Matt Araiza

SCBills

I suspected that the pending civil suit would prevent any team from signing him at this point.  There could be details that come from it which might lead to a bad PR situation at the very least. Different rules for 6th round punters vs. franchise QBs and all was my thinking.   So it is interesting to me that the Jets are giving him a shot now even though that means I was wrong.

13 hours ago, Doc said:

I told you before that Gilleon is hoping for a jury of people like you, who believed the allegations and that he was guilty from the outset, who don't care about the facts of the case.  There is simply no other explanation for him to continue this charade with such a loser of a case.  And if the judgment goes against Araiza, teams likely shy away because the court of public opinion will lead to a team that signed him prematurely getting "heat" as you came around to above.

I've acknowledged, since the DAs announcement, that he's been cleared.  I've said it in many posts.  So you're wrong again.

An entire jury will ignore the facts of the case??  Is the OJ jury hiring out as a group these days?!

I don't think a defense attorney will let such a jury be seated doc.  He would do well to pool his choices from the PPP crew..

Anyway, maybe the NFL just wasn't as completely blown away as you were by Araiza's single pro punt......

23 minutes ago, nucci said:

why is it very interesting?

Because it’s a punter, and for some reason Bills fans are obsessed with punters. Sorry, lots of Bills fans (not myself as I’m not insane enough to care about the least important position on any field at any time).

10 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Me too but I wish the Bills had tried first. 

Yeah, punters. He’d totally be worth another couple of wins.

Or nowhere near that because he’s a punter.

Seemed pretty unlikely, but was hoping the Bills would kick the tires on one of their draft picks to compete for a spot like last year. Don’t get me wrong - I like what Sam Martin did last year and he’s probably the better punter to have right now based on the part of the field they’ll most likely be punting from, but he’s no spring chicken. 

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Final roster is a term with a definition.  Araiza did not make the final roster.  Had you used the words “would have made”;you could make your case, but even then it would be opinion.  Haack got cut.  This means Araiza was beat Haack.  That’s it.

It is possible, even likely, that the Bills thought the SDSU matter was settled.  It was also possible that they simply let Haack go and still had concerns about Araiza.  Maybe the Carolina preseason game was a final audition.  When they did let him go it wasn’t exactly difficult finding a new punter who was a known quantity.

"Would have made" was always implied.  And your "maybe the Carolina preseason game was a final audition" is your opinion.

52 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I've acknowledged, since the DAs announcement, that he's been cleared.  I've said it in many posts.  So you're wrong again.

An entire jury will ignore the facts of the case??  Is the OJ jury hiring out as a group these days?!

I don't think a defense attorney will let such a jury be seated doc.  He would do well to pool his choices from the PPP crew..

Anyway, maybe the NFL just wasn't as completely blown away as you were by Araiza's single pro punt......

The Bills, a SB favorite, were.  And don't look now, but the Jets are working him out...

Edited by Doc

52 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I hope he make the Jets and leads the NFL in punting.  And against Buffalo I hope he averages 50 yards a kick for the 20 punts he launches in those 2 games.

I would also add in those two games hopefully we get a blocked punt or two returned for a TD or a punt return for a TD.

33 minutes ago, BritBill said:

The Jets have just re-turfed their pitch which is good for Araiza as he likes playing on fields with no grass. 

The accuser is into Brazilian waxing?  Never heard that bit...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.