Matt Araiza

SCBills

26 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

You don’t abandon family on allegations. We quit on someone who needed it most. I hope the rest of the players take notice. 

Most likely some of the players were involved in the decision to let him go.  Now you should let it go.

23 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

From an objective source or his attorney?

Doesn't matter to me, really.  Again from the start her story was bull####, from claiming she told him she was 17 to him having her alone and then deciding to join in a ***** inside with his buddies.  The videos showing no evidence of a) him being there or b) her being intoxicated or forced tell me all I need to know.

4 minutes ago, SirusB said:

I got banned from there when I tried to tell the lynch mob to wait and let the process play out. One fan wanted everyone to donate to a charity to "force the team's hand to release him". Obviously I wasn't righteous enough for them. Screw them. I doubt they learned their lesson.

I got banned from Bills reddit for my views on Vietnam.  Also, I was stealing projectors.

• Haha (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

It sucks what happened to Araiza, but I don't blame the Bills for cutting him at the time. 

Also, out of curiosity, I just checked ESPN.com and there is zero mention of Araiza being cleared.  When I search him up all I find is links to videos of Stephen A criticizing the Bills for drafting him and another from Max Kellerman calling Araiza a rapist.

The Bills organization was put in a tough spot, and I wasn't in the room for any of their internal discussions.  I'm not going to give them a pass, but this is one for the "file it away and move on" folder.  

I am however super-critical of the journalists who were primarily responsible for the punish-first-ask-questions-later approach to this.  Those people should have known better, they failed to do the job they were hired to do, and frankly some of them should be fired.  Stirring up a local mob against somebody who turns out to be innocent ought to be a fireable offense for a journalist.    

Edited by BillsFanSD
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

I am however super-critical of the journalists who were primarily responsible for the punish-first-ask-questions-later approach to this.  Those people should have known better, they failed to do the job they were hired to do, and frankly some of them should be fired.  Stirring up a local mob against somebody who turns out to be innocent ought to be a fireable offense for a journalist.    

You would have to fire the entire mainstream media!

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Doesn't matter to me, really.  Again from the start her story was bull####, from claiming she told him she was 17 to him having her alone and then deciding to join in a ***** inside with his buddies.  The videos showing no evidence of a) him being there or b) her being intoxicated or forced tell me all I need to know.

I’m not sure I’m following.  You’re outraged that she made stuff up, then her lawyer made it even worse?  Ok cool I’m with you there.  But if his lawyer simply made up a story that his phone showed him elsewhere, that’s cool?  Shouldn’t truth be important across the board?

My point is that there is an objective truth to this whole thing but it doesn’t make it easier to reconstruct.  Over time we can probably get close enough to the real truth to make assumptions, but at no point does that make it ok for one side to make up lies in an effort to sway or expedite.  In the initial reporting of this whole thing, the most iron clad truth I could find is that both lawyers were complete and utter morons.

7 minutes ago, birdo67 said:

I'm starting to think that IronMaidenBills has absolutely been accused of statutory rape before.

Lol no. I’m simply an American that still values traditional American values like due process. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Lol no. I’m simply an American that still values tradional American values like due process. 

It's unfortunate all around.

Every party involved made mistakes here.

Due process, due diligence, I still wonder how the Bills knew nothing about this before the draft.

To be clear, it said it was proven he wasn't there.

Nothing ambiguous.  Outright proven innocent.

I was one of the ones blasted here for saying I want to wait for actual facts before crucifying the kid.

She derailed his career and life.  Both he and the Bills should sue her.  She cost us a potentially legendary punter, and cost him so much more.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Lol no. I’m simply an American that still values traditional American values like due process. 

At this point, I think you should lead the charge in breaking Araiza out of whatever cell he's been held in all this time.

It sucks that he didn't get due process in court, and they just locked him up and threw away the key. Has he even been allowed to eat?!?

I'll help you break him out. Let's do this! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

…Doesn't matter to me, really.  Again from the start her story was bull####, from claiming she told him she was 17 to him having her alone and then deciding to join in a ***** inside with his buddies.  The videos showing no evidence of a) him being there or b) her being intoxicated or forced tell me all I need to know.

As it pertains to Matt Araiza, her lawyer’s best financial target in a civil case, absolutely. The exculpatory evidence showing he wasn't even there at the time of the alleged gang rape cannot be denied and I hope the accuser’s lawyer has the good sense to drop the case against him as, even though the bar for conviction in a civil proceeding is much much lower, the DA’s report makes it a very high hurdle imo.

But I don’t think she was lying about the hospital visit, treatment for bruises, bleeding from her *****, the rape kit exam, and the results of that rape kit test released by the SDPD that showed the presence of DNA from multiple sources. Not even her lawyer, whom I blame entirely for the untruths put forth by her, could bull#### that aspect of the story.

17 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

So we’re basically backed into a corner and expected to cut this guy, a potentially great draft pick, over something that wasn’t even true in the end. Pisses me off actually. 

Thank you!!! Something needs to be done to people that lie about something so serious. Not only destroying people’s careers, but also facing many years in prison. I don’t no man it just isn’t right….

Just now, The Red King said:

To be clear, it said it was proven he wasn't there.

Nothing ambiguous.  Outright proven innocent.

I was one of the ones blasted here for saying I want to wait for actual facts before crucifying the kid.

She derailed his career and life.  Both he and the Bills should sue her.  She cost us a potentially legendary punter, and cost him so much more.

The article said?  The article from Yahoo?  This is now what we must accept as objective truth?  

I’m not saying it’s false but it wasn’t exactly unambiguous.  His friend and “other information” indicated he wasn’t there.  I’m not in any way calling anyone a liar but it is not a first hand account or official release.  It is a second hand account likely given by a source with a vested interest.  

You were absolutely correct to wait for actual facts but this article does not contain objective facts.  Do I find it likely to be largely accurate?  Sure.  Could I be wrong and could the actual facts be different than what was written in this article?  Yes.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

The article said?  The article from Yahoo?  This is now what we must accept as objective truth?  

I’m not saying it’s false but it wasn’t exactly unambiguous.  His friend and “other information” indicated he wasn’t there.  I’m not in any way calling anyone a liar but it is not a first hand account or official release.  It is a second hand account likely given by a source with a vested interest.  

You were absolutely correct to wait for actual facts but this article does not contain objective facts.  Do I find it likely to be largely accurate?  Sure.  Could I be wrong and could the actual facts be different than what was written in this article?  Yes.

Geolocation. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.