Matt Araiza

SCBills

2 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

He still admitted to having sex with an underage girl. And he alibi for not being part of the ***** was:

“Gilleon told CBS8 in San Diego that the witness on whom prosecutors based their opinion that Araiza was not present during the alleged gang rape was a “buddy.””

Got it. Case closed. 

How is her lawyer saying something which may or may not be true…..and possibly leaving other details out, better than his lawyer doing the same type of thing?  I can’t be confident I KNOW much about this case but I KNOW they both have idiots for lawyers.

Just now, HappyDays said:

She actually did not. If you read the allegation to the letter, she accuses his teammates of raping her, not Araiza himself. She says he "threw her onto the bed" but never directly accuses him of participating in the alleged gang rape. Her attorney just used Araiza's name to draw attention to the complaint. But he chose his words very carefully.

Words like “final” and “absolutely” have nuanced meanings to Doc.

On 5/8/2023 at 7:43 PM, HappyDays said:

Hopefully he gets his career back at least. He'll never be a Bill, but some NFL team should give him a shot.

He won't be now. But who knows in the future?

He lost at least a full year, was smeared and some of it will remain, the Bills lost a 6th round draft pick for nothing.

27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

She actually did not. If you read the allegation to the letter, she accuses his teammates of raping her, not Araiza himself. She says he "threw her onto the bed" but never directly accuses him of participating in the alleged gang rape. Her attorney just used Araiza's name to draw attention to the complaint. But he chose his words very carefully.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/matt-araiza-rape-lawsuit-buffalo-bills.html

"In the lawsuit she accused the men, including Araiza, of raping her for about an hour and a half before she “stumbled out of the room bloody and crying.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Are you serious with this crap? Yeah, the Bills should have had stood by a rookie punter who had a rape charge hanging over his head when they were SB contenders. That definitely won’t have been a distraction. For a punter. Brilliant!

Guess why the Steelers stood by Big Rape when got accused (thank god he didn’t kneel!)? Because he’s a star qb. No team with a brain is standing by a punter with that charge. Is it right l? Hell no, but it absolutely idiotic to blame the Bills for not wanting to deal with the headache. For a punter. 

Your probably one of those pieces of ***** screaming from the roof top saying he is guilty before any chargers where filed or if any chargers be filed

16 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

can he not be in the AFC east please?   

the "punt g-d" is amazing.  never seen anything like that one he popped in PS last year.  

With respect…Does it really matter if he ends up in the Division?

he is a punter… not 30 yr old Tom Brady…

On 5/9/2023 at 8:44 AM, streetkings01 said:

It’ll get overlooked……people will still refer to him as a rapist…..once your labeled it’s no shaking it even if your found innocent.

Yeah, some people will overlook it. And plenty more never heard about the crime.

And yeah, you can shake a label. Perhaps not completely. But you can. Ray Lewis is a damn good example.

It's a shame, what happened. But bad stuff happens to plenty of people. Araiza is hardly alone. He'll get past it, if he's tough, which seems to be the case.

Good luck to him. I wish him a good career and a good life.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Doc said:

https://www.nytimes.com/article/matt-araiza-rape-lawsuit-buffalo-bills.html

"In the lawsuit she accused the men, including Araiza, of raping her for about an hour and a half before she “stumbled out of the room bloody and crying.”

Lol you saw the original report when it came out.  A year later NYT misrepresents what was alleged in it and you rely on that?  Geez dude.

21 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

The teams don’t care about the pending civil suit, but Ariaza should.  You know her lawyer will be after every penny of his contract regardless of the validity of accusation.  

I think teams care about PR, optics and distractions.  So, my thinking is that there is still potential crap to come from a civil trial that could hurt Matt's employment status and a 6th round punter is not worthy of a team suffering any media mayhem.  I think teams do care, just surprised that the Jets don't see a risk here.

12 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I think teams do care, just surprised that the Jets don't see a risk here.

Big market team.  Yet Jets don't even have a majority of their fans in any county in US. Lots of other distractions. The Jets are a band of mercenaries. Jets are like the Wagner Group, not an organization where prayer vigils are held for the owner that attempts to care about character.

MA still found a way to put himself into this awkward situation...

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol you saw the original report when it came out.  A year later NYT misrepresents what was alleged in it and you rely on that?  Geez dude.

You may be right but I'll wait for the civil trial to see what they're specifically alleging.  Most everyone was (purposefully) led to believe that he participated in the gang rape beyond just leading her into the house and throwing her on the bed.  And the girl and her attorney have never denied that part.  But it still doesn't mean she isn't a liar and loser for trying to nail him for statutory rape as well as for claiming he gave her a beer, drugged her and took her into the house for the purpose of being gang raped.

Edited by Doc

On 5/24/2023 at 2:09 PM, quinnearlysghost88 said:

He still admitted to having sex with an underage girl.

Stop with this disingenuous language. There is a big, big difference between saying (as you allege he did), "I admit to having sex with an underage girl" and "I had sex with a girl at a college party; I was told she was of legal age." The latter, of course, is not punishable by law.

On 5/24/2023 at 2:50 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean if he admitted to having sex with underage girl, I don’t know how I’d be rooting for the guy. 

Omg here it is again

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

Matt Araiza plans to sue the plaintiff's lawyer for defamation and will not settle the lawsuit. In addition, plaintiff's lawyer Dan Gilleon will presss forward with his lawsuit and says Araiza is responsible even if he wasn't there:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.