Matt Araiza

SCBills

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Unless she was on video… Looking sober enough

Talking about how she hooked up with a bunch of guys… Lots of videos at parties

If a woman accused me of rape I would want the hammer dropped

Classiest quote---

" I want you to f me, and if you dont f me, you are a (guessing another f-bomb of a diff variety)"

Walking around saying this to multiple men at the party. Please counter sue the pants off thischick

35 minutes ago, chongli said:

Irvin was falsely accused of sexual assault in 1996:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Irvin

"Fabricated sexual assault allegation against Irvin"

[excerpt from wikipedia:]

"In 1996, as the Cowboys prepared to play the Carolina Panthers in the NFC Divisional Playoff game, media reports stated that Irvin and teammate Erik Williams, while under the influence of cocaine, had sexually assaulted a Dallas Cheerleader, Nina Shahravan, and, with a gun to her head, videotaped the interaction.

Despite Williams' and Irvin's denials of the allegations, the story largely overshadowed the game, which the Cowboys lost. The accuser was later proven to have fabricated the entire incident. She recanted her story, pled guilty to perjury and filing a false police report, and was sentenced to 90 days in jail and a fine.[16] In the game against Carolina, Irvin was injured in the opening minutes and did not return."

He overcame this and continued a successful career with the Cowboys for three more years and then went on to a successful career in sports broadcasting. So, so can Matt Araiza, hopefully with Buffalo. 

Explain to me why he’s indefinitely suspended from the NFL Network for speaking with a female in a hotel lobby? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Now we lost a great talent for all you idiots that couldn’t let the legal process carry on. Guilty until proven innocent isn’t the proper method. 
To make the universe right, the NFL should give the Bills the 1st option to have him return. 

I agree...except Beane was the one who cut him (albeit under public pressure...he still might have anyway though).

Just now, Snappysnackcakes said:

Explain to me why he’s indefinitely suspended from the NFL Network for speaking with a female in a hotel lobby? 

I think it's standard, until the process plays out. I think it's with pay?

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

Classiest quote---

" I want you to f me, and if you dont f me, you are a (guessing another f-bomb of a diff variety)"

Walking around saying this to multiple men at the party. Please counter sue the pants off thischick

Sounds like a completely unstable person that a future NFL star should stay far far away from. 

3 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

The Bills should bring him in as a camp leg … at least he can put a body of work on tape for other punter openings around the league 

Heck, if he outperforms Martin, he gets the job.

• Agree 1

After my career in law enforcement, false allegations ruin the person accused but rarely the one who lied.  I hope this young man can bounce back and that stain on his character is erased.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Billznut said:

It’ll get shut down because all the know it all’s from last summer don’t want this topic talked about now and they don’t want to look foolish if their old posts were dug up and reposted. That’s why it’ll most likely get shut down. 

I agree for this reason. And it's become a witch hunt. And for a lot of political stuff being posted too.

Edited by chongli

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Now we lost a great talent for all you idiots that couldn’t let the legal process carry on. Guilty until proven innocent isn’t the proper method. 
To make the universe right, the NFL should give the Bills the 1st option to have him return. 

He was also signed for 4 yrs, a bit under $1M per year. 

Sam Martin is good.  We lucked out.  He’s at 3 yrs / 2M AAV. 

Not that it’s a huge difference,  but that’s an extra million per year on a cash strapped team. 

I feel terrible for the kid I saw it in my own life where a girl at work falsely accused her hubby of being abusive turns out she was using her coworkers as a buffer so she could sleep around on her husband hooking up with guys on fetish sites. 
His only real recourse is to sue the living daylights out of everyone involved as she clearly damaged this generational level punters chances of making a good living of a skill he has that few else do. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

Just now, chongli said:

I agree for this reason (it's become a witch hunt), and for a lot of political stuff being posted too.

Politics were in play, but yes, should be avoided. 

As far as the witch hunt goes, just own up to it.  If you’re a Bills content creator who tore Arazia down, would it kill you to help clear his name?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

ESPN should do a 30 For 30 on this. The NY Times should follow. I’m just sick over this nonsense. I’m mad at myself, too. No more. 

Yep, when Michael Irvin was vindicated in 1996 or 1997, he told the media repeatedly: "Don't lose the intensity! Don't lose the intensity! [when reporting this news]. He was indignant.

Edited by chongli

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not that it’s a huge difference,  but that’s an extra million per year on a cash strapped team. 

I’m super mad now. I’d much rather have Araiza than Martin. If the NFL doesn’t give us Araiza back, than this is BS. 

• Like (+1) 2

People saying bring him back. Imagine being him, would you want to come back to the team that cut you over something you didn't do?

I'm not blaming the Bills, they had to do it, it's the world we live in. 

Just a ***** situation. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It would probably go under liability, which most homeowners have a minimum of $100k .. 

Umbrella Policies can go into the millions. 

Agree if has umbrella coverage likely OK.  But still could argue,  Araiza by now would be in 2nd season of low paying rookie contract.  But would have received much higher 2nd contract 1 to now 2 years sooner which could be in multi million, may exceed umbrella coverage too?? Sam Martin is making $1.6 mil,  Araiza likely would have got much better 2nd contract.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

People saying bring him back. Imagine being him, would you want to come back to the team that cut you over something you didn't do?

I'm not blaming the Bills, they had to do it, it's the world we live in. 

Just a ***** situation. 

Frankly no, if I was Araiza and knew management couldn’t be with me during the worst of times, they don’t deserve me during the best of times. 
I blame crappy bills fans and McD/Beane for caving to a crazy world. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree if has umbrella coverage likely OK.  But still could argue,  Araiza by now would be in 2nd season of low paying rookie contract.  But would have received much higher 2nd contract 1 to now 2 years sooner which could be in multi million, may exceed umbrella coverage too?? Sam Martin is making $1.6 mil,  Araiza likely would have got much better 2nd contract.

Agreed.   Argument would be lost earnings plus lost future earning potential.  

Unless they have a 2M+ Umbrella, should Arazia go that route and get a judgment, it could be bank account/asset evaluation time if he’s not willing to settle.  

Edited by SCBills

21 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Not exactly. The Bills say they knew nothing about the allegations until the girls attorney contacted the Bills legal department long after the draft. I don't believe the Bills said they ever conducted a full investigation. 

True but not hard to do an investigation in this case.  You need to establish that she lied about her age and that was easy enough to do.  Next you determine where he was when the festivities inside the house happened using geolocation of his cell phone.  Maybe with an assist from the SDPD.

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Bills own the decision to buckle under pressure and cut him. They own the consequences of their decision.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.