Chiefs signing former Bucs LT Donovan Smith

DJB

• DJB changed the title to Chiefs signing former Bucs LT Donovan Smith
3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Nice!!!

They definitely have a downgraded roster going into TC

Remember,  we'd be 3-0 in the last 3 , all in Arrowhead,  if not for the 13 second ridiculous debacle 

Not sure how KC’s roster is downgraded. They added depth on their Oline. Greatly improved their DLine. All their rookies from last year will have a year under their belts. And of course Mahomes and Kelce are still there. Very envious of what they’ve been able to do while supposedly tight on cap space. 

• Agree 2

Deal is "UP TP" 9 million.  

Pretty much they've more or less said he'll start.  In reality...he'll start if Taylor can't smoothly transition to the Left side....or more likely, one of 3rd round pick Wanya Morris doesn't win the job, last years 5th rounder Darrian Kinnard (who didn't play at all) can't win the job...Or if Lucas Niang, can't win the job...they have a good insuarnace policy/hedge there.

it's a good move to make sure we can put a capable line on the field.

I HOPE Smith isn't called on to start and that Morris or Niang has won the job.  Kinnard will never be an OT in this leauge...he has slow feet.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Not sure how KC’s roster is downgraded. They added depth on their Oline. Greatly improved their DLine. All their rookies from last year will have a year under their belts. And of course Mahomes and Kelce are still there. Very envious of what they’ve been able to do while supposedly tight on cap space. 

Ritchie James is going replace JuJu? Who's replacing Mecole Hardman? Dee Ford is a proven guy. KC is a tough team yet as we've seen last 2 regular seasons we can beat them.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

They lost a franchise LT and an elite pass rusher.  Their WR core is led by Toney and Sky Moore

9 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Pretty much they've more or less said he'll start.  In reality...he'll start if Taylor can't smoothly transition to the Left side....or more likely, one of 3rd round pick Wanya Morris doesn't win the job, last years 5th rounder Darrian Kinnard (who didn't play at all) can't win the job...Or if Lucas Niang, can't win the job...they have a good insuarnace policy/hedge there.

I HOPE Smith isn't called on to start and that Morris or Niang has won the job.  Kinnard will never be an OT in this leauge...he has slow feet.

I agree- except I hope old man smith beats the kids out and Patty gets crushed! 

30 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Ritchie James is going replace JuJu? Who's replacing Mecole Hardman? Dee Ford is a proven guy. KC is a tough team yet as we've seen last 2 regular seasons we can beat them.

They proved last year that as long as Kelce is option #1 it really doesn’t matter who the WR’s are. Dee Ford? I’m assuming you meant Frank Clark. He’s a good one especially in the playoffs. They signed an edge away from SF and drafted another in the first round. They’re going to be tough as defending champs.

Yeah beating them in the regular season is exactly the problem. I’d trade those two meaningless regular season wins for a playoff one any day. 

22 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

They lost a franchise LT and an elite pass rusher.  Their WR core is led by Toney and Sky Moore

Yup franchise LT that most teams viewed as a right tackle. I don’t think that’s as big a loss as most on here believe. He might get Burrow beat up. Which isn’t a bad thing.

That receiving situation is all about Kelce. All the WR’s can be jag’s. Which they proved last season.

Edited by 90sBills
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I mean, does it matter Patrick throws the ball before it’s even hiked

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.