Matt Araiza

SCBills

I wonder if there was an option for the Bills to put him on some exempt list to retain his rights while he went through the legal process. If there was not, there should be.

Separate and apart from any football considerations, as I told many people I know back then, wait until all the facts come out. I remember how so many people I know in person, here, and on social media were so convinced that they knew exactly what happened and were willing to hang or exonerate him. Some people were so "certain" of his guilt or innocence there was really no point in talking with those people.

Just now, Peter said:

I wonder if there was an option for the Bills to put him on some exempt list to retain his rights while he went through the legal process. If there was not, there should be.

Separate and apart from any football considerations, as I told many people I know back then, wait until all the facts come out. I remember how so many people I know in person, here, and on social media were so convinced that they knew exactly what happened and were willing to hang or exonerate him. Some people were so "certain" of his guilt or innocence there was really no point in talking with those people.

There wasn't. According to the rules of the Exempt list, if the incident occurred before you became a member of the NFL and before you've played a game in the league, you cannot be put on the Exempt list.

Our options were to keep him or cut him. I thought that was a terrible technicality and another shame in a list of damn shames in this situation. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

There wasn't. According to the rules of the Exempt list, if the incident occurred before you became a member of the NFL and before you've played a game in the league, you cannot be put on the Exempt list.

Our options were to keep him or cut him. I thought that was a terrible technicality and another shame in a list of damn shames in this situation. 

Thanks. They should change that then. Awful all the way around.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I told you guys the chick was lying and a little MeToo'ing ho, but some mod thought it was appropriate to remove my comments.

We could have had three dynamic players on the team, two of which would have kicked the ball, but the Bills couldn't take a strong stance against in support of Araiza in the face of pressure.

Shame on you guys for being so quick to side with chicks who flip dudes' lives around after playing the thot.

Judging from this one, your posts were probably deleted because you can't make a point without using offensive, derogatory verbage.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, birdo67 said:

Go to hell.

Still thinking she was the victim?  Sorry not sorry, but going to random guys saying "I want you to **** me, and if you don't **** me you're a *****" and boasting about an impending spike in her "body count" just rings of someone who is sexually aggressive.  Plus the videos of the naughty times supposedly appeared to be wholly consensual, so yeah, Occam's Razor = being a willing participant in whatever roughness she encountered.

7 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Still thinking she was the victim?  Sorry not sorry, but going to random guys saying "I want you to **** me, and if you don't **** me you're a *****" and boasting about an impending spike in her "body count" just rings of someone who is sexually aggressive.  Plus the videos of the naughty times supposedly appeared to be wholly consensual, so yeah, Occam's Razor = being a willing participant in whatever roughness she encountered.

I love Occam's Razor, "Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity" you always get a close shave.

Edited by ScorpionZero

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

well you certainly didn’t know.  You assumed.  The recent report bears out your position 

More like common sense.  No one really believed she told people at the party she was 17, especially after the video came to light, so that meant statutory rape was off the table.  And that made her claim that Araiza later participated in a gang rape, which was similarly unbelievable, worthless until proven otherwise.  I suspected there was evidence he left via geolocation of his phone, which we found out about recently, but I never expected there to be video of it as well exonerating the other guys.

Edited by Doc

4 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

I love Occam's Razor, "Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity" you always get a close shave.

And jumping from "she experienced some form of physical roughness" to "she was raped" definitely qualifies as unnecessary multiplication, considering all the available evidence.  When the evidence shows her preemptively insulting men who wouldn't have sex with her, boasting about racking up a body count, and engaging in only consensual sex, the answer that requires the fewest assumptions for the roughness received is "was into rough sex".

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

More like common sense.  No one really believed she told people at the party she was 17, especially after the video came to light, so that meant statutory rape was off the table.  And that made her claim that Araiza later participated in a gang rape, which was similarly unbelievable, worthless until proven otherwise.  I suspected there was evidence he left via geolocation of his phone, which we found out about recently, but I never expected there to be video of it as well exonerating the other guys.

The DA did not say that there was evidence via geolocation of Araiza's phone that he had left.  She said that there was witness testimony that Araiza had left.

I say send the Cards a 2024 3rd for him and Hopkins.

Flash forward to coming out of the tunnel... We have Araiza ride out on a REAL LIVE BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!!!111111.

His new teammates Hopkins, Ertz, and OBJ give him hugs and we go on to dominate the Fins 10-3

Edited by boyst

3 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

And jumping from "she experienced some form of physical roughness" to "she was raped" definitely qualifies as unnecessary multiplication, considering all the available evidence.  When the evidence shows her preemptively insulting men who wouldn't have sex with her, boasting about racking up a body count, and engaging in only consensual sex, the answer that requires the fewest assumptions for the roughness received is "was into rough sex".

And now she's gonna use civil inequality as opposed to criminal, and her dumbass lawyer, to try and get her pay day. I bet she's still weeping into her hands, saying that's not how it happened, it's just not how it happened. Check please.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

More like common sense.  No one really believed she told people at the party she was 17, especially after the video came to light, so that meant statutory rape was off the table.  And that made her claim that Araiza later participated in a gang rape, which was similarly unbelievable, worthless until proven otherwise.  I suspected there was evidence he left via geolocation of his phone, which we found out about recently, but I never expected there to be video of it as well.

A couple things:

1.) The prosecutors claim they have witness' they say he left the party before the incident. Her attorney claims that the witnesses are lying to cover for a friend. Pinging his cell phone would clear all of this up, but that hasn't been revealed as of yet. Hopefully it is so there is no question and he is completely exonerated.

2.) Yes, there is video of her acting promiscuous and consenting in other acts. But do we know if there's video of the alleged rape? 

A woman can sleep with multiple guys in the same night and say and do promiscuous things all night long. But that doesn't make her fair game for anything with everyone who wants it for the entire night. She could have consented to things and not consented to others in the same night.

I'm bothered by the whole "she was acting like a sl-t, she obviously asked for it" mentality that's been floating around this thread. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

More like common sense.  No one really believed she told people at the party she was 17, especially after the video came to light, so that meant statutory rape was off the table.  And that made her claim that Araiza later participated in a gang rape, which was similarly unbelievable, worthless until proven otherwise.  I suspected there was evidence he left via geolocation of his phone, which we found out about recently, but I never expected there to be video of it as well.

The people hammering the point about statutory rape are going on like she was a 14 year old at a party with 30 year olds.  An objectively very promiscuous 17 year old at a party of 18-21 year olds is hardly the same thing.  My niece is 13 but passes for 18 with some makeup and her taller stature, so I don't blame the horned up young men at the party for being young and inexperienced enough to not bat an eye when a 17 year old claims to be 18.

Sure, a super aggressive young woman claiming to be exactly legal age SHOULD be a huge red flag, but that's easy for us learned old men to say long after our stupid younger years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.