Matt Araiza

SCBills

Just now, Beast said:

What a freaking dumb thing to say.

How is it? They preach family and unity and throw their own draft pick (thus family) under the bus because of the guilty until proven innocent mob. They then don’t even issue a statement with the new updates. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

There is a sex tape from these events? The only video I'm aware of is when she was "interviewed" for lack of a better term on the porch of the house party where she seems sober enough and claims to be 18.  Obviously, people who were sober earlier in the evening could be too drunk to give consent later in the evening through continual consumption of alcohol and controlled substances.  

Yes - did you read the story? There are multiple short videos of sex acts with this accuser. None of which involved Araiza.

Edit: And none of which support her claims of violence or forcible sexual assault, according to the prosecutors.

Seriously read the thing man. It’s not that long.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I agree.  

Then, on the other hand, I find it difficult to be ok with potentially ruining an innocent man’s life because he was falsely accused.  This kid busted his butt the majority of his life to become one of the less than .1% to make himself a home among the elite in the NFL.  Only to be banished (hopefully only for that one year) based on a false accusation.  

I’m at fault too.  I called him Rape God on this forum. I’m ashamed of that moment of weakness and I hope that I’ve learned my lesson.   

It’s the system. Can’t blame humans for being human. There’s things the general public doesn’t need to know. One of those things is when someone is accused of a crime. 

16 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Unfortunately it won't be enough for some people.  When it comes to sexual assault charges, the accused is forever guilty and any evidence to the contrary is dismissed as a lie or conspiracy.  While not the same circumstance, Amber Heard still has throngs of diehard believers despite mountains of evidence showing her to be an objectively terrible person.

Nobody defends amber heard 

11 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

There is a sex tape from these events? The only video I'm aware of is when she was "interviewed" for lack of a better term on the porch of the house party where she seems sober enough and claims to be 18.  Obviously, people who were sober earlier in the evening could be too drunk to give consent later in the evening through continual consumption of alcohol and controlled substances.  

Read the article.  Seriously.  Do some research before you make a comment.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Yes - did you read the story? There are multiple short videos of sex acts with this accuser. None of which involved Araiza.

Clearly not well enough.  I did not think any new information was available but it doesnt get more concrete than that.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s the system. Can’t blame humans for being human. There’s things the general public doesn’t need to know. One of those things is when someone is accused of a crime. 

I agree, it should be illegal to release any names until a court case is underway. 

10 minutes ago, phypon said:

Anyone sticking up for this woman and STILL trying to blame MA for the events that happened after being presented facts have a serious, serious problem.

Hopefully he gets the support from the media he deserves. As certain as I was that he would be released I am certain he’ll get a job in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Why?

Because it is stunning what people held in high esteem (for some reason) get away with and it's handy to have a stash of examples when I am arguing with my clueless friends

Edited by arcane

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Clearly not well enough.  I did not think any new information was available but it doesnt get more concrete than that.

Then re-read it. It was pretty clear. The prosecutors basically told her to her face that none of her claims were supported by any of the gathered evidence. She made up a story.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I would like to see the Bills show support with a press release but I don’t know if they sign him. 

That’s not good enough. They fired him on false allegations. Do the right thing and sign him if Araiza wants it. 
We don’t need some backup DT that will be barely used. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

Then re-read it. It was pretty clear. The prosecutors basically told her to her face that none of her claims were supported by any of the gathered evidence. She made up a story.

Thanks, I read it fully this time.  By concrete I meant the evidence shared fully exonerates Araiza.   

16 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

How is it? They preach family and unity and throw their own draft pick (thus family) under the bus because of the guilty until proven innocent mob. They then don’t even issue a statement with the new updates. 

and they would have gotten heavily criticized had they not released him.... at the time it was 100% the correct thing to do.

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

That’s not good enough. They fired him on false allegations. Do the right thing and sign him if Araiza wants it. 

how do you know they haven't tried? 

• Agree 1

Just now, gordong said:

and they would have gotten heavily criticized had they not released him.... at the time it was 100% the correct thing to do.

If this organization had any brass, they would have issued a statement that said we will not negotiate with guilty until proven innocent mob. We are family and will support each other until a crime is proven. 
They need to fix this by re-signing Araiza. 

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

For anyone thinking we should sign him look at what happened to Mante Teo. That guy was a stud player before and after his head got screwed with he was never the same. 

That is a fair point, however, Teo dealt with a lot of injuries to be fair though which certainly played a role in his career too.  In terms of Araiza, Bills have a punter, there is no reason to sign this kid given we just extended our Punter who was very good for us.  I don't say that coldly, because if we still were unsettled at Punter, I would advocate to give Araiza another shot here.  

But Sam came in and played very well for us, not fair for him to lose his job or have his job in jeopardy either after earning his roster spot here.

1 minute ago, NUT said:

So many on these forums were so wrong, joined in the social media mob to wreck a kid. Hopefully that makes you think about how wrong you are pertaining to other activist mob-like activities you engage in on social media.

One would hope that people would learn from things like this, but the reality is that most won't as its sadly engrained in our society.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.