Is Josh becoming too commercialized?

Tipster19

3 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

It’s not really the endorsements, it’s the posing/modeling. He looks ridiculous. At least flame me for the accurate accusation.

I am completely unqualified & unable to have an opinion on whether Josh looks ridiculous as a model.

I suggest we refer to a more qualified & knowledgeable source - Sherlock Holmes - can you weigh in on this topic too?  

1 minute ago, Bulldog said:

I am completely unqualified & unable to have an opinion on whether Josh looks ridiculous as a model.

I suggest we refer to a more qualified & knowledgeable source - Sherlock Holmes - can you weigh in on this topic too?  

DC Tom might be a better source.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

It’s not really the endorsements, it’s the posing/modeling. He looks ridiculous. At least flame me for the accurate accusation.

I'm withholding all judgement about this until I see how the season plays out.  If he reverts to an inaccurate wuss of a QB that can't make a play then i might give this some credence.

If he balls out and leads Buffalo to a Super Bowl then I'll chalk it up to a single dude living his best life and having a great time without being encumbered by a serious relationship.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

I’m big on Josh Allen, love his competitive nature, amazed by his abilities but it seems like since the Britney split he’s going pretty deep on posing and modeling. I’ll admit that he looked great at the Kentucky Derby but his poses are a little too much for my liking and now I just a post on IG for caps and it was like this guy thinks he’s a model now. Sorry, don’t like it, flame me all you want but I just want him to concrete on being a rough and tough QB who plows through defenders, not a guy sitting in a armchair posing waiting on GQ to give him a call. The clothes and such are nice but truth be told the only thing that I want to see him modeling is a Super Bowl ring. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr_5dFcgWod/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

With all the change and terrible posts around here these days, its gotta be tough when people are gunning for your job. 

After all, there can only be one court jester, only one village idiot.

Call it what you want, and regardless of what you post and/or how silly it may be, there is one thought I'm always left with that I'll never understand.

Its like the old man who calls 550 and wants to scream and yell about the team, and then cant name the players he had an issue with. Or perhaps its what he thinks happened didnt actually happen. This is all to say, how can people be 'fans' to the extent they want to call a radio station and complain OR take time out of their (busy?) day to go to a message board and start a topic, but have little to no clue what they are actually talking about?

It's almost like they want the life of a sports fan.... but just dont quite grasp how to do it.

I dunno, its all pretty silly. If hes playing great but isnt doing things like this you can say 'why isnt he getting attention'?

He finally gets the attention, but then isnt the best in the game it turns into 'he needs to stop focusing on xxxxx and just play football'.

Were there issues with Stef and the Met Gala too?

At the end of the day, what does 1 person having an issue with Allen's itinarary matter? What makes you qualified to criticize it?

What made you want to come here and think this was a good enough thought or opinion to share with everyone else?

Was it for attention? Was it for getting a kick out of seeing people chime in a topic you started?

Sometimes posts like this make me wish the team would start their own message board and the crazyness migrated over there.

I cant even imagine what this place would be like. I'll bet it would be one of the best and most intelligent places to discuss Bills football on all the interwebs...

A guy can wish....

Edited by gobills1212
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

With all the change and terrible posts around here these days, its gotta be tough when people are gunning for your job. 

After all, there can only be one court jester, only one village idiot.

Call it what you want, and regardless of what you post and/or how silly it may be, there is one thought I'm always left with that I'll never understand.

Its like the old man who calls 550 and wants to scream and yell about the team, and then cant name the players he had an issue with. Or perhaps its what he thinks happened didnt actually happen. This is all to say, how can people be 'fans' to the extent they want to call a radio station and complain OR take time out of their (busy?) day to go to a message board and start a topic, but have little to no clue what they are actually talking about?

It's almost like they want the life of a sports fan.... but just dont quite grasp how to do it.

I dunno, its all pretty silly. If hes playing great but isnt doing things like this you can say 'why isnt he getting attention'?

He finally gets the attention, but then isnt the best in the game it turns into 'he needs to stop focusing on xxxxx and just play football'.

Were there issues with Stef and the Met Gala too?

At the end of the day, what does 1 person having an issue with Allen's itinarary matter? What makes you qualified to criticize it?

What made you want to come here and think this was a good enought thought or opinion to share with everyone else?

Was it for attention? Was it for getting a kick out of seeing people chime in a topic you started?

Sometimes posts like this make me wish the team would start their own message board and the crazyness migrated over there.

I cant even imagine what this place would be like. I'll bet it would be one of the best and most intelligent places to discuss Bills football on all the interwebs...

A guy can wish....

Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to post this! The amazing thing is you didn’t even have to edit your response, it looks like you did it all in one breath. Nice job! Speaking of Diggs I LOVE his play but personally I don’t like him. Respond with something about that, I’d love to hear your take unless of course you’re too busy.

• Vomit 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

You think his posing is compromising his ability to "run through defenders"?  

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

No. Josh is the toughest QB I have ever seen in my life. I just think he looks ridiculous posing like the way he does. 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Tipster19 said:

No. Josh is the toughest QB I have ever seen in my life. I just think he looks ridiculous posing like the way he does. 

Jim Kelly is right there with him in the toughness department. Jim played in an era where defenses could knock the **** out of you and not have to worry about a penalty.

Just now, Tipster19 said:

So your point isn't about commercial success and if its a distraction from football.  For clarity you should retitle the thread "I don't like Josh's poses and clothes!"

4 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to post this! The amazing thing is you didn’t even have to edit your response, it looks like you did it all in one breath. Nice job! Speaking of Diggs I LOVE his play but personally I don’t like him. Respond with something about that, I’d love to hear your take unless of course you’re too busy.

typical tipster lol

taking 2 or 3 sentences someone just told him and parroting it back...

'you smell bad'

'Ya? YOU SMELL BADDER'

FWIW, I wasn't ACTUALLY asking your thoughts on Diggs...

I thought it was pretty clear that was dripping in rhetorical rhetoric.

My bad, I'll try to be more clear next time..

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

So your point isn't about commercial success and if its a distraction from football.  For clarity you should retitle the thread "I don't like Josh's poses and clothes!"

This is one time I have to agree with you sir.

3 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

typical tipster lol

taking 2 or 3 sentences someone just told him and parroting it back...

'you smell bad'

'Ya? YOU SMELL BADDER'

No, I was just responding to your ramble without calling you names. 

10 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

But again, he is a superstar filthy rich face of a franchise qb.

In what world does ANYONE care, let alone HIM, what your personal thoughts on the matter are?

Its like the selfawareness is non-existant. Everyone else seemed to think they could get through their day just fine with out coming here to dump on their QBs fashion sense. Like what is this post really even talking about here? Getting tackled easier because the dude put some thought into how he looks?

The 1st name basis of his girlfriend and then the presumed take on their relationship is a bit of a weird look too....

Edited by gobills1212
  • Eyeroll 1

I don't care what Allen does, what his social life is like or who he's dating. I'm hoping he took a bit of time and made it out to Jordan Palmer...but it's his life.

On another note I see a lot of people that were quick to  bag on Baker Mayfield for endorsements and social life defending Josh. Kinda funny actually.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.