Matt Araiza

SCBills

11 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I’m not suggesting “going after them.” I’m not saying people should be shamed or abused, demand they make public apologies, or anything else that’s been advocated for in this thread and elsewhere. All I said was that sort of thinking should be questioned and not waved away as just human nature when the consequences faced by people who are wrongly accused of serious crimes are real and lasting.

The alternative is telling the accuser to prove it. It’s also a harsh reaction towards the accuser.

The public just shouldn’t be involved at all until charges are filed.

18 hours ago, boyst said:

You should not blame the bills, they only did what the so-called "public" wanted. 

The way I was told to think of the public in a marketing class will stick with me. "Think of the dumbest person you know. Half of the people in this world are equal or less than that person in intelligence and choices"

Sadly, they are the loudest voices and cause the most trouble. I wish stupid would hurt. 

Your marketing teacher must have been a George Carlin fan because that’s right out of one of his routines. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Your marketing teacher must have been a George Carlin fan because that’s right out of one of his routines. 

Haha. Must have been. I never put the two of those together but yeah I never realized that they were both the same schtick. 

He was a good professor 

• Like (+1) 1

“Holds nothing against the Buffalo Bills,” adding that he “wishes things were handled a little differently but [the Bills] did treat him with respect.”

Very tough situation. Class organization. Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

“Holds nothing against the Buffalo Bills,” adding that he “wishes things were handled a little differently but [the Bills] did treat him with respect.”

Very tough situation. Class organization. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boyst said:

Haha. Must have been. I never put the two of those together but yeah I never realized that they were both the same schtick. 

He was a good professor 

So plagiarists make good professors now???  You are NOT a process guy!

• Haha (+1) 2

On 5/8/2023 at 7:52 PM, SCBills said:

Yea, I don’t fault Beane at all.  The public pressure (and likely internal NFL pressure) was too much.  

You could tell Beane felt torn up inside to have to let Arazia go. 

If only the NFL had a list they can place players on that are pending legal investigation to remove them from the active roster and keep them secure in their job. Maybe the Commissioner can head that up.

In all seriousness, with the rising amount of NFL players that are either legitimately in trouble with the law or are accused pending criminal investigation, it may be time that the NFL considers placing guys under investigation on an exempt list and letting the legal stuff work out before expecting a team to cut them or, like Watson with Houston...send him home all year with pay.

Kinda gross that he did an interview with someone like Tomi Lahren but for the most part he took the high road. 

I though Beanes comments when they cut him though were supportive. He hinted that he believed Matt and that he needed to put his full focus into dealing with the accusations. 

The ugly parts are the false accusations and what men go through when it comes to them. On the flip side, it can also unfairly  make a woman who’s actually been abused or raped look like she’s crying wolf because of frauds like this one. 

It sucks all around. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Dislike 3

51 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

If only the NFL had a list they can place players on that are pending legal investigation to remove them from the active roster and keep them secure in their job. Maybe the Commissioner can head that up.

In all seriousness, with the rising amount of NFL players that are either legitimately in trouble with the law or are accused pending criminal investigation, it may be time that the NFL considers placing guys under investigation on an exempt list and letting the legal stuff work out before expecting a team to cut them or, like Watson with Houston...send him home all year with pay.

Araiza wasn't eligible for the list apparently. Loophole for rookies with zero accrued seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

By contractual agreement with the NFLPA, the NFL can NOT discipline a player for actions that took place before he was drafted or signed.

That includes putting him on the Commissioner's Exempt List.

Said list and its use are durn falutin' vague, but the league seems to be trending towards using it only for players who have been arrested or who face criminal charges, vs. players who are facing a civil suit or players who are being investigated (but have not been arrested or charged) for a possible crime.

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Araiza wasn't eligible for the list apparently. Loophole for rookies with zero accrued seasons.

The "loophole" isn't for based on accrued seasons or rookie status. 

The distinction is between actions that take place after the player is drafted/signed vs. before the player is drafted/signed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Kinda gross that he did an interview with someone like Tomi Lahren but for the most part he took the high road. 

I though Beanes comments when they cut him though were supportive. He hinted that he believed Matt and that he needed to put his full focus into dealing with the accusations. 

The ugly parts are the false accusations and what men go through when it comes to them. On the flip side, it can also unfairly  make a woman who’s actually been abused or raped look like she’s crying wolf because of frauds like this one. 

It sucks all around. 

What does that have to do with anything?

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Bills had no choice, it's a shame this is the political climate we are currently in. He would've likely been like Bass as our kicker, our punter for the next decade +

If this was Josh Allen, the Bills would have let it play out.

But Araiza was a draft afterthought who never played a down in an essentially insignificant position who was quickly, easily and satisfactorily replaced.  

He had no value to the team.  That's not politics.  No other team wants him either--they didn't draft him nor have they invited him after he was cleared.  Who cares?  

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If this was Josh Allen, the Bills would have let it play out.

But Araiza was a draft afterthought who never played a down in an essentially insignificant position who was quickly, easily and satisfactorily replaced.  

He had no value to the team.  That's not politics.  No other team wants him either--they didn't draft him nor have they invited him after he was cleared.  Who cares?  

Araiza was drafted - how does that make him a draft afterthought? 

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Araiza was drafted - how does that make him a draft afterthought? 

If he wasn't drafted, he couldn't be a draft afterthought---7th round,  230 guys were drafted before him.  He wasn't the 1st or even the 2nd Punter drafted--2 better guys were drafted in the 4th.    

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If he wasn't drafted, he couldn't be a draft afterthought---7th round,  230 guys were drafted before him.  He wasn't the 1st or even the 2nd Punter drafted--2 better guys were drafted in the 4th.    

You're losing me - a quick google of the definition of afterthought definition: an item or thing that is thought of or added later.  Calling a guy that got drafted a draft afterthought makes no sense to me. BTW, 6th round, 180th overall, no?

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

You're losing me - a quick google of the definition of afterthought definition: an item or thing that is thought of or added later.  Calling a guy that got drafted a draft afterthought makes no sense to me. BTW, 6th round, 180th overall, no?

You're right, 6th round.  

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

You're right, 6th round.  

Yippee for me. IMO, that minor point doesn't diminish your overall thoughts on the matter - but I'm still at a loss over the draft afterthought comment.  Putting that aside - can you comment further on your assertion that "No other team wants him either".  How do you know this? More to the point, are you claiming that no team will ever sign him?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.