PFF Draft Grade for Bills

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What’s funny is almost every mock I did I drafted Williams in the 4th. But my initial reaction was negative. It’s probably because Simpson almost fell to us.

My initial reaction was negative too.. given last years third round pick..  confidence must not be too high 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What’s funny is almost every mock I did I drafted Williams in the 4th. But my initial reaction was negative. It’s probably because Simpson almost fell to us.

At least you have enough self awareness to understand what may be causing your initial negativity.

We just don’t know until they get into live game action what they picks will become, Milano is a great example.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, julian said:

At least you have enough self awareness to understand what may be causing your initial negativity.

We just don’t know until they get into live game action what they picks will become, Milano is a great example.

The draft is 100% hot takes. Pure emotion. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

My initial reaction was negative too.. given last years third round pick..  confidence must not be too high 

Is LB gonna be our new miss pick? That last few years it was gettin marginal RBs. I guess we’ve switched that to LB. Hopefully

im wrong 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Our any of his thirds over the prior three drafts.  

21 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

So do I. His instincts just pop off the screen, huge wingspan,  I think we got our future LB. 

Agree. I get the skepticism due to Bernard but this guy can play. I've grown to love the pick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, julian said:

I knew Milano would be good.  Just an oddity, but he was coached by Don Brown at BC, who had the #1 defense in the country at the time and then went on to be the DC at Michigan, which is my alma mater and the one college football team I follow very closely.  Brown's defense is keyed by a hybrid safety/linebacker that he calls the "Viper" and it's usually one of the best athletes on the defense.  Given that Milano was the Viper at BC on the nation's #1 defense, I figured he'd be a good player and was thrilled when the Bills got him in the 5th round.  After Brown got to Michigan, he made Jabril Peppers his Viper there and Peppers was a first round NFL draft pick by the Browns, then got traded to the Giants in the OBJ trade and is now with the Patriots.  Milano has turned out to be the better NFL player, but probably because he's a little bit bigger and playing OLB rather than Safety (Peppers is a Safety).  I have no idea if our new LB from Tulane will be any good and I'm no great forecaster of NFL talent - it's just a coincidence that I knew about Milano coming in.  That said, it's fun to be right once in a while.  I also wanted the Bills to draft Josh Rosen, so there's that (remember, he was the most "NFL ready" of the QBs that year).

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I knew Milano would be good.  Just an oddity, but he was coached by Don Brown at BC, who had the #1 defense in the country at the time and then went on to be the DC at Michigan, which is my alma mater and the one college football team I follow very closely.  Brown's defense is keyed by a hybrid safety/linebacker that he calls the "Viper" and it's usually one of the best athletes on the defense.  Given that Milano was the Viper at BC on the nation's #1 defense, I figured he'd be a good player and was thrilled when the Bills got him in the 5th round.  After Brown got to Michigan, he made Jabril Peppers his Viper there and Peppers was a first round NFL draft pick by the Browns, then got traded to the Giants in the OBJ trade and is now with the Patriots.  Milano has turned out to be the better NFL player, but probably because he's a little bit bigger and playing OLB rather than Safety (Peppers is a Safety).  I have no idea if our new LB from Tulane will be any good and I'm no great forecaster of NFL talent - it's just a coincidence that I knew about Milano coming in.  That said, it's fun to be right once in a while.  I also wanted the Bills to draft Josh Rosen, so there's that (remember, he was the most "NFL ready" of the QBs that year).

Good on you for having more insight than the average fan on Milano. You said you knew he’d be good but nowhere did I see an all pro prediction. The Bills got lucky along with excellent coaching that he became one of the best LB in football.

I also wanted Rosen when the Bills were on the clock. I hope Williams is a home run pick, he certainly has all the physical tools.

2 hours ago, julian said:

Good on you for having more insight than the average fan on Milano. You said you knew he’d be good but nowhere did I see an all pro prediction. The Bills got lucky along with excellent coaching that he became one of the best LB in football.

