Matt Araiza

SCBills

1 minute ago, Doc said:

If the other guys are smart, they will all say it wasn't him/it was the guys in the video she didn't name.  Who do you charge then?  And how much can she expect to get from these guys?

Araiza is the plaintiff attorney’s only cash cow it seems. And since he wasn't at the location of the alleged gang rape at the time it was alleged to have happened, I don’t understand why the civil suit against Araiza hasn’t been dropped. Previous reports indicated that the police know whose DNA was recovered in the rape kit analysis, so I wonder if it’s as simple as those other guys claiming it was someone else. 

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Would you trade Breece Hall for Araiza and a backup guy?

I’m so used to having potential all pro players be on this team since the passing of greats like Gronk and Orakpo. We haven’t been able to do the right thing since like forever. So missing out on Breece Hall and Araiza is just par for the course. 

• Eyeroll 1

48 minutes ago, birdo67 said:

I'm learning here that plenty of WNY football fans are still meatheads - will wonders never cease?

"meatheads"

because heaven forbid anyone speak out against the absurdity that is being tried and convicted in the court of public opinion because "believe all women"

Am I right?

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Ah yes, the ol everyone’s a Nazi I don’t agree with. Is it so hard to admit we made a wrong decision by not sticking by someone that turned out to be innocent? 
It costed us a potential HOF punter and a 6th round pick because of head hunting people like you. 

Oh Good Grief. 

Please - go outside and watch a house sparrow or feed peanuts to a squirrel or something.

I have no problem with people who disagree with me.  If we meet IRL sometimes I buy the beers, sometimes they do.  

I do have a problem with meathead comments.  Jumping from promiscuity/aggressively seeking sex to “wants to be choked bruised up and left bleeding” is a genuine Head of Meat certified utterance.  

I don’t agree that the Bills made a wrong decision by releasing Araiza.  A 6th round pick is ~30% probability to make the team (another 30% to make the PS) so losing one is no huge deal.  Araiza had question marks in his holding ability and directional punting.  The civil case and possibility of criminal charges and resulting social media furor made him a lightening rod for controversy and a distraction, and also raised the real possibility of him being distracted by the need to prepare a defense.  I feel the Bills made the team better by releasing Araiza and signing Martin, who did very well for us last season as a holder and directional punter.

Is it unfair for a guy to lose his place on an NFL team for allegations that may be untrue, Absolutely, but public perception has always been a Thing for entertainers, and that’s essentially what sports figures are.  And life isn’t fair.  That is how it is.

7 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

"meatheads"

because heaven forbid anyone speak out against the absurdity that is being tried and convicted in the court of public opinion because "believe all women"

Am I right?

No.  You aren’t right.  That’s not the meathead comment.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

they had a choice. They took the safe choice. 

They took the right choice. It was right he didn't play while the investigation was ongoing. And to keep him the Bills would have had to use up a roster spot on a guy who wasn't going to play all year.

47 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I think we’ve already agreed on that. And in a criminal case you could really hammer that home. But in a civil case, that hospital report and rape kit results might be much trickier to navigate. As I asked previously, how often do women who like rough sex end up in ER rooms being treated for injury and administered a rape kit exam? Something clearly got out of hand. How much of an onus is on the men to recognize that and stop? What’s a reasonable expectation? I honestly don’t know, but I could see a lawyer exploring the concept.

But Matt can allegedly prove he wasn't where she claims the assualt took place. 

If that is true - and it is widely reported - the medical examination is not relevant to her claim against him.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They took the right choice. It was right he didn't play while the investigation was ongoing. And to keep him the Bills would have had to use up a roster spot on a guy who wasn't going to play all year.

But Matt can allegedly prove he wasn't where she claims the assualt took place. 

If that is true - and it is widely reported - the medical examination is not relevant to her claim against him.

I would agree that Buffalo made the best choice they could in the situation.  I think a big part of the decision too (sadly), was that they wanted to avoid the distraction.  Imagine the media circus that would linger all season long if Araiza was on the roster.  Just not worth it for a punter.   So they erred on the side of caution.  

With that being said, there still seems to be some degree of uncertainty around Araiza’s role that night.  

The DA concluded that he wasn’t present during the attack, however when the accusations first came out, his lawyer stated that any sexual contact between the two was consensual.  

Does this mean he had sex with her first before the attack?  It does call into question whether she was inebriated then and whether he knew she was underage.  

Im wondering if Araiza told the Bills he wasn’t there during the attack and gave them reasonable evidence to back up his claims.  But perhaps he did not tell them about interactions which occurred that night. 

I guess there still are a lot of questions we don’t have answers to

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I would agree that Buffalo made the best choice they could in the situation.  I think a big part of the decision too (sadly), was that they wanted to avoid the distraction.  Imagine the media circus that would linger all season long if Araiza was on the roster.  Just not worth it for a punter.   So they erred on the side of caution.  

