Matt Araiza

SCBills

23 minutes ago, NUT said:

Not by all. And he will likely always have to explain himself for the rest of his life.

I think all of the people that know who he is and what has happened will view him as an nfl punter that was falsely accused of rape.

I think that the people that don’t know who he is or what happened …… don’t really matter to him.  

What happened to him sucks and he lost money that he’ll never make up.   I disagree with any notion that he’ll be thought of as a rapist by anyone of consequence in his life. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They took the right choice. It was right he didn't play while the investigation was ongoing. And to keep him the Bills would have had to use up a roster spot on a guy who wasn't going to play all year.

But Matt can allegedly prove he wasn't where she claims the assualt took place. 

If that is true - and it is widely reported - the medical examination is not relevant to her claim against him.

My discussion with @Docassumes Araiza is not on trial given the exculpatory evidence in the DA’s report. It pertains only to other potential defendants.

• Like (+1) 1

A baseless allegation found in a filing by a plaintiffs attorney shouldn't have been so damaging. As much as I think she should be held accountable (and also her attorney who almost certainly knew this was bunk) I think there's a ton of cope from people who took the lawyers words at face value so as not to appear to countenance rape.

Those people, the mob who every damn time take the most implausible allegations as an opportunity to declare they are opposed to monstrous acts, are the ones who forced the hands of the Bills and wrecked this kids NFL opportunity.

Special call out to Greg Thompsett who was especially awful on this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, NUT said:

Why not? Women with bodycounts in the dozens before they hit 25 are not sluts? They certainly are not gf or wife material.

Wow.  This may be the worst take I’ve ever seen.  unreal 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

21 hours ago, Steptide said:

Yup

The reaction of bills fans last year when this came out was waaaay overboard. Never even had a chance to prove his innocence 

Now my reply to you is anecdotal but indeed true,

As high a profile case and Buffalo Bills related event as this was story was. As  evidenced by the multi page threads at this very website:

Here in San Diego this conclusion was referenced and nearly simultaneously squashed ,,,my point being that peoples attention

spans are short. He CAN move on from this

The no charges filed  is his vindication. I think He will get his NFL tryouts and even a full time gig with some team.  The headlines should be "Falsely accused punter Matt Araiza signs with . . . "

I hope he has good people in his life to help steer and manage his career moving forward. Move on from this ASAP young man. Have a HUGE chip on your shoulder. Punt that rock to China!

lol

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, muppy said:

Now my reply to you is anecdotal but indeed true,

As high a profile case and Buffalo Bills related event as this was story was. As  evidenced by the multi page threads at this very website:

Here in San Diego it was referenced and nearly simultaneously squashed ,,,my point being that peoples attention spans are short. He CAN move on from this

The no charges filed  is his vindication. I hink He will get his NFL tryouts and even a full time gig with some team.  The headlines should be "Falsely accused punter Matt Araiza signs with . . . "

I hope he has good people in his life to help steer and manage his career moving forward. Move on from this ASAP young man. Have a HUGE chip on your shoulder. Punt that rock to China!

lol

But the Bills were robbed in this. The fans were robbed in this. This isn’t just about Araiza having injustice. He’s one of the best punting prospects in like forever and we were denied the chance to witness such a great talent. Buffalo always gets the rugged pulled from underneath, ALWAYS. Where is our compensation? 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Wow.  This may be the worst take I’ve ever seen.  unreal 

It’s the Andrew Tate pendulum effect to a culture that’s pushed way too far in one direction lately. 

He’s a flawed messenger that makes some valid points, but also injects some nonsense into the heads of a lot of young men who have been demonized by society. 

That all being said … anecdotally speaking, the best sex I’ve had is with high body count women …

However, the only woman I’ve ever thought about marrying has a low body count.  

There’s some truth to it, even if I’m being wildly hypocritical in viewing it that way.  I’d suspect that it’s not a one off and most men likely have a similar experience. 

Not sure why it’s even remotely controversial to say I, or anyone, prefers to settle down with someone that hasn’t been ran through (or has an onlyfans).   I’d say most women prefer the same, but when it’s Tik Tok/IG trendy to talk about pipe game, it’s clear they aren’t looking for little virgin Johnny.

