Matt Araiza

SCBills

15 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

As hard as it is to believe, I witnessed this behavior first hand multiple times at frat parties in undergrad (granted this was the 90s/00s). Every guy with half a brain steered clear of these girls.

You don't stick your dick in crazy.  My older brother did plenty enough of that for me to learn his lesson.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I feel terrible for the kid.  Its every kids dream to play pro sports and his was ripped away over something false.

I really hope he lands somewhere and dominates at his position.  

Agreed. 

I am really bristling with anger at the injustice towards Araiza. That girl and the lawyer both should pay for going after Araiza just as soon as it became evident he would have money in his pocket. Scum of the earth!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Doc said:

I heard more than a few people saying that he should sue the Bills/NFL.  He's got no case against them.

Do you know employment laws well enough to claim he has no case against them? I don't. But innocent until proven guilty in America. And he was let go for something he most likely didn't do. Would seem to me he'd have a pretty low bar to clear to have a case. But again, I'm not a lawyer.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I feel terrible for the kid.  Its every kids dream to play pro sports and his was ripped away over something false.

He should be able to land in camp somewhere.  He needs to be given the chance that was taken away.

If the Bills hadn’t extended our punter (I honestly don’t know his name off the top of my head because he’s a punter without a cool nickname), I would say it would be the right thing to do to sign him back.

I really hope he lands somewhere and dominates at his position.  

Except in the AFCE, KC or Cincinnati. I have limits. 

😋

• Like (+1) 1

The rule that you can't go on an exempt list as a Rookie before you played really annoyed me.

He should have been able to be exempt until everything came to light.

And since he's been cleared, we could have had him and Martin in Camp this year. Now he'll get a chance to be Punt God on another team when he should have been our Punt God :(

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Do you know employment laws well enough to claim he has no case against them? I don't. But innocent until proven guilty in America. And he was let go for something he most likely didn't do. Would seem to me he'd have a pretty low bar to clear to have a case. But again, I'm not a lawyer.

Teams can cut players at will, per their contracts.  He could have signed with any other team unless he was put on "the list" by the league, which is outside of the Bills control.

Would be nice to sign him the the PS.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

Teams can cut players at will, per their contracts.  He could have signed with any other team unless he was put on "the list" by the league, which is outside of the Bills control.

Good stuff. Makes sense that the NFL plays by different rules due to the CBA. Thanks!

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Agreed. 

I am really bristling with anger at the injustice towards Araiza. That girl and the lawyer both should pay for going after Araiza just as soon as it became evident he would have money in his pocket. Scum of the earth!

That Lawyer is Saul Goodman in real life.  It's great for a drama, this guy was a straight trash going public with the accusations.  There are a lot of good Attorneys out there and this is one of those guys that gives them all a bad name.

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Except in the AFCE, KC or Cincinnati. I have limits. 

😋

It's a punter.  I would be worried about a FG kicker and every other position.  

Makes me sick to my damned stomach. People will absolutely try to (and succeed) ruin someone’s life. The media piles on, the Shame Police piles on, the whole woke nonsense piles on. It’s ruthless, it’s wrong, and this poor kid (Araiza) is just another of many victims, not the emotionally unstable child (with crappy parents, evidently) who just ran roughshod over Araiza. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So yes, what you say is true, however, rape does happen on these campuses and in these frat houses

Mostly goes unreported

As the evidence comes out, I hope that he can get his career back

Of course it does. And I'm not trying to play blame the victim or imply that women aren't often the victims of sexual violence from men.  Just sharing an anecdote.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Snappysnackcakes said:

Makes me sick to my damned stomach. People will absolutely try to (and succeed) ruin someone’s life. The media piles on, the Shame Police piles on, the whole woke nonsense piles on. It’s ruthless, it’s wrong, and this poor kid (Araiza) is just another of many victims, not the emotionally unstable child (with crappy parents, evidently) who just ran roughshod over Araiza. 

Yup

The reaction of bills fans last year when this came out was waaaay overboard. Never even had a chance to prove his innocence 

Beane should reach out and try to make amends. I’d imagine this is why he and coach were so drained by the whole experience. They (probably/likely) knew it was all BS but their hands were tied. You can’t come out and declare your support for an accused rapist who hasn’t yet been vindicated. Ask Michael Irvin. 

34 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Interestingly, the “victim’s” lawyer who decided to act as judge, jury and executioner on Twitter has gone very quiet….

https://twitter.com/dangilleon

it's interesting he mentions the graphic video showed to them which was so awful cause it apparently showed her consenting. 

• Haha (+1) 1

A couple of thoughts.  I can't imagine why Buffalo wouldn't consider giving his agent a call and at least offering him a contract.  Whether or not he is interested in signing again with the team that cut him is another issue.  Second thought:  If I were Araiza, I would be looking at what legal recourse I would have to hold the girl accountable.  Not only did her lie cost him a possible year with an NFL salary, and maybe more, but her lie makes it harder on other young girls that do get raped. It's a small think but the more girls get caught in lies, the easier it is for the attorneys of future defendants to sow seeds of doubt in the minds of jurors.  Next time the accused might be guilty.  

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Yup

The reaction of bills fans last year when this came out was waaaay overboard. Never even had a chance to prove his innocence 

It was never up to him to prove his innocence; it was up to the accuser to prove his guilt.

I saw this coming from 100 miles away.

To all the people on here that exclaimed “always believe the victim”, your thinking is doing a disgusting diservice to society. Did this court of public opinion help any future victim of rape? No! It made it that much harder for real victims to come forward. 

How about we change it to “always take the victims claim serious”. Is there something wrong with that?? Lets then help the victim with supporting evidence to back up their claim the right way. But whatever the elitist journalists and keyboard kings say is gospel nowadays. That was on full display in this situation. Disgusting

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

She was underaged at a party with a lot of alcohol. You will never be able to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt that she consented to every sexual act that night. Any prosecutor wouldn't even bother filing charges. In a perfect world there would be some kind of justice here, but ultimately everyone involved will just have to get on with their lives.

She should still be charged.  The trial experience would be a good lesson.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.