Nick Foles...Better Backup or Keep the Bromance

Wizard

Nick Foles would be a more talented QB than K. Allen or M. Barkley. I like that he has won big games and that he is a big and strong QB like Allen.

Obviously, K. Allen is a close friend and Barkley knows the system.

Would not feel comfortable with anyone but #17 leading the team, yet Foles has shown to be reliable to win games when thrust into starting off the bench.

Wondering if bringing Foles in for due diligence is the best call or not mess with the Bromance of Josh and his buddies.

• Vomit 1

Foles is an example of a player who catches lightning in a bottle a few times but never can sustain it or even regain anything close to it ever again.

It happens randomly out of nowhere and then it's gone just as quick. 

A bunch of teams have paid him a lot of money hoping to see some lightning only to get a dud.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I’m trying to figure out why everybody clowns on Kyle Allen

I mean, yeah, he’s friends with Josh Allen

But the guy has NFL experience not only that he has NFL winning experience. Has he been a starter for a whole season? No but he has won games

In addition to that his personal strengths, match our 2° no he’s not Josh Allen nobody is but he’s mobile and he’s got an arm on him

I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do in camp

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

But the guy has NFL experience not only that he has NFL winning experience. Has he been a starter for a whole season? No but he has won games

In addition to that his personal strengths, match our 2° no he’s not Josh Allen nobody is but he’s mobile and he’s got an arm on him

Hell oui! Looking forward to him getting action with a 21 point 4th quarter lead in several games this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

In 2018, he started off better than Josh. A guy at work ( Panthers fan and dick) took a lot of pleasure sending me the weekly QB power rankings and telling me we got the wrong Allen.

I think KA strung together 5 wins and there was local talk in Clt about them possibly having their new Franchise QB😂 Amazing how dump offs to a healthy McCaffery can pad a QBs stats.

I don’t dislike him as our backup but if Josh goes down for any extended period of time the Real Wrong Allen is only going as far as our O line/Running game and Cook out of the back field on dump offs get us.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

In 2018, he started off better than Josh. A guy at work ( Panthers fan and dick) took a lot of pleasure sending me the weekly QB power rankings and telling me we got the wrong Allen.

I think KA strung together 5 wins and there was local talk in Clt about them possibly having their new Franchise QB😂 Amazing how dump offs to a healthy McCaffery can pad a QBs stats.

I don’t dislike him as our backup but if Josh goes down for any extended period of time the Real Wrong Allen is only going as far as our O line/Running game and Cook out of the back field on dump offs get us.

I just think you could say that about any QB we’re going to have if he won say two out of three games if Josh was not behind center that would be a success

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Foles is an example of a player who catches lightning in a bottle a few times but never can sustain it or even regain anything close to it ever again.

A bunch of teams have paid him a lot of money hoping to see some lightning only to get a dud.

Only one team paid him "a lot of money"--the Jags at 30 mil for one year (because they are a joke).  Other than that, he has mostly been on rosters as a backup since he won the SB with Philly (worked out well for the Eagles, no?) and he has been paid backup money. 

As for who I would pick for backup?  Foles all day long over Kyle Allen.  He had 1 almost mediocre season as starter, the rest he's been a dud as a backup.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Wizard said:

Nick Foles would be a more talented QB than K. Allen or M. Barkley. I like that he has won big games and that he is a big and strong QB like Allen.

Obviously, K. Allen is a close friend and Barkley knows the system.

Would not feel comfortable with anyone but #17 leading the team, yet Foles has shown to be reliable to win games when thrust into starting off the bench.

Wondering if bringing Foles in for due diligence is the best call or not mess with the Bromance of Josh and his buddies.

Backup QB may be the least important position on this roster. I would rather pay a gunner than a backup QB and I hate gunners.

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

He’s not good john. We have a bottom 5 backup qb situation. Foles shows you how important having a good backup is. 

I have nothing against Kyle. I’m just against bad qbs. As a bills fan, I can recognize bad qbs prettt easy. I’d love to upgrade the position. I would float a 7th for Willis on the Titans and see if we can develop him here. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Sounds a lot like Daniel Jones.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s not good john. We have a bottom 5 backup qb situation. Foles shows you how important having a good backup is. 

I have nothing against Kyle. I’m just against bad qbs. As a bills fan, I can recognize bad qbs prettt easy. I’d love to upgrade the position. I would float a 7th for Willis on the Titans and see if we can develop him here. 

Really?   Didn't you spend seasons propping up EJ even after it was obvious he sucked?  Lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.