Matt Araiza

SCBills

52 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

yes we know now

So, you don't think any of us has enough experience, information, etc to base a solid opinion he was innocent before this information and even prior to December?

Seriously... I'm not surprised or disappointed here because if it was me and I'm wrong I still thump my chest when I'm wrong for the lulz.

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

The people hammering the point about statutory rape are going on like she was a 14 year old at a party with 30 year olds.  An objectively very promiscuous 17 year old at a party of 18-21 year olds is hardly the same thing.  My niece is 13 but passes for 18 with some makeup and her taller stature, so I don't blame the horned up young men at the party for being young and inexperienced enough to not bat an eye when a 17 year old claims to be 18.

Sure, a super aggressive young woman claiming to be exactly legal age SHOULD be a huge red flag, but that's easy for us learned old men to say long after our stupid younger years.

As Beck pointed out a while back these athletes are coached on stuff like this. Even in the early 00's there was MULTIPLE events about understanding the position of a student athlete.  I don't know how all schools are but for the brief time I was a D1 MAC athlete I attended 3 seminars revolving about consent and STD's. Then there was substance abuse, PED education, gambling education, how to deal with attention/being an athlete in a non athlete world. 

These guys do get a lot of prep for how to avoid things like this. And still, many got in trouble but when some did they got out of it because of their athletic background.

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

A couple things:

1.) The prosecutors claim they have witness' they say he left the party before the incident. Her attorney claims that the witnesses are lying to cover for a friend. Pinging his cell phone would clear all of this up, but that hasn't been revealed as of yet. Hopefully it is so there is no question and he is completely exonerated.

2.) Yes, there is video of her acting promiscuous and consenting in other acts. But do we know if there's video of the alleged rape? 

A woman can sleep with multiple guys in the same night and say and do promiscuous things all night long. But that doesn't make her fair game for anything with everyone who wants it for the entire night. She could have consented to things and not consented to others in the same night.

I'm bothered by the whole "she was acting like a sl-t, she obviously asked for it" mentality that's been floating around this thread. 

Wow, ah, wow, so profound, ah wow. Mind blown emoji.

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

The DA did not say that there was evidence via geolocation of Araiza's phone that he had left.  She said that there was witness testimony that Araiza had left.

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

A couple things:

1.) The prosecutors claim they have witness' they say he left the party before the incident. Her attorney claims that the witnesses are lying to cover for a friend. Pinging his cell phone would clear all of this up, but that hasn't been revealed as of yet. Hopefully it is so there is no question and completely exonerated.

2.) Yes, there is video of her acting promiscuous and consenting in other acts. But do we know if there's video of the alleged rape? 

A woman can sleep with multiple guys in the same night and say and do promiscuous things all night long. But that doesn't make her fair game for anything with everyone who wants it for the entire night. She could have consented to things and not consented to others in the same night.

I'm bothered by the whole "she was acting like a sl-t, she obviously asked for it" mentality that's been floating around this thread. 

Another article I linked a couple weeks ago said that Araiza's lawyer is seeking to unseal cell phone tracking data, ostensibly for Araiza as there is no need to track her whereabouts since the only thing that matters is what happened to her in the house, and he wouldn't be doing that if he didn't know Araiza had left the house previously.  So technically you both are correct.  I would still like to see it, but again the witness and Araiza not appearing in any of the videos while the other guys she named (plus more) were, leaves her with zero evidence against him.  Meanwhile the evidence against the other guys couldn't even get a conviction.

13 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

The people hammering the point about statutory rape are going on like she was a 14 year old at a party with 30 year olds.  An objectively very promiscuous 17 year old at a party of 18-21 year olds is hardly the same thing.  My niece is 13 but passes for 18 with some makeup and her taller stature, so I don't blame the horned up young men at the party for being young and inexperienced enough to not bat an eye when a 17 year old claims to be 18.

Sure, a super aggressive young woman claiming to be exactly legal age SHOULD be a huge red flag, but that's easy for us learned old men to say long after our stupid younger years.

