Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

20 minutes ago, mrags said:

They will be contacting people this spring/summer. They won’t be doing tours of the stadium in person. They have a virtual reality tool they will be using for this process. And I’d imagine they will be looking for some kind of deposit, or contract for tix starting jist as quickly. 

Being a Bills fan has become become pretty expensive, eh?

As far as I understood they were always supposed to start this year once the snow and ice melted. Open in 2026 but finish in 2027. I have not seen anything that has indicated a change. 

It was approved by the NFL owners in March 2022. I don’t see how they could have gotten the bureaucracy completed in a couple of months to start last year, but I could be wrong.  

On 5/9/2023 at 11:11 PM, mrags said:

They will be contacting people this spring/summer. They won’t be doing tours of the stadium in person. They have a virtual reality tool they will be using for this process. And I’d imagine they will be looking for some kind of deposit, or contract for tix starting jist as quickly. 

Speaking of that, I wonder when they'll put out more detailed pics of the stadium.  

Just now, May Day 10 said:

Hopefully they can put a permanent webcam on the construction like they have done with the construction of some modern venues.  

They did that when the Islanders arena UBS was being built. It was a live feed 24-7 so you could see the progress being made as it was being built. Sometimes it was down usually because of bad weather but it was up and running most of the time.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Exactly what can PSE do to keep this project on time/budget?  It's not clear what their role is in the construction, other than as it's sole future tennant.

As I explained in an earlier response, most public works construction projects have what’s called a ‘liquidated damages’ clause meaning that the contractors pay a stipulated financial penalty for every day the project goes beyond the contract term. That penalty, along with prompt monthly payments from the Owner, and limited Owner directed changes, are what drive the construction team to stay on schedule. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

As I explained in an earlier response, most public works construction projects have what’s called a ‘liquidated damages’ clause meaning that the contractors pay a stipulated financial penalty for every day the project goes beyond the contract term. That penalty, along with prompt monthly payments from the Owner, and limited Owner directed changes, are what drive the construction team to stay on schedule. 

The Owner is NYS.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Owner is NYS.

And as I said, the Owner can either be quick or slow to pay each month. And the Owner can either meddle in the day to day construction activity or they can leave the Builder alone. It’s no different from having your kitchen remodeled. The Owner’s participation is critical to keeping things on schedule. 

On 5/9/2023 at 11:11 PM, mrags said:

My how things have changed! I vividly remember the trip with my dad to Rich Stadium in 1973 to pick out our seats before it opened. That is a very fond childhood father/son memory. Seeing it for the first time was exciting stuff for this kid. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

My how things have changed! I vividly remember the trip with my dad to Rich Stadium in 1973 to pick out our seats before it opened. That is a very fond childhood father/son memory. Seeing it for the first time was exciting stuff for this kid. 

Still vividly remember being stuck in traffic on the thruway bridge, being able to see the lights of the stadium, and listening on the radio while Washington ran the opening kickoff back. Classic! 

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And as I said, the Owner can either be quick or slow to pay each month. And the Owner can either meddle in the day to day construction activity or they can leave the Builder alone. It’s no different from having your kitchen remodeled. The Owner’s participation is critical to keeping things on schedule. 

But is the state involved in this way?  Seems they would be the ones riding the builders and project managers, not PSE.  Who has this ultimate authority on this build? 

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Still vividly remember being stuck in traffic on the thruway bridge, being able to see the lights of the stadium, and listening on the radio while Washington ran the opening kickoff back. Classic! 

I was still about 10 people back in line trying to get in when the crowd ramped up a giant roar - it was SO EXCITING………..then you could hear a pin drop. Oops!  Great start. 

I’m sure Herb Mulkey enjoyed it, anyway. 

4 hours ago, SRQ_BillsFan said:

As far as I understood they were always supposed to start this year once the snow and ice melted. Open in 2026 but finish in 2027. I have not seen anything that has indicated a change. 

It was approved by the NFL owners in March 2022. I don’t see how they could have gotten the bureaucracy completed in a couple of months to start last year, but I could be wrong.  

Thank you - This is exactly the correct timeline and always has been. People saying otherwise in this thread are either misremembering or making stuff up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Augie said:

Well. Not this time. This time you will show up to an offsite office in the Tony Walker Centre in Williamsville/Snyder and you will go through your designated rep from a 3rd party company, exact routes you will take from your front door to your seat. Picking your seat out of a virtual template. 

yeah, I think it kind of stinks too. 

12 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sometimes if owner does not "meddle" the work does not get done right.  Our crew did some things right but others were wrong partly due to lack of ability to read English and the team manager and job manager not being there very often.  Each night my wife would find things they missed like driving in bolt but doing it crooked so it did not go in all the way allowing it to tear items put in cupboard.  Most serious issue was the crew was supposed to line them up all the way to ceiling leaving no gap above cabinets but they did it the "easy" way resulting in refrigerator not fitting forcing delay while they did a workaround.  On other had they did a beautiful job on wall tile and it was clear it was a part they liked to do.