Zach Ertz says he was almost a Bill

15 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/zach-ertz-says-he-was-close-to-becoming-a-buffalo-bill-in-2021-trade/article_a784aba2-ec36-11ed-bf27-3fc957f0a7c6.html

“We will never forget our time in Buffalo, and we still root for the Bills, especially now that we’re in the NFC,” he said of himself and his family. “As a fan of the Bills, I did love that pick of Kincaid."

You misattributed this quote to Ertz

On 5/7/2023 at 8:55 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, they addressed that in the article.

"Ertz said one person – on the Eagles’ side of the talks – nixed the deal with the Bills. He would not say who. The most likely candidate probably would be Eagles general manager Howie Roseman."

On 5/7/2023 at 8:55 AM, Thurman#1 said:

If I were to guess who may have gotten in the way of the deal, I would guess Tom Donahue. He was head of player personnel and still has a beef with Buffalo.

On 5/6/2023 at 9:55 PM, Realist said:

Unfortunately we couldn’t get the Ertz thread to 300 pages…it’s our fault.

I feel like I should get at least some credit for the deal almost being done, having started that thread...

On 5/7/2023 at 2:17 AM, msw2112 said:

Not sure which year that was, but the year Reich won the comeback game against Houston and the road playoff game at Pittsburgh, he had the hot hand and the Bills should have ridden it.  While it's true that Kelly started and won the AFCCG against Miami, the whole game was dump offs and screen passes.  He was nowhere near 100% and Reich was playing lights out.  That's where Parcells exceeds Levy (and I LOVE Marv).  Parcells was willing to keep the starter Simms on the bench and ride the hot hand of backup Hostettler to a SB Championship, but Levy didn't do the same (different years, but same era, similar circumstances).

If I have my playoff seasons mixed up, feel free to flame away... it's late, I'm tired, had a few adult beverages earlier, and I'm not going to look it up.  The point remains the same.

No you are not mixed up.  The year of the comeback game was the same year as Super Bowl 27.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.