Matt Araiza

SCBills

20 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yes, it would be. The language being used in this thread is abhorrent. Two wrongs don't make a right. Women should never be referred to as the words being used by others.

I'd also like to add that just because she was extremely promiscuous throughout the night doesn't mean she still couldn't have been raped later in the night.

Acting promiscuous early in the night doesn't mean whatever happened later in the night was something she wanted. She was covered in bruises and marks and had a kit done that showed abuse. Acting promiscuous doesn't mean that anything that happens to her is fair game. 

Holy crap.

Are you seriously comparing a player DYING on the football field to a player being released for, at the very least, being a massive distraction and essentially lying on their resume by withholding information Pre-Draft?

Absolutely ridiculous.

You can legally say No given the circumstances happened in CA. Read more. Exceptions can be made if the NFL cares enough about injustice. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We’re all over the place in this thread. 

It feels like we're on the original thread - the 'victim' being called dispicable names, questions of Araiza's innocence, should the Bills have kept him, questions of the legal system...

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

Let's be real here.  If a guy has a large body count we will congratulate him, no?

I won't do it on here but list the kind of names a guy gets for sleeping around, and then the kind of names a woman gets for doing the same. It really is stark.

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

According to the accusers attorney, this thread is much to do about nothing.

He claims that the witness who said Araiza wasn’t present at the party at the time of the alleged rape is a "buddy" of his. 

I will be sure to let the DA know about this, maybe they will change their minds lol 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NUT said:

Why not? Women with bodycounts in the dozens before they hit 25 are not sluts? They certainly are not gf or wife material.

Because it's offensive, demeaning, derogatory language. Simple as that. 

You want to say she lied because it can be factually proven? Fine. You want to say her behavior on the videos collected by the prosecution was promiscuous? Fine.

But calling women "sluts" and "whores" is unnecessarily vile verbage that makes you look hateful and at the very least, disrespectful towards women. No need for that garbage. If you were raised right, I'd dare you to throw those words around freely around your mother.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

According to the accusers attorney, this thread is much to do about nothing.

He claims that the witness who said Araiza wasn’t present at the party at the time of the alleged rape is a "buddy" of his. 

Of course he is.  His case has been blown to smithereens by witnesses and video.  All he can do now it malign the witnesses and claim that Araiza not being in any of the numerous videos from that night (while other she named, and those she didn't, are) is just pure luck. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m so used to having potential all pro players be on this team since the passing of greats like Gronk and Orakpo. We haven’t been able to do the right thing since like forever. So missing out on Breece Hall and Araiza is just par for the course. 

Yeah, we are still searching for a franchise QB.  Just can't do the right thing there.

But since you're a huge man of principal and the Bills are being unjust to Araiza....you won't support the Bills until they make things right.  Because that would mean you are a man of principal.  

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What about men with a body count in the dozens before they hit 25?

I mean you know the mindset you're talking to right?

10 minutes ago, NUT said:

Why not? Women with bodycounts in the dozens before they hit 25 are not sluts? They certainly are not gf or wife material.

Think about it from a practical standpoint.  The anti-Araiza people have staked out that position because they got snookered into this "believe women" business.  If we want to persuade those folks over to our side -- and I do -- we need to show them that you can support women while also supporting due process rights, including and especially the presumption of innocence.  People from all across the political spectrum, ranging from Ted Kennedy to Ronald Reagan, would have agreed that those two values belong together and should not be placed in conflict.

The problem with posts like yours is that woke anti-Araiza types desperately want to believe that they're the good guys in this story.  They just learned that they railroaded an innocent person, so they're feeling some cognitive dissonance and looking for a way to regain their lost sense of moral superiority. Your post is the equivalent of tossing them a lifeline.  It helps them believe that people like you and me are just misogynists.  It makes it more difficult to win them over.  We're clearly winning this argument -- don't fumble at the goal line. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Think about it from a practical standpoint.  The anti-Araiza people have staked out that position because they got snookered into this "believe women" business.  If we want to persuade those folks over to our side -- and I do -- we need to show them that you can support women while also supporting due process rights, including and especially the presumption of innocence.  People from all across the political spectrum, ranging from Ted Kennedy to Ronald Reagan, would have agreed that those two values belong together and should not be placed in conflict.

The problem with posts like yours is that woke anti-Araiza types desperately want to believe that they're the good guys in this story.  They just learned that they railroaded an innocent person, so they're feeling some cognitive dissonance and looking for a way to regain their lost sense of moral superiority. Your post is the equivalent of tossing them a lifeline.  It helps them believe that people like you and me are just misogynists.  It makes it more difficult to win them over.  We're clearly winning this argument -- don't fumble at the goal line. 

I just can't take testimony seriously from anyone who has a videogame avatar.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.