Is Josh becoming too commercialized?

Tipster19

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I do think he has lost his edge. And that explains why Diggs gets so pissed

Dude I literally watched him suck the life out of KC at arrowhead last season … the stadium keep heat a pin drop

hurdling defenders and throwing dimes 

his edge was not gone 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I do think he has lost his edge. And that explains why Diggs gets so pissed

Thank you for the courage to say this. 

These sort of opinions are not allowed on this message board. 

But right or wrong, volunteering a "negative" thought. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

Josh Allen could spend the offseason filming recruitment videos for ISIS and it would be a-okay with me if he puts up 13+ regular season wins.  

Ooooh.  No.  Too far.  I frankly don’t want to see him get political in any way.

But an advertisement for New Era caps or whatever that was?   Gillette shaving ads?   Pfffht, Go For It.

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Thank you for the courage to say this. 

These sort of opinions are not allowed on this message board. 

But right or wrong, volunteering a "negative" thought. 

I keep reading stuff like this from you.

Leaving apart my own experience and that of people I dialog with - which is that we criticize players on a regular basis here and experience no problems in doing so - has the fundamental contradiction between your expressed viewpoint, and the fact that you find multiple posts upon which to express it, truly escaped you?

Newsflash posting some vague generalized BS like “he’s lost his edge” on a message board requires no “courage” at all.

Edited by Beck Water

22 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I don't worry about him attending events, or being out in the public. 

My question has always revolved around how does Josh get to the next performance level? 

2020, 2021, 2022 have largely been the same statistically (Top 4 in NFL). The Bills have taken the approach to keep the same 2020 team around him as much as possible I believe, going so far as to re-sign Cole Beasley and John Brown. 

That's why I say there is meat on the bone when it comes to his conditioning, especially when you listen to how the other Quarterbacks around the league prepare in the offseason. 

No one on this or any other NFL team’s message board has the first damn clue about what other QBs are doing or not doing today, yesterday, or tomorrow when it comes to what they do in the off-season. Except that Mahomes was at the same horse race as Josh on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Ooooh.  No.  Too far.  I frankly don’t want to see him get political in any way.

But an advertisement for New Era caps or whatever that was?   Gillette shaving ads?   Pfffht, Go For It.

I keep reading stuff like this from you.

Leaving apart my own experience and that of people I dialog with - which is that we criticize players on a regular basis here and experience no problems in doing so - has the fundamental contradiction between your expressed viewpoint, and the fact that you find multiple posts upon which to express it, truly escaped you?

And people like you feel entitled to police everyone. That's the key difference here.

From 2006-2017 there was a large segment of Bills fans who commented on the shoddy nature of the organization, and the same "realist" verses "true-fan" debates erupted. And ultimately, the "negative realist" fans were right. That iteration of the Bills was never going to win, Brandon, Nix, Whaley, Levy running the show. 

So while the organization is clearly NFL caliber now, the Super Bowl drought weighs on the fanbase. Fans are anxious to get to the final level and win.

If you say something like the Dorian Williams is too small to play MIKE, and the pick should have been spent on an upside RT Dewand Jones, for instance, the eruption of Beane knows what he's doing, what are your credentials, the team was 13-3 last year rain down. 

My statement still stands. Applaud the guy for saying Allen lost his edge, because you'll get the typical blowback here.  

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

No one on this or any other NFL team’s message board has the first damn clue about what other QBs are doing or not doing today, yesterday, or tomorrow when it comes to what they do in the off-season. Except that Mahomes was at the same horse race as Josh on Saturday.

Except they give interviews about it. 

Watch Joe Burrow's with Chris Simms, or Justin Herbert's physical plan where he made the decision to add more muscle. 

Of course we don't attend the Jordan Palmer Passing Camp, but some information on this does come out. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

oh cool, yeah if only the Super Bowl was played in September

Allen hasn't lost his edge. He puts his body thru hell taking all of those hits trying to win games. The Bills lost to the Bengals because they got their asses kicked in every phase of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

Blah, blah, blah. Shoo fly.

The Jets fans would love you... you'd fit right in. Might I suggest going to play 'pretend-fan' over at https://forums.theganggreen.com/ ?

Although their post of village idiot seems to be taken as well :(

Everything you say is cringleworthy and simple, while somehow managing the reputation that if you had a thought it would be lonley.

5+ chances after wasting your poor fellow boardmembers to redeem yourself with something clever and at the end, you tuck tail and revert to childrens songs.

Its a shame you are the only one who cant see it. Its kinda like flat earthers... at SOME point, you'd think it would occur to them that maybe the rest of the world might just be right and maybe, just maybe, they (or you in this analogy as you tend to need things spelled out) arent as clever as they (again, you) think they (you) are...

I’m fine with it. All this will do is give him a taste of the big time. You know how you get to the bigs full-time? You win a Super Bowl. 

We get a Lombardi, he gets a hosting gig on snl. Win-win. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

I get where the OP is coming from.  In my mind, I'm fine with Allen doing all this off-the-field stuff as long as he can handle it and it doesn't distract him from his primary job.  I haven't seen anything to date indicating that he can't handle it.  It's true that some guys handle fame, fortune, and publicity better than others.

I recall Andrew Luck, early in his career, intentionally stayed out of the limelight to limit distractions to his football career.  That was the right choice for him at the time.  I think he did some commercials later on - perhaps even after his career was cut short by injuries.  Josh didn't do much early in his career either, but I suspect that's because he wasn't the huge star then that he is now.  Luck was a much bigger name coming in.

For now, Josh is fine.  He's so competitive and invested in winning, for himself, the Bills, and the City of Buffalo.  I suspect that if he felt that the off-the-field stuff was getting out of hand and negatively impacting his football career, that he'd scale it back.

24 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

And people like you feel entitled to police everyone. That's the key difference here.

From 2006-2017 there was a large segment of Bills fans who commented on the shoddy nature of the organization, and the same "realist" verses "true-fan" debates erupted. And ultimately, the "negative realist" fans were right. That iteration of the Bills was never going to win, Brandon, Nix, Whaley, Levy running the show. 

So while the organization is clearly NFL caliber now, the Super Bowl drought weighs on the fanbase. Fans are anxious to get to the final level and win.

If you say something like the Dorian Williams is too small to play MIKE, and the pick should have been spent on an upside RT Dewand Jones, for instance, the eruption of Beane knows what he's doing, what are your credentials, the team was 13-3 last year rain down. 

My statement still stands. Applaud the guy for saying Allen lost his edge, because you'll get the typical blowback here.  

Except they give interviews about it. 

Watch Joe Burrow's with Chris Simms, or Justin Herbert's physical plan where he made the decision to add more muscle. 

Of course we don't attend the Jordan Palmer Passing Camp, but some information on this does come out. 

You don’t have a freaking clue what they’re doing on a regular basis.  Not a single damn clue.  You just like to pretend you’re more knowledgeable than the next guy.  It’s like that guy who started this nonsense thread talking about how he doesn’t like Diggs personally, as if he has some personal interactions with the man.

Mahomes is at the same race and nobody says a freaking thing.  Josh is there and he gets criticized for modeling?  For not being all in?  That is pathetic.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Allen has been in the lime light for a few offseasons

Last year it was NASCAR, and the Big Golf Game with Mahommes Brady and  Rogers. There were also multiple articles in the TMZ about him and Brittany on a date

Nothing new here, expect more 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.