I’d bet those men and women who keep their body count low, get married and have a family, are a hell of a lot happier than us hoes (male and female) trying to connect emotionally as we go on in life and become mentally detached due to numerous partners. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s the Andrew Tate pendulum effect to a culture that’s pushed way too far in one direction lately. 

He’s a flawed messenger that makes some valid points, but also injects some nonsense into the heads of a lot of young men who have been demonized by society. 

That all being said … anecdotally speaking, the best sex I’ve had is with high body count women …

There’s some truth to it, even if I’m being wildly hypocritical in viewing it that way.  I’d suspect that it’s not a one off and most men likely have a similar experience. 

Not sure why it’s even remotely controversial to say I, or anyone, prefers to settle down with someone that hasn’t been ran through though.   I’d say women prefer the same, but when it’s Tik Tok/IG trendy to talk about pipe game, it’s clear they aren’t looking for little virgin Johnny. 

I too have had sex. And it was pretty hot.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

But the Bills were robbed in this. The fans were robbed in this. This isn’t just about Araiza having injustice. He’s one of the best punting prospects in like forever and we were denied the chance to witness such a great talent. Buffalo always gets the rugged pulled from underneath, ALWAYS. Where is our compensation? 

my reply is there is no compensation that will unwind this situation. Period.  The whole thing sucks. Such is life sometimes. Chit ain't always  fair.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, muppy said:

my reply is there is no compensation that will unwind this situation. Period.  he whole thing sucks. Such is life sometimes. Chit ain't always  fair.

It’s true life isn’t fair, but it’s important that as humans we don’t stop trying to make it fair. It would go a long ways if the NFL were to step in and make an exception. They have done more for less. 
I mean the Pats will somehow get a 3rd round compensation for this. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

13 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Life happens. Nobody promised it would always be fair. You sound like YOU are complaining as a Bills fan. Imagine how he feels. The Bills did what they had to do, and I have no complaints. It’s unfair and unfortunate, but it’s time to move on. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not sure why it’s even remotely controversial to say I, or anyone, prefers to settle down with someone that hasn’t been ran through (or has an onlyfans).   I’d say most women prefer the same, but when it’s Tik Tok/IG trendy to talk about pipe game, it’s clear they aren’t looking for little virgin Johnny.

I’d bet those men and women who keep their body count low, get married and have a family, are a hell of a lot happier than us hoes (male and female) trying to connect emotionally as we go on in life and become mentally detached due to numerous partners. 

I mean way to make a sweeping generalisation. Equally my anecdote is that having been on of the later of my friendship group to "settle down" (to the extent I have) I can tell you the boring bobbies who found a nice steady girl in their mid-20s are 15 years on either divorced or asking me to go for a pint so they can tell me about their affair.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Life happens. Nobody promised it would always be fair. Your sound like YOU are complaining as a Bills fan. Imagine how he feels. The Bills did what they had to do, and I have no complaints. It’s unfair and unfortunate, but it’s time to move on. 

This is such a defeatist attitude. How can just shrug your shoulders? Message an NFL rep, reach out to Beane and crew. I mean we just roll over and deal with it? No wonder we haven’t won a super bowl, never will. 

• Dislike 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I mean way to make a sweeping generalisation. Equally my anecdote is that having been on of the later of my friendship group to "settle down" (to the extent I have) I can tell you the boring bobbies who found a nice steady girl in their mid-20s are 15 years on either divorced or asking me to go for a pint so they can tell me about their affair.

Sure, that’s clearly a societal issue as well.

I don’t think I’m wrong though.  I basically gave you the Harrison Butker speech, and I think he’s quite correct. 

Again, generally speaking … there will always be “bored bobbies”. 

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s true life isn’t fair, but it’s important that as humans we don’t stop trying to make it fair. It would go a long ways if the NFL were to step in and make an exception. They have done more for less. 
I mean the Pats will somehow get a 3rd round compensation for this. 

What is the NFL supposed to do? The market will work. If he’s all that, he will have a job in the NFL. He’s not blackballed by the league. I suspect he will be punting for an NFL team next season.