Matt Araiza

SCBills

17 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Happy to say I was absolutely on the right side of this issue, and the proof is in this thread - thanks for finding and posting.  I got absolutely blasted for it too, by some nut-job with serious mental issues - cant recall her handle / screen name.  Happy for Matt!

A look at the last few pages shows that a poster by name of @redtail hawk was clearly on the other side of the argument. 

4 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Astonishing how many people here concluded he was guilty without knowing anything, maybe reserve judgement next time.

He screwed himself over on two fronts. First by having sex in public with a young girl he just met, and then by failing to disclose to the NFL or the Bills that he had been questioned in an alleged rape case of an underage girl.

Incredibly poor judgement on his part in both instances. 

Had he not hooked up with some rando on the side of a house that turned out to be under the age of consent this never would have been a story. 

Had the Bills front office been up to speed about what Arzia knew were baseless accusations, they wouldn't have gotten caught with their proverbial pants down when the accusations went public. 

Moral of the story, don't hook up with strangers, minors, or in public. 

When accused of terrible things you didn't do while trying to break into a business where outside allegations can lead to termination, you better be upfront with your employer even if it's embarrassing and uncomfortable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Moral of the story, don't hook up with strangers, minors, or in public. 

When accused of terrible things you didn't do while trying to break into a business where outside allegations can lead to termination, you better be upfront with your employer even if it's embarrassing and uncomfortable. 

And Beane needs to do better investigations. Apparently, at least two other teams knew of the allegations. Those teams should have some liability for not informing the NFL, so they could warn others.

Just now, chongli said:

And Beane needs to do better investigations. Apparently, at least two other teams knew of the allegations. Those teams should have some liability for not informing the NFL, so they could warn others.

They investigated and found the allegations had no merit.  It wasn't just luck that they came to the same conclusion the DA's office did.  They probably never figured the accuser would go through with the sham.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

They investigated and found the allegations had no merit.  It wasn't just luck that they came to the same conclusion the DA's office did.  They probably never figured the accuser would go through with the sham.

Not exactly. The Bills say they knew nothing about the allegations until the girls attorney contacted the Bills legal department long after the draft. I don't believe the Bills said they ever conducted a full investigation. 

This one hits home.  One of my really close high school friends had to deal with this in a small town.  He and his family ended up moving due to false allegations.  

The thing that gets me is everyone knows his name, and doing some initial searches, i still can't find hers.  She shouldn't have any protection at this point.  What she did was awful and she should be held accountable. 

• Agree 1

I hope Mr Araiza was smart enough to keep himself in good physical shape so he can be up to snuff when his next opportunity arises. For Araiza. 🙂

Im not trying to make light of his debacle. I cannot imagine how horrible it must have been to be accused of such a crime and be indeed innocent. 

If the  San Diego DA's office says he won' be charged to me that is vindication . What a traumatic event  he went through. From Bills draft pick to released.

That is a special kind of suck, nothing good about it. ZIPPO

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, chongli said:

I am not sure if anybody here on TBD accused him. I wasn't, buy many were going by an allegation that he admitted having sex with her, which is, by definition, statutory rape in California. I am still angry we let him go. It won't happen, but the fair thing would be for the NFL to award us a 5th 4th round comp pick in 2024.

also, to be fair, by California law he likely wouldn’t have been found guilty of statutory even if they slept together with her loudly declaring her age at a college party 

• Like (+1) 1

Love to get this kid back. Never believed it for a second. Beane kept him around and cut Haack knowing about the situation. Once everything went public there really was no option but cut him. Maybe he made some good friends here during his short stay and would like another shot

20 minutes ago, chongli said:

Most likely her parents have homeowner's insurance, which would cover this (I think).

I'd imagine a years lost salary of an NFL player projected as to impact over an entire career would exceed what many people have for homeowners liability coverage.

Wonder too does home owners liability cover cases where a person has broken law, in this case filing a false report?

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

One of the things that gave me pause initially and thought looked bad for Araiza was the fact that this accuser did do something that many actual rape victims unfortunately do not do - go in immediately (next day) and get a rape kit done. That, combined with all these prosecutor findings (which I do not doubt at all), just doesn’t add up to me, unless she was attempting some actual malicious s***.

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'd imagine a years lost salary of an NFL player projected as to impact over an entire career would exceed what many people have for homeowners liability coverage.

Wonder too does home owners liability cover cases where a person has broken law, in this case filing a false report?

It would probably go under liability, which most homeowners have a minimum of $100k .. 

Umbrella Policies can go into the millions. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

He's got proof he wasn't there at the time of the alleged gang rape.  Many cases don't have that.

Sounded like the DA basically said he didnt think there was a rape even. Girl was called out for a half dozen lies in that article, and theres no way DA says what he did if he thought there was any chance this was a rape. Hope she has to move and change her name. Dumbass did a disservice to matt and actual rape victims at same time. hope he takes her to the cleaners and takes 20% of her minimum wage job earnings the next 40years

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, chongli said:

Well...I give to over/under to this thread being shut down for not contributing positively to the community here 1.5 days.

It’ll get shut down because all the know it all’s from last summer don’t want this topic talked about now and they don’t want to look foolish if their old posts were dug up and reposted. That’s why it’ll most likely get shut down. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

hope he takes her to the cleaners and takes 20% of her minimum wage job earnings the next 40years

I'm thinking she would declare bankruptcy in that case to get out of paying. Is that possible? 

Edited by chongli

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.