With that being said, there still seems to be some degree of uncertainty around Araiza’s role that night.  

The DA concluded that he wasn’t present during the attack, however when the accusations first came out, his lawyer stated that any sexual contact between the two was consensual.  

Does this mean he had sex with her first before the attack?  It does call into question whether she was inebriated then and whether he knew she was underage.  

Im wondering if Araiza told the Bills he wasn’t there during the attack and gave them reasonable evidence to back up his claims.  But perhaps he did not tell them about interactions which occurred that night. 

Personally I think the Bills made the right choice for the Bills and for Araiza who would have had to endure a firestorm for which no 22yo is equipped.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gordong said:

BWHAHAHA....  one good punt and he in the HOF... priceless

I believe it would have been a top 5 all time punt or something like that. ON HIS FIRST PUNT. So when he says "potential HOF" its not a BWHAHAHA moment.

13 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The correct solution would be to have an exempt list available for rookies like this where they can be away from the team and not lose their jobs while the legal system resolves the issue. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I see someone wasnt paying attention. Its already established fact that they had consensual sex earlier in the night and she lied and told everyone she was 18 and attended a college across town. 

We have a young slut who FACTUALLY:

1. Lied to make herself appear as an adult

2. In High School but lied saying she was in college

3. Was underage drinking at a college party where she knew all the men were 18+

4. Wanted to have sex with multiple men

5. Willing to have sex outside

6. Lied saying Araiza was in the gangbang room when he wasnt.

Those facts establish her as a LIAR and a SLUT.

STOP GIVING HER THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT! Som many people trying to defend their original stance and looking like FOOLS!

You guys are worse then the Josh Allen haters trying to prove themselves right after its CLEAR they were wrong!

It’s not about taking sides…I see this as a very sad situation on many levels and don’t have enough information to make definitive statements 

9 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

The correct solution would be to have an exempt list available for rookies like this where they can be away from the team and not lose their jobs while the legal system resolves the issue. 

If the Bills kept Araiza, I am fairly certain he’d be on the NFL exempt list.  I just feel that doing so, could likely be a distraction that lingered over the course of the season.  

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

We don't need to call the accuser a slut.  It sounds like she basically concocted a rape allegation and ruined an innocent person's life -- let's just focus on that part and leave the personal stuff out of it.  The name-calling is counter-productive. 

How about blackmailer or con artist?

Would that be ok?

16 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Yes, it would have. But the rules in place didn't allow for that. And the NFL doesn't make up rules and systems on the spot for certain situations that arise. Even if they should have.

If the NFL wouldn't do that, they certainly aren't going to make up some special "player who was released for a situation that was untrue" roster exemption rule that a certain poster wants to happen.

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

It’s not about taking sides…I see this as a very sad situation on many levels and don’t have enough information to make definitive statements 

We can definitively say that they had sex outside when she was 17 and he was 21.  But since the DA didn't charge him with what appears to be statutory rape, there must have been evidence she told people she was 18 and it was consensual.  We can also definitively say that none of the videos of her having sex with multiple men inside the house involved Araiza, therefore there is zero proof he was involved in what went on inside the house.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yes, it would have. But the rules in place didn't allow for that. And the NFL doesn't make up rules and systems on the spot for certain situations that arise. Even if they should have.

If the NFL wouldn't do that, they certainly aren't going to make up some special "player who was released for a situation that was untrue" roster exemption rule that a certain poster wants to happen.

Why not, they basically made up rules during the Hamlin incident. I don’t see why they couldn’t do so for the Araiza incident so these things stop. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

How about blackmailer or con artist?

Would that be ok?

Yes, it would be. The language being used in this thread is abhorrent. Two wrongs don't make a right. Women should never be referred to as the words being used by others.

I'd also like to add that just because she was extremely promiscuous throughout the night doesn't mean she still couldn't have been raped later in the night.

Acting promiscuous early in the night doesn't mean whatever happened later in the night was something she wanted. She was covered in bruises and marks and had a kit done that showed abuse. Acting promiscuous doesn't mean that anything that happens to her is fair game. 

10 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Why not, they basically made up rules during the Hamlin incident. I don’t see why they couldn’t do so for the Araiza incident so these things stop. 

Holy crap.

Are you seriously comparing a player DYING on the football field to a player being released for, at the very least, being a massive distraction and essentially lying on their resume by withholding information Pre-Draft?

Absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There's a lot of CTE on this board.

There was a quote years ago about "how our lives would have been different" if we had won Super Bowl XXV...

Get your damned priorities straight.

2 minutes ago, NUT said:

Why not? Women with bodycounts in the dozens before they hit 25 are not sluts? They certainly are not gf or wife material.

Great satire of football fans.

If you really believe this, you are probably from Staten Island.

Edited by birdo67

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.