Matt Araiza

SCBills

6 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

Good break down here 

That was horrible.  It looked like he just saw the headline and was reading the rest on air in real time.  The guy couldn't even say Araiza correctly and didn't know that in California being lied to about age is a valid defense for having sex with a minor.

Edited by Doc

23 hours ago, mjw11 said:

This one won't embed but here is a third interview. Good job for him not willing to settle out of court. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFVVJshS1BM&ab_channel=ABC10News

He’s doing an interview with Tomi Lahren on Outkick in a few minutes. 

Bills portion:

Doesnt blame the Bills.  Says he wishes it would’ve been handled differently, but they treated him with respect, however in the end the allegations were just too much for them to deal with. 

Also says that the Bills were in on all the evidence and interactions with his lawyer for about a month before he was cut.  Again, in the end, the allegations just became too much for them to deal with. 

Edited by SCBills

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He’s doing an interview with Tomi Lahren on Outkick in a few minutes. 

Bills portion:

Doesnt blame the Bills.  Says he wishes it would’ve been handled differently, but they treated him with respect, however in the end the allegations were just too much for them to deal with. 

Also says that the Bills were in on all the evidence and interactions with his lawyer for about a month before he was cut.  Again, in the end, the allegations just became too much for them to deal with. 

You should not blame the bills, they only did what the so-called "public" wanted. 

The way I was told to think of the public in a marketing class will stick with me. "Think of the dumbest person you know. Half of the people in this world are equal or less than that person in intelligence and choices"

Sadly, they are the loudest voices and cause the most trouble. I wish stupid would hurt. 

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Some call them dumb, I call them human. Humans are emotional by nature. 

There is no reason why anyone should’ve known Araiza was under investigation. The system is set up to support cancel culture. There is an easy fix and no one seems to be interested in fixing it. Seal all the names until charges are filed.

These investigations can take over a year. How is someone supposed to continue living their life while being publicly investigated for sexual assault?

I generally agree with your idea of sealing names of accused (and alleged victims) at least until criminal charges are filed. That would require a major change in public records law however, and would definitely not be an “easy” fix. You would have to change rules for civil pleadings as well. That’s how this news got out remember. Neither the cops nor the DA leaked he was being investigated - it became news when the civil suit was filed.

As to whether those who jump to judgment immediately upon hearing allegations like this are dumb or simply emotional, I think it’s pretty fair to say people who simply believe someone they’ve never met about something they weren’t there themselves to see are, in fact, pretty frigging dumb. Or at least mind numbingly naive. 

Edited by JoPoy88

19 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I generally agree with your idea of sealing names of accused (and alleged victims) at least until criminal charges are filed. That would require a major change in public records law however, and would definitely not be an “easy” fix. You would have to change rules for civil pleadings as well. That’s how this news got out remember. Neither the cops nor the DA leaked he was being investigated - it became news when the civil suit was filed.

As to whether those who jump to judgment immediately upon hearing allegations like this are dumb or simply emotional, I think it’s pretty fair to say people who simply believe someone they’ve never met about something they weren’t there themselves to see are, in fact, pretty frigging dumb. Or at least mind numbingly naive. 

I’ve asked this question several times. If your daughter or sister came to you and said she was raped what would your reaction be? Would you tell her that you need to hear the guys story first or would you immediately believe her story?

Social media is pushing support for the accuser. The reason is because many sexual assaults don’t get reported or they get dismissed. Many people have close relationships with people that have been sexually assaulted. Social media is trying to make it easier for people to come forward after being sexually assaulted. Understandable, but lives can be ruined if someone lied about it.

The laws have to change to protect all involved because people do lie. Waiting for the facts to come out in these cases is very difficult. Sometimes the facts are never known. There’s some people that still don’t believe Araiza is innocent even though he won’t be charged. They have to change the laws when it comes to sexual assault. If they can seal the accusers name they can seal the accused. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’ve asked this question several times. If your daughter or sister came to you and said she was raped what would your reaction be? Would you tell her that you need to hear the guys story first or would you immediately believe her story?

Social media is pushing support for the accuser. The reason is because many sexual assaults don’t get reported or they get dismissed. Many people have close relationships with people that have been sexually assaulted. 

The laws have to change to protect all involved because people do lie. Waiting for the facts to come out in these cases is very difficult. Sometimes the facts are never known. There’s some people that still don’t believe Araiza is innocent even though he won’t be charged. They have to change the laws when it comes to sexual assault. If they can seal the accusers name they can seal the accused. 

My daughter or sister would be people I personally know very well. So of course I would believe them. Not the same thing as people reading about these allegations on twitter from an unnamed accuser that they don’t know from Adam and immediately condemning the accused.

