New Stadium Location question.

AuntieEm

Is the location still on the site òf the Indian village/burial ol grounds?   I googled the urban legend of the curse of the stadium being built on indian burial ground and  learned of the Sheldon family cemetery which was not disturbed and I learned the direction of the stadium wind tunnel effect is due to the original stadium orientation having to be adjusted so the construction of the stadium did not disturb the cemetery which I read is just outside gate 7 at the stadium.

Good news is the new stadium will no doubt be oriented to remove the wind tunnel effect the current stadium has.  Now once they demolish the old stadium I believe the plan is to use the area as parking for the new stadium?  If so curious how they will zone off the Sheldon family cemetery.  Be a bit odd to have a cemetery in the middle of stadium I parking lots.  Maybe set up a second cemetery to mirror the Sheldon family cemetery and we can designate the mirror cemetery as the place Mafia can perform burial rites pregame cleremonies for that weeks opponents.  

Any other suggestions to what needs to be done to finally  removing the curse?  It sure seems to have been running amok disrupting the Buffalo sports teamsnot just the Bills.  The skate in the crease for the 2006 SCF loss.  And before that the puck through the side of net or the bát that was killed in the old Aud.  Definitely some strange occurrences fill our sports history.  We need to cleanse the bad karma once and for all.  What steps do you all think need to be taken?

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

The skate in the crease for the 2006 SCF loss. 

Errrgggh 1999 was the Stanley Cup Final vs Stars.  Sabres were knocked out of playoffs by Carolina in Eastern Finals in 2006. 

The end of your post got kinda creepy. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The stadium is going where the  RV lot and ECC parking lots are located across Abbott Road from the stadium.  I never heard  the there was an Indian burial ground on the stadium property.  The family cemetery is in the back corner NE of the lot . They won't need to use that land after the new stadium is built, so no need to disturb it any more. 

4 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

…Maybe set up a second cemetery to mirror the Sheldon family cemetery and we can designate the mirror cemetery as the place Mafia can perform burial rites pregame cleremonies for that weeks opponents.  

C’mon man! 👎🏻

25 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The burial ground is back behind the current stadium. It is where those woods are. 

You would know better than me, but that would surprise me a bit.  The situs of the stadium is (and was, to my understanding) the high point of that area.  The Sheldons buried within yards of what became one of the gates.  I'd be surprised if the Native American burial area is that much closer to the creek.  

34 minutes ago, Wacka said:

The stadium is going where the  RV lot and ECC parking lots are located across Abbott Road from the stadium.  I never heard  the there was an Indian burial ground on the stadium property.  The family cemetery is in the back corner NE of the lot . They won't need to use that land after the new stadium is built, so no need to disturb it any more. 

The story has been that the burial ground was disturbed by the stadium.  It's been said/urban legend/rumor/whatever for decades.  

2 hours ago, Arkady Renko said:

Why don’t we just recycle people like in Brave New World while we are at it?

Exactly. Let's use them. Dig these old boys up, get them in Bills gear, and put them around the stadium in various places like the Bills store, the giant Buffalo, and next to the pissing troughs. Respectably, of course. Put "No Touching" signs on them, hose them down after games, that sort of thing.

7 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Is the location still on the site òf the Indian village/burial ol grounds?   I googled the urban legend of the curse of the stadium being built on indian burial ground and  learned of the Sheldon family cemetery which was not disturbed and I learned the direction of the stadium wind tunnel effect is due to the original stadium orientation having to be adjusted so the construction of the stadium did not disturb the cemetery which I read is just outside gate 7 at the stadium.

Good news is the new stadium will no doubt be oriented to remove the wind tunnel effect the current stadium has.  Now once they demolish the old stadium I believe the plan is to use the area as parking for the new stadium?  If so curious how they will zone off the Sheldon family cemetery.  Be a bit odd to have a cemetery in the middle of stadium I parking lots.  Maybe set up a second cemetery to mirror the Sheldon family cemetery and we can designate the mirror cemetery as the place Mafia can perform burial rites pregame cleremonies for that weeks opponents.  

Any other suggestions to what needs to be done to finally  removing the curse?  It sure seems to have been running amok disrupting the Buffalo sports teamsnot just the Bills.  The skate in the crease for the 2006 SCF loss.  And before that the puck through the side of net or the bát that was killed in the old Aud.  Definitely some strange occurrences fill our sports history.  We need to cleanse the bad karma once and for all.  What steps do you all think need to be taken? 

You were joking, right?

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

You would know better than me, but that would surprise me a bit.  The situs of the stadium is (and was, to my understanding) the high point of that area.  The Sheldons buried within yards of what became one of the gates.  I'd be surprised if the Native American burial area is that much closer to the creek.  

The story has been that the burial ground was disturbed by the stadium.  It's been said/urban legend/rumor/whatever for decades.  

We are saying the same thing. As I understand it, it is back near the football field that the kids use. I’m not sure exactly where but in that general area. 

7 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Any other suggestions to what needs to be done to finally removing the curse?  We need to cleanse the bad karma once and for all.  What steps do you all think need to be taken?

Get rid of team message boards.  

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.