This should be fun. Mike Clay:

What was it last year? It’s hilarious how much people loved Davis last year and now he’s a bum. 

pretty good list. Washington is too high. Chicago did a great job remaking a trash group. Jags could be higher.

Wonder how some bills fans will discount Mahomes if he does awesome wirh this group (Rice could be a stud).

• Agree 1

I would prob rank us 5 or so spots higher, but I'm not going to argue.

Gabe had an ok year, but many were expecting a meteoric rise and that just plain did not happen.

The new TE isn't going to move the needle in WR rankings.

We've got some intriguing young players but none that have shown anything amazing just yet

• Agree 1

Why are people upset? This is pretty accurate.

Heading into last year the unit had more unknown but positive feelings on the WR corp as Gabe looked unreal in the post season ready to take the next step and McKenzie had some big games that also feel that way plus Crowder/Shakir were thought to be ready for the slot.

Now we unfortunately know Gabe isn't a true WR2 and more a WR3 type guy, they realllyyy need a slot guy with Beasley gone but they are expecting that from Kincaid, and Shakir while showing promise needs to do more and the only other additions are lower intrigue FA guys. Their certainly not bad, but after Diggs they currently have a lot of WR3/4/5 esq guys and they need to hope someone elevates to a WR2 spot or the group itself elevates.

• Agree 2

Ranking the WR’s is fine, but leaving out the TE’s (and pass catching RB’s) hurts the meaningfulness. I think the Bills and Chiefs would look very different if we included all the pass catchers. I’m sure others could argue the same. It’s the offseason, so it’s a fun little exercise I guess.  

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

It's not a big deal because it's not far off. We have a bona fide #1 elite WR and the rest is suspect. 

It's not about the individual, it's about the whole offense.

Where did the Bills rank in Passing Offense? Bet it was Top 5.

How many of those teams above the Bills didn't make the post season? Quite a few..

Mike Clay's opinion, nothing more.

And BTW, his opinion sucks 😂

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Agree with a lot of the thoughts: Bills too low but not top 10.  Would add that considering how much production Allen has with our WR you have to have him super high on QB rankings.  Def ahead of Burrow considering their weapons.

That's always been the thought related to Allen and the receivers.  He has shown to do more with less.

Until Gabe Davis proves he is more than last year, the new guys and Shakir prove to have roles they can handle, and Kincaid shows he is more of a Big Slot WR than a TE, Bills receiving unit isn't going to get a ton of love from the media or outside opinions.  

Still graded too low IMHO, but I also don't have an issue with it.  

More importantly, the team at 26 is also the reigning SB champs...so this list don't mean a whole lot anyway.  

• Agree 3

I’m not too upset with Buffalos rank. 
I would put Vegas and Minnesota a few pegs down. Outside the star there’s not much on their groups either

I would definitely move jacksonville

into the top 10 and Chicago up a few. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.