Matt Araiza

SCBills

28 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

He still admitted to having sex with an underage girl. And he alibi for not being part of the ***** was:

“Gilleon told CBS8 in San Diego that the witness on whom prosecutors based their opinion that Araiza was not present during the alleged gang rape was a “buddy.””

Got it. Case closed. 

He’s not charged with anything and it doesn’t seem he’s going to be charged with anything. 

2 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

What? If you sign a player, he can't negotiate with other teams. I think he would quickly get poached off the PS and as for returning to Buffalo, that ship has probably sailed.

Figured if there was an exception to the rule this could be it.  but i understand.

4 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I suspected that the pending civil suit would prevent any team from signing him at this point.  There could be details that come from it which might lead to a bad PR situation at the very least. Different rules for 6th round punters vs. franchise QBs and all was my thinking.   So it is interesting to me that the Jets are giving him a shot now even though that means I was wrong.

I doubt he has any real grounds for a lawsuit against the nfl. No player is guaranteed employment in the league regardless of their talent.  He could have a lawsuit a gainst the accuser as he was proven to have left that location before the incident took place so could not have assaulted the girl.  He gets to choose what teams he will tryout for basically getting a early shot at being a free agent while not failing to impress with his punting skills.  Maybe he's always been a Jets fan or they were one team that offered him a shot to compete for a roster spot.  Hope he does well except of course when he plays against the Bills if he does land a spit on any other nfl team. 

It’s a punter. 

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Why are you so keen on rooting for Arazia to be a rapist? That's what I don't understand about people in your camp.

I mean if he admitted to having sex with underage girl, I don’t know how I’d be rooting for the guy. 

but if they prove that girl lied, she definitely should face charges and lawsuits.

3 minutes ago, Billsfan777 said:

I hope he destroys the bills for not standing behind a innocent man an letting the media mob pressure them in releasing him

Are you serious with this crap? Yeah, the Bills should have had stood by a rookie punter who had a rape charge hanging over his head when they were SB contenders. That definitely won’t have been a distraction. For a punter. Brilliant!

Guess why the Steelers stood by Big Rape when got accused (thank god he didn’t kneel!)? Because he’s a star qb. No team with a brain is standing by a punter with that charge. Is it right l? Hell no, but it absolutely idiotic to blame the Bills for not wanting to deal with the headache. For a punter. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Good yes, but Martin doesn't have a leg that can flip the field which Araiza can, toss in the latter likely be cheaper. 

Here are 2 reasons why the Bills wouldn't have re-signed Araiza;

1) Martin got a lot of money & it would be a dead cap hit of $2,265,000 if he got cut before playing this season.  So at least for 2023 he's the punter.  

https://overthecap.com/player/sam-martin/2246

2) Martin is a proven veteran holder.  Araiza is still a question mark as a holder.   

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude whatever.  You stated something that was 100% false.  Own it.  It doesn’t really matter how many people believed it.  It was false.

The only demonstrated fact about the Haack cut is that Haack was no longer a viable option for the Bills.  ALL of the rest is speculation/probables.  I could list some probables that refute yours but there really isn’t a point,  The probables I’d list actually came to pass….admittedly with the benefit of having hindsight….but your probables, stated as facts by you, proved untrue.

In this thread I am frustrated that he is making me agree with you.  I stress that it only in this thread and I will not be coming around on your assertion that “the deflator” is a common weight loss nickname.

Congrats.  You have WEO.  I have everyone else.  Have fun with that.

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean if he admitted to having sex with underage girl, I don’t know how I’d be rooting for the guy. 

but if they prove that girl lied, she definitely should face charges and lawsuits

He admitted to having sex with her but in California it is defensible if you believed the girl was at the age of consent.

She didn't lie about Araiza possibly gang raping her. In fact she didn't even accuse him of that. That is a narrative the media chose to run with because that's the clickbait world we exist in now.

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He admitted to having sex with her but in California it is defensible if you believed the girl was at the age of consent.

She didn't lie about Araiza possibly gang raping her. In fact she didn't even accuse him of that. That is a narrative the media chose to run with because that's the clickbait world we exist in now.

Huh?  She absolutely accused him and 2 of his teammates of raping her.  She also suggested he roofied her.

37 minutes ago, Billsfan777 said:

I hope he destroys the bills for not standing behind a innocent man an letting the media mob pressure them in releasing him

Is this Araiza's agent?

Edited by Draconator
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Why let facts get in the way of opinion? Posters here made up their mind well before the night in question. 

• Simon changed the title to Matt Araiza Update (working out with NYJ)
31 minutes ago, Doc said:

She absolutely accused him and 2 of his teammates of raping her. 

She actually did not. If you read the allegation to the letter, she accuses his teammates of raping her, not Araiza himself. She says he "threw her onto the bed" but never directly accuses him of participating in the alleged gang rape. Her attorney just used Araiza's name to draw attention to the complaint. But he chose his words very carefully.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.