they give interviews about it. 

Watch Joe Burrow's with Chris Simms, or Justin Herbert's physical plan where he made the decision to add more muscle. 

Of course we don't attend the Jordan Palmer Passing Camp, but some information on this does come out. 

So your nit picks of Allen and the Bills are okay but these are not legit points to make in response - "the eruption of Beane knows what he's doing, what are your credentials, the team was 13-3 last year rain down"?

i personally think there's a big difference between losing your edge and having a down year.  i don't think allen has lost his edge at all.  everything was a bit off last season, so i don't think it's absurd to think they can turn it all around.  it's the same people panicking over nothing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, teef said:

i personally think there's a big difference between losing your edge and having a down year.  i don't think allen has lost his edge at all.  everything was a bit off last season, so i don't think it's absurd to think they can turn it all around.  it's the same people panicking over nothing.

And Allen's "down year" saw him put up the following numbers (regular season + postseason):

Team record: 14 - 4

Total Yards:  5671

Total TD's:  46

Total TO's:  18

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, teef said:

Dude, he makes commercials for Gillette and not Edge.  

I don't use any shaving cream.  I only electric shave and that does not require cream.  But when I did shave with a razor, I used Edge.  I preferred the bottle.

You're welcome.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.