This should be fun. Mike Clay:

32 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Hard to argue against the idea that the Bills are not in the top 10.  As much as I love Diggs he disappears at times. 

Diggs isn’t the reason this collection of WRs are ranked this low, if not for him it would be bottom 3-5

the jets wide outs are grossly overrated. the steelers should be above them and in the top 15. pickens is going to be a top 10 wideout soon if he isnt already.

the bills are whatever thanks to regular season gabe, the most inconsistent number 2 in the nfl.

33 minutes ago, Augie said:

Ranking the WR’s is fine, but leaving out the TE’s (and pass catching RB’s) hurts the meaningfulness. I think the Bills and Chiefs would look very different if we included all the pass catchers. I’m sure other could argue the same. It’s the offseason, so it’s a fun little exercise I guess.  

I think that would be a fun ranking...include all skill position players for a "best [passing team" ranking

get ir done!

I don't put a whole lot of stock in what some third-party thinks of the Bills' personnel and these types of lists are completely subjective.  That said, just to play along, I think the Bills are ranked too low.  I'd put them in the 12-15 range, and I think that after playing with Josh Allen, Harty and Sherfield will have much better stats, Shakir will improve by having another season under his belt, and with some better OL play, the Bills passing game would improve overall.  If Kinkaid lines up in a slot WR position, do those snaps count as WR snaps or TE snaps?  The same question would apply to all teams (and to RBs lining up as WRs, such as Cook or Hines).  Whether or not TEs and/or RBs would be included, I think the Bills will rank higher on THIS chart a year from now.

Also, I think the Bills will have one of the top 5 "passing games" if you include TEs and RBs.  I realize that the Bills RBs have not been much of a part of the passing game in recent years, but I'm optimistic that this will change this year.  Dorsey will have a full season under his belt, Allen won't have an injured elbow that causes pain on short passes, and Cook and Hines will have had more time and experience with the team so that they can be better integrated.

Unfortunately, till now, BB didn’t land what everybody here hoped for: OBJ (gone), or DHop (almost gone). 

Be honest guys, we desperately wanted one of those two in Buffalo, but the blockbuster didn’t happen. 

Imagine this offense with DHop: unreal ! In this list we would be easily top 2, number one to me. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills are too low. They aren’t top 10 though. It isn’t that insulting. 

Diggs........a top end #3 in Gabe..........and a bunch of dudes WE like because we expect the upside........but in reality.......extremely low floors and even lower pedigrees.

Their ranking is fair, IMO.........they certainly wouldn't be in a top 20.   McBeane have let their fastball go to hell the past couple seasons.   

Hopefully Kincaid becomes good enough to make the actual "WR" room much less important.

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m not too upset with Buffalos rank. 
I would put Vegas and Minnesota a few pegs down. Outside the star there’s not much on their groups either

I would definitely move jacksonville

into the top 10 and Chicago up a few. 

See I am totally anti this. Minnesota I kind of take the point. Addison is unproven. But Vegas has Adams, Jakobi Myers who is absolutely legit and Renfrow who is a reliable slot.

The Bears have DJ Moore who is good not great, Darnell Mooney who has been a #1 on a bad offense (and as we know from Stevie Johnson the jump from there to a regular contributor on a better team is significant) and Claypool was was a washout in Pittsburgh. 

As for Jacksonville.... a lot of hope in Ridley who broke 1,000 yards once in 3 seasons (all as a #2, drawing 2nd best corner) and then has hardly played in 2 seasons otherwise Christian Kirk is an elite slot, but that's a slot receiver all the same and Zay Jones. Hardly scary. I at least see the potential there if Ridley comes back and is legit but that is a BIG if in my book.

Edited by GunnerBill

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

See I am totally anti this. Minnesota I kind of take the point. Addison is unproven. But Vegas has Adams, Jakobi Myers who is absolutely legit and Renfrow who is a reliable slot.

The Bears have DJ Moore who is good not great, Darnell Mooney who has been a #1 on a bad offense (and as we know from Stevie Johnson the jump from there to a regular contributor on a better team is significant) and Claypool was was a washout in Pittsburgh. 

As for Jacksonville.... a lot of hope in Ridley who broke 1,000 yards once in 3 seasons (all as a #2, drawing 2nd best corner) and then has hardly played in 2 seasons otherwise Christian Kirk is an elite slot, but that's a slot receiver all the same and Zay Jones. Hardly scary. I at least see the potential there if Ridley comes back and is legit but that is a BIG if in my book.

Totally fair assessment. I’m banking on Pederson and Lawrence being able to elevate them. 
Renfrow is one of my favorite players, for some odd reason though the Vegas coach loves his big sets and in the few games I watched took Renfrow off the field a ton so he could have his tight ends and fullback out there. I even seen them do it in obvious passing downs. I would like their group much more with a different coach lol 

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Hard to argue against the idea that the Bills are not in the top 10.  As much as I love Diggs he disappears at times. 

I don't disagree, not top 10, but #20?  I just don't see it.  Josh doesn't put the numbers up last year that he does with a bunch of bums and I think they've improved this season, even though not by a huge amount.

If you add TEs to the equation, I think the Bills crack the top 10 or are right on the border.

Edited by Billz4ever

Sounds about right.

Beyond Diggs last year there was no receiver that defenses had to be particularly concerned about. 

I could safely say almost no slot receiver, they hardly used Shakir though he looked good when out there, and how many vital catches or games did Davis have?

Kincaid, the use of Shakir, and the two new guys could all make a significant difference this year. Ditto for the use of the running backs in both the running and passing game (yup, that is what they are there for, Ken...).

But how many fans could actually have confidence that they will be used correctly or effectively by Dorsey?

He better be working his kiester off, and working with more experienced coordinators this off season to change that perception.  If not, even if the Bills had the best receiving corps in the NFL, it would be on paper only.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Think the Cowboys, Commanders, 49ers, Jags, Bears and Jets are too high.

Bills, Saints, Ravens, Colts and Lions too low.

I agree but the Bills will move up the list when we roll out our new tight end & other receivers we signed this off season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.