4 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

My daughter or sister would be people I personally know very well. So of course I would believe them. Not the same thing as people reading about these allegations on twitter from an unnamed accuser that they don’t know from Adam and immediately condemning the accused.

Most people hear something like rape and immediately react how they would if it were someone close to them.

Also many people have been through or know someone that has been through this situation. It’s very traumatic on both sides. So their reactions are biased. Again, it’s human. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Most people hear something like rape and immediately react how they would if it were someone close to them.

Also many people have been through or know someone that has been through this situation. It’s very traumatic on both sides. So their reactions are biased. Again, it’s human. 

Sure I agree with that; it is human. It’s human weakness and irrational bias. Not something that should just be allowed to exist without questioning it.

14 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Sure I agree with that; it is human. It’s human weakness and irrational bias. Not something that should just be allowed to exist without questioning it.

Not sure what you mean by saying it shouldn’t be allowed?

There’s nothing we can do about it but change how these accusations are reported. We can’t stop people from having opinions. 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not sure what you mean by saying it shouldn’t be allowed?

There’s nothing we can do about it but change how these accusations are reported. We can’t stop people from having opinions. 

I’m saying it should not just be waved away without pointing it out and questioning it, that’s all. There are many things we see and hear everyday that are perfectly okay to make snap judgements about. Serious felony charges aren’t one of them. 

Edited by JoPoy88

52 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I’m saying it should not just be waved away without pointing it out and questioning it, that’s all. There are many things we see and hear everyday that are perfectly okay to make snap judgements about. Serious felony charges aren’t one of them. 

Everyone is going to have an opinion. Especially when it involves a celebrity or public figure and it’s all over the news.

I remember when the Kobe news broke when I was a kid. I didn’t believe the accuser simply because Kobe was my favorite basketball player and he was nice on TV. I honestly don’t know anyone that believed Kobe would do something like that.

Going after people for having opinions is kind of backwards thinking. We need to fix it, but that won’t fix anything.

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yes they do.  When I was growing up a fellow student was accused of rape by girl's father.  He denied it but evidence pointed to him including a item of clothing of his.  Girl was adamant on who the attacker was after hours during school event and there were no witnesses.  He was suspended from school (he was on athletic team and scholarship offers both he lost) and her father who was very conservative with his children was very vocal that he be in jail before he was even tried.  He demanded student's family pay for medical costs for abortion was not an option and someone needed to pay for costs of child. The student lost his friends, his siblings were harassed and he finally committed suicide for which girl's father claimed evidence of his guilt.  When baby was born was treated for RH incompatibility and ends up student accused could not be the father.   Pressure from a police investigator resulted the girl admitting deceased boy was not father but a fellow student was and she had a relationship at school but could not tell family since she was forbidder from having a boyfriend or premarital sex.  The true father took item from his gym locker and told her to blame him. He expected the accused boy's father to just pay for his son's transgressions and just keep everything quiet.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Yes they do.  When I was growing up a fellow student was accused of rape by girl's father.  He denied it but evidence pointed to him including an item of clothing of his.  Girl was adamant on who the attacker was after hours during school event and there were no witnesses.  He was suspended from school (he was on athletic team and scholarship offers both he lost) and her father who was very conservative with his children was very vocal that he be in jail before he was even tried.  He demanded student's family pay for medical costs for abortion was not an option and someone needed to pay for costs of child. The student lost his friends, his siblings were harassed and he finally committed suicide for which girl's father claimed evidence of his guilt.  When baby was born was treated for RH incompatibility and ends up student accused could not be the father.   Pressure from a police investigator resulted the girl admitting deceased boy was not father but a fellow student was and she had a relationship at school but could not tell family since she was forbidder from having a boyfriend or premarital sex.  The true father took item from his gym locker and told her to blame him. He expected the accused boy's father to just pay for his son's transgressions and just keep everything quiet.

Horrible. A lot of these stories don’t get told. I remember a similar story that made national news. The boy was in jail. I don’t remember how that ended but I remember seeing the story. He was a highly recruited football player.

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Everyone is going to have an opinion. Especially when it involves a celebrity or public figure and it’s all over the news.

I remember when the Kobe news broke when I was a kid. I didn’t believe the accuser simply because Kobe was my favorite basketball player and he was nice on TV. I honestly don’t know anyone that believed Kobe would do something like that.

Going after people for having opinions is kind of backwards thinking. We need to fix it, but that won’t fix anything.

I’m not suggesting “going after them.” I’m not saying people should be shamed or abused, demand they make public apologies, or anything else that’s been advocated for in this thread and elsewhere. All I said was that sort of thinking should be questioned and not waved away as just human nature when the consequences faced by people who are wrongly accused of serious crimes are real and lasting.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.