And not blaming "horned up young men" but barely hiding your hatred for horned up young women is a huge "red flag," as you might put it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScorpionZero said:

That's really not the issue, one we lost a cost controlled player for 4 years, his talent aside. We had to spend more to replace him and we lost a draft pick. Now I know they said they did there due dlilly, but once social media gotta hold off this they tied our hands.

a sixth round pick?   thats hardly worth crying about.   

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, birdo67 said:

Talking about how your own 13-year-old niece could pass for 18 - you are one sick twist.

Huh?  The point is that underage girls can look legal if they dress up.  It's not a novel concept.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah as really his career is ruined. And hope he can bounce back. How that I am all for the victim and was for the young lady. But also there are two sides to every single story. As the so called "victim" I believed but what if she had in the taken on the sores and did them herself. Know that the story is going to be cleared for a very long time. Just hope young Matt can really move on and have a team on his own. Really if it proves he did not really participate and clear his name officially. Would sue the living daylights out of those that accuse him. Innocent until proven better sadly does not exist in this world. People are very quick to judge.

19 minutes ago, birdo67 said:

Talking about how your own 13-year-old niece could pass for 18 - you are one sick twist.

I don't see anything wrong with his post. He was just making a statement of fact.

3 minutes ago, birdo67 said:

The creeps are really outing themselves in this thread.

Now this is way over the top and unwarranted.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ScorpionZero said:

Do I really have to mention Tom Brady, a pick is a pick especially with the the QBs making as much as they do and the salary cap 

sure but getting a brady is not the norm for the sixth round.  with few exceptions, sixth round picks don't amount to much as only around 10-15% make the roster...

https://en.as.com/nfl/what-percentage-of-drafted-players-make-an-nfl-roster-n/

if araiza was picked in rounds 1-3 than there is definitely an argument about a wasted pick

23 hours ago, chongli said:

Well...I give to over/under to this thread being shut down for not contributing positively to the community here 1.5 days.

Yeah, I am quoting myself, but I still have 0.5 days left to see if this thread gets closed. It's just going to be an endless debate with attacks, accusations, and everyone on both sides getting pissed off. I don't see anything good coming from this thread.

37 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

A couple things:

1.) The prosecutors claim they have witness' they say he left the party before the incident. Her attorney claims that the witnesses are lying to cover for a friend. Pinging his cell phone would clear all of this up, but that hasn't been revealed as of yet. Hopefully it is so there is no question and he is completely exonerated.

2.) Yes, there is video of her acting promiscuous and consenting in other acts. But do we know if there's video of the alleged rape

Yes, there is video that the DA has watched. I'm posting quotes from the articles because it's clearly obvious many are simply too lazy to read them.

“Prosecutors said the footage from the cell phone of the sexual encounters did not suggest any forced behavior. “There’s nothing in the videos that sound like you’re saying ‘stop’ or ‘this hurts’ or anything like that,” Ted Mansour, an investigator for the San Diego County district attorney’s office, said at the meeting.

Prosecutors also said that videos from the bedroom show that her piercings were not ripped at the time and she was not bleeding from any wounds from it. “I don’t see any elements of force being used in the sexual encounters,” Assistant District Attorney Amador said.”

Multiple witnesses at the party heard her saying “I want you to [expletive] me and if you don’t [expletive] me you’re a [expletive].” and you are bothered by the "asking for it mentality?" She wasn't asking for it, she was literally demanding it.

25 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

sure but getting a brady is not the norm for the sixth round.  with few exceptions, sixth round picks don't amount to much as only around 10-15% make the roster...

https://en.as.com/nfl/what-percentage-of-drafted-players-make-an-nfl-roster-n/

if araiza was picked in rounds 1-3 than there is definitely an argument about a wasted pick

I'm not gonna argue with you, because you just don't get it, of course Brady's not the norm, but when was diggs picked and other important players that were picked late, the point is we lost because of social media and the ignorant influencers that cause these types of things to happen. He was guilty the week the accusation happened, because everyone is stuck staring at their phones.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.