Matt Araiza

SCBills

57 minutes ago, muppy said:

That lawyer is a scummy one. Very scummy. I wouldn't believe him if his tongue came notorized . SLEAZY

and me saying "make the team I meant final roster/practice squad 

for all intents and purposes he made the team 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but he did make the final roster.  He had that promising performance in the 3rd pre-season game and the Bills released Haack the following Monday.

Your definition of “final roster” is only slightly better than Tim Graham’s definition of “direct quote”.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

for all intents and purposes he made the team 

I don't understand the bolded. I'm not trying to be difficult.  Do you mean a 6h round draft pick (Araiza) was a fait accompli to make the final roster?  Or by virtue of he being drafted by the Bills he had "made the team"

EDIT: okay I get it now. Thanks. 

Edited by muppy

32 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Your definition of “final roster” is only slightly better than Tim Graham’s definition of “direct quote”.

Yes because after cutting Haack, they were going to cut Araiza with just 2-1/2 weeks left before the season opener.  Good one. :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, muppy said:

I don't understand the bolded. I'm not trying to be difficult.  Do you mean a 6h round draft pick (Araiza) was a fait accompli to make the final roster?  Or by virtue of he being drafted by the Bills he had "made the team"

EDIT: okay I get it now. Thanks. 

no one in their right mind thought the day before news broke that there was any chance he wouldn’t make it.

They had a 2 man battle, cut the other guy 2 weeks before the season, and weren’t bringing in anyone else for auditions even. You can quibble over the date rosters lock to the regular season 53, but he was selected to be the punter of the bills when they cut haack

Edited by NoSaint

10 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

no one in their right mind thought the day before news broke that there was any chance he wouldn’t make it.

They had a 2 man battle, cut the other guy 2 weeks before the season, and weren’t bringing in anyone else for auditions even. You can quibble over the date rosters lock to the regular season 53, but he was selected to be the punter of the bills when they cut haack

who is quibbling geesh. I forgot they had cut Haack . Sue me SMH

Edited by muppy

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Yes because after cutting Haack, they were going to cut Araiza with just 2-1/2 weeks left before the season opener.  Good one. :rolleyes:

Final roster is a term with a definition.  Araiza did not make the final roster.  Had you used the words “would have made”;you could make your case, but even then it would be opinion.  Haack got cut.  This means Araiza was beat Haack.  That’s it.

It is possible, even likely, that the Bills thought the SDSU matter was settled.  It was also possible that they simply let Haack go and still had concerns about Araiza.  Maybe the Carolina preseason game was a final audition.  When they did let him go it wasn’t exactly difficult finding a new punter who was a known quantity.

• BillsFanThru-N-Thru changed the title to Per Adam Schefter - Jets to bring in Matt Araiza for a workout

No surprise there

Did Aaron give his blessing? Will he need a week in a dark isolation chamber to contemplate the ramification of switching punters? Will the New York/Jersey media leave the story be or will they make it a season long story that serves as a distraction? Will Lazard get "hit in the gonads" again today? Will Saleh FINALLY reveal the secret to how he gets his head so shiny? 

All this and MORE on the next episode of "J-E-S-T SUCK SUCK SUCK"

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I know we have sam martin but little surprised the Bills didnt sign him and allow him to still negotiate with other teams (maybe NFL doesnt have a process for that either).  Maybe it was offered and declined.  But at least he could be on PS.  not as good as being a starting punter but start to give back some of what was lost.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.