I also wanted Rosen when the Bills were on the clock. I hope Williams is a home run pick, he certainly has all the physical tools.

And as an avid Michigan fan, I used to say about Tom Brady "this guy is going to be a great NFL quarterback."  In college, he was AUTOMATIC on 3rd down, no matter the situation.  He just had an "it" factor, playing his best in important moments, yet his coach Lloyd Carr platooned him with Drew Henson in Brady's senior year.  Henson was a 5-star, all-world recruit and threated to leave if he didn't play, so Brady got screwed out of playing time he deserved.  Henson went on to play briefly for the Cowboys, and played some baseball for the Yankess, but ultimately flamed out as a professional athlete, and last I heard, he was a scout for the Yankees.

Did I think Brady woudl be in the GOAT conversation?  Of course not, I just thought he'd be a very good NFL starter.  Same with Milano.  Did I think he'd be a very good NFL starting LB?  Yes.  Did I think he'd be a first-team All-Pro?  No.

So my hunches were generally correct about Brady and Milano, but I also thought Josh Rosen would be a good one.  I knew Aaron Maybin would be a bust (as did most of us), but thought JP Losman was going to be a really good player (the next Brett Favre?).  I've had my hits and misses.  I have not sent my resume to any NFL teams.  Sometimes it's just entertaining to see how certain guys that you have hunches on turn out.  I'd find it interesting to hear stories on players that others on this board had hunches about and how they turned out.  I always think about the guy who screamed to the high heavens on this board that the Bills should draft Patrick Mahomes and that Mahomes was going to be great.  I tuned him out at the time, but looking back, I tip my hat to him.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

And as an avid Michigan fan, I used to say about Tom Brady "this guy is going to be a great NFL quarterback."  In college, he was AUTOMATIC on 3rd down, no matter the situation.  He just had an "it" factor, playing his best in important moments, yet his coach Lloyd Carr platooned him with Drew Henson in Brady's senior year.  Henson was a 5-star, all-world recruit and threated to leave if he didn't play, so Brady got screwed out of playing time he deserved.  Henson went on to play briefly for the Cowboys, and played some baseball for the Yankess, but ultimately flamed out as a professional athlete, and last I heard, he was a scout for the Yankees.

Did I think Brady woudl be in the GOAT conversation?  Of course not, I just thought he'd be a very good NFL starter.  Same with Milano.  Did I think he'd be a very good NFL starting LB?  Yes.  Did I think he'd be a first-team All-Pro?  No.

So my hunches were generally correct about Brady and Milano, but I also thought Josh Rosen would be a good one.  I knew Aaron Maybin would be a bust (as did most of us), but thought JP Losman was going to be a really good player (the next Brett Favre?).  I've had my hits and misses.  I have not sent my resume to any NFL teams.  Sometimes it's just entertaining to see how certain guys that you have hunches on turn out.  I'd find it interesting to hear stories on players that others on this board had hunches about and how they turned out.  I always think about the guy who screamed to the high heavens on this board that the Bills should draft Patrick Mahomes and that Mahomes was going to be great.  I tuned him out at the time, but looking back, I tip my hat to him.

Yeah I totally understand where you’re coming from, I don’t watch college football so I stay away from uneducated predictions but I certainly have my wish list based on 2 months of pre draft player evaluations provided by those who do work.

Darnold

Mayfield

Rosen

Allen

Jackson

that was my wish list in order, so you can easily see my Player evaluation skills lol

40 minutes ago, julian said:

Yeah I totally understand where you’re coming from, I don’t watch college football so I stay away from uneducated predictions but I certainly have my wish list based on 2 months of pre draft player evaluations provided by those who do work.

Darnold

Mayfield

Rosen

Allen

Jackson

that was my wish list in order, so you can easily see my Player evaluation skills lol

So you are a wrong Josh